Home

Has anybody found the "Extra Special" charecters in the XBox and GameCube versions?

Toonces

The title says it all basically. I'm not refering to the "PEEPS" code that unlocks a handful of extra charecters in multiplayer, but to additional seceret charecters that were included into the XBox and GameCube versions.

For those of you who don't know, Lucas Arts included a handful of community models into the XBox and GCube versions. I finally got an XBox and have been searching for the last few days for a way to unlock those charecters to no avail :(

Well, there are a handful of community models in the XBox and GC versions that seem to remain undiscovered. I won't list them all but it includes Vader, Dooku, and many others :)

LA Approached a few of us last fall about including some of our work in the console versions.

I wish I could, but this information really has never been released to the public, so I have no link for you.

I really do want to find out how to access them. It's the first time I've ever had my name and work in a published video game. I may have to get in touch with the developers and see if they would let me in on the secret :D

• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe that LEC would keep the secret of extra multiplayer characters, especially if they contained skins of Dooku and Vader, under wraps for very long. If such things exists, someone will probably release information on how to unlock them sooner or later. But if it hasn't come out already, chances are it will be later.

I assume you've all done Web searches for this?

--Koala3K

I do believe we're hoping against hope here. I'm doubting it's there if nobody's found it. The longest game secret Lucasarts has ever kept (I think I'm right, but feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong) is the original Rogue Squadron for N64. It was out for six full months before the sites or anyone discovered that the naboo starfighter was there. I don't think there's anything more to JK2. wish there were.

I haven't seen where they've said that except in here. Sorry, if I missed that. I'd like to see where lucasarts has said that, though. Not that I'm doubting anybody's word or anything. I'd just like to see it for myself, to ease my mind. I'm a born doubter, so if you have anything from lucasarts about this, please let me know where to find it. Trust me, I hope those characters are there. Desperately. And I'm the first to admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Just let me know where to find that they said it. I'd really appreciate it.

I've seen it one place other then this, but the topic was deleted because of the staff not believing it, so it really didn't get many replies :/ I hope it's there. I'm bored wioth the game now that I've beat the whole thing twice.

Well, while I was at the GDC this weekend, I spoke briefly with designer Bret Dunham about game control among other things, and he mentioned 'dingo' as a code I should try. Haven't had a chance to try it out since I got home.

Let me know if it works.

If not, I know who to talk to about it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's very interesting. I mean the liscenses all state that any user made mods become property of LucasArts... I never thought I'd see the day when they'd actually COLLECT on that agreement.

Any word on this yet?

I had just assumed the "secret characters" were the extra skins we all have known about in JK2 for the pc for ages (the black and brown clad Imperial officers, "Jedij2," the other four reborns, and maybe Ghost Morgan Katarn... which was removed from 1.04 IIRC which was too bad).

Guess I was wrong?

I'm not sure that "Collect" is the right word, but we all had to sign NDA's with Lucas Arts, and were credited in the manual as well as ingame. AFAIK, having your work included in the release was strictly voluntary.

I really hope somebody will find a way to unlock them.

• 1 month later...

Archived