Home

Player-Run Cities(Must -Read!)

Lord_Vessen

Jeez, peeps don't get that it was either dropping the stuff or pushing the deadline down a few months. As it stands it probably will have to be pushed because there's just a few months left and beta3 hasn't even started yet. No vehicles, no player run cities, no dark jedi, big deal.

Would you rather have it pushed EVEN MORE down the road so we can have SWG just when the Space Expansion is finished or do you want something you can chew on as soon as possible?

OK, you know what, forget I said anything.

You people are just the types that made Jedi Knight II sell well and sang it's praises from pre-release to today.

Just because it has the STAR WARS logo on it, you'll buy it.

You're all going to pay the asking price and then pay monthly for a game that, as everyone here agrees in one form or another, will not be finished until several months after the release date.

Yes, the game created will be impressive in the extent of things created and included. I'm prettty sure that the game will be fairly impressive for what it is.

But at the end of the day, it's what's left out that's going to ruin it for months. Maybe six months down the line, it might actually be worth toying with the idea of picking up. But not until then.

In the mean time, I'd probably recommend you all something that probably has more of a Star Wars feel to it, like Lycos.com's Star Wars chat room.

Enjoy your game.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have read to date I believed that player run cities not being in with release was misleading. Homes and other structures can still be built on owned property. Enough homes in an area will still get a guard and tower. But you cant yet get a clone facility, politician with relocation abilities, and whatever number of additional buildings are possible.

Lord_Vessen I agree this matter is known to be core among just about every PA. I just fail to see how the postponed features will affect your layout, design, or early implementation of your city. True there is alot more that you would be unable to do; but dont you think the devs have merely postponed the content that would be inhibited for a while anyways due to great cost or highly skilled restrictions? I think they just delayed the stuff that no one would be able to afford for a while and bought themselves more time to fine tune immediate content.

Darth_Rive: No vehicles. No dark jedi. Not at release. No player towns. So what exactly have they left in?

I cant imagine you really are studying at a university on the subject of video game design AND would consider making comments that silly. I think you havent been keeping up with your reading or something.

EQ was run by Verant/Sony. I know more then I ever wanted to about EQ. I know about nerfs, timesinks, broken quests and lost content.

SWG is also Sony. However you do understand that Lucas owns the rights and gets to manage features, details and content in a oversight capacity as it is his patent so to speak. I consider this to be a great balance of professional game design and also holding true to Lucas design. So you think they will risk their combined investments to simply forget some features with a fan base such as SW has?

I expect to see arguements and whines from the gamers on the Sony SWG boards.

I expect to see excitement and in-depth details on SW issues and matters at this board. Your negativity is showing *covers eyes and blushes*

Well, just as a note, it has been said about Dark Jedi that you first need to aquire the rank of Jedi and then you have to get "seduced" by the dark side before you can become a Dark Jedi, so just concentrate on becoming a Jedi and then when the patch gets released that allows Dark Jedi, fall to the dark side.

Welcome to the SWGalaxies.Net Forums!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, XO of the Official Welcomming Committee and Moderator of this place.

Be sure to check out the Read This First thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards, so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts. :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)

Uh Jan? Who exactly are you welcoming? ;-p

On the feature in/out issue... It doesn't bother me at all that people won't play because features that wont enhance the game in anyway until those that are rich enough, or have experience/leveled enough, can afford to make use of said features. If you don't play then more bandwidth for me!!

From what I've read on here and (ugh) on the official boards, there is more than enough to keep me busy for months without thoese added features.

Take ShadowBane for example. Anyone a beta tester besides me? I've found it to be extremely flat, lack of content, way to linear, and I'm bored with it already (not to mention the horrendous lag). I have to force myself to log in and play to find flaws to report. It has no tradeskill activity implemented, no quests implemented, as far as loot goes cheap weapons and armor is all I have seen. So if we get half of what they are saying will be in the game at release it will be ten times better than Shadowbane.

Keep up the great work SWG!

MadMardigan

Originally posted by MadMardigan

Uh Jan? Who exactly are you welcoming? ;-p

On the feature in/out issue... It doesn't bother me at all that people won't play because features that wont enhance the game in anyway until those that are rich enough, or have experience/leveled enough, can afford to make use of said features. If you don't play then more bandwidth for me!!

From what I've read on here and (ugh) on the official boards, there is more than enough to keep me busy for months without thoese added features.

Take ShadowBane for example. Anyone a beta tester besides me? I've found it to be extremely flat, lack of content, way to linear, and I'm bored with it already (not to mention the horrendous lag). I have to force myself to log in and play to find flaws to report. It has no tradeskill activity implemented, no quests implemented, as far as loot goes cheap weapons and armor is all I have seen. So if we get half of what they are saying will be in the game at release it will be ten times better than Shadowbane.

Keep up the great work SWG!

MadMardigan

i think hes welcoming all of us

Archived