Is the trade fed just for beginers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the trade fed just for beginers

• Yes
    • no

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-sithmaster... the power of the a wing is amazing :-)

-zone games are all different. you can get into trooper wars....

or if you can rush to t3, you can beat their troopers with strikes if you do it right. air is fairly useless in good rm games, by that i mean fighters.

-air speeders CRUSH destroyer droids... it's pretty unevenly balanced actually.

-dark troopers are very good vs troops, and can also see stealth jedi

Quite contrary. Noobs usually have long draw out games that last well into t4. As a good/inter on the Zone, I rarely have a game that lasts past t3.

Oddly enough, I kinda like the long, drawn out games that last well past t4. But I usually save those for when I'm playing the computer, as most human players don't have that much patience.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

No, air figures into RM. My usual strat is to win the trooper war and then follow up with fighters/bombers/airspeeders in t3

dude, he said in his quote "fighters". bombers and speeders dont fall under the fighters category.

hell, i rarely use fighters when the rebels, the a wings and speeders are much more effective.

A-Wings may be good, but you are gonna need a unit with some meat. A-Wings just die too fast to AA, and speeders an't really dish it out to anything but mechs. And what about in t3. Don't tell me the only air you use in t3 are speeders and bombers. Most games don't last long enough to get to t4 and bother buying the research for the A-wing and then building a fleet of them. Fighters are the first air I build, because, when I hit t3 and are playing a good player, I'm still fighting the trooper war and trying to knock out their econ at the same time, and fighters massacre troopers and workers the same.

Do you Know what I think is unfair? Some army's get 2 UU (4 for confederacy!!) and others get only 1. Why? if lucasarts couldent dig up something in the archives to use, the should have made one up. How about a nemodian technition that can give you brief control over an enemy building if you can get him inside?

:bdroid1::bdroid2::bdroid1:

I usually only use Rebels Confederacy or Wookiees when playing. I never used TF cause I usually wipe through them when I play RM on the Zone. One game I did decide to see how they were.

My conclusions:

They SuCk

lol but in more detail....

They ReAllY SuCk

now ok I'll stop

They can't mine Resouces (in my opinon) for beans.

There Troopers (in my opinon) are useless

There Air units not upgraded are horrible (again in my opinon)

I could only find 2 things that I liked about them.

The Droidekas are sick

And there AC looks cool (yes thats stupid)

I think tf are one of the weaker civs, only 3 strengths, 2 if you are on a waterless map. But its all about the player, civ diversity is a small part of the picture. Tf has one of the best mining capabtilities(3 ore techs) so that statement was pathetic.

Their troops are not that bad, it's not like they operate at only 25% efficiency. I wonder how eefective mixing the dds with them would be.

The Empire seems to be the best civ, noticeably. They have great -mechs--hvy. weapons--sith- and ok troops. They have bad air and sea, though sea is not that lacking. Empire gets every ship but the advanced cruiser. Specifically they got the 4rth best sea.

This seems unbalanced sice naboo and tf can be limited to 2 strengths on a waterless map. ---maybe this is so because the empire was arguably the largest power (no they are not my fav civ.)

No pre fabs just makes for fast rushes. LA somehow did what ES didn't, they balanced the "no pre fab" bonus in the early ages.

Allied-The Imps are just well rounded. They don't suck at anything, but the only area where they are strong in is mechs. They are lacking quite a few Heavies/Trooper/Sith upgrades and techs, which puts them behind the civs that have those techs.

I think the well-roundedness of the Empire should have been used with more civs.

I think the Confederacy realistically should be a well-rounded civ, so in the game I think their only strength should be troopers, their mechs and heavies should be weaker but their air stronger (I still can't get over the fact they have worse air than gungans).

I also think the Republic should be more rounded, with weaker air and slightly weaker troopers but stronger heavies. The SPHA-T in the movie kicked butt while you can't even get heavy artillery in the game.

Trade Federation are good how they are, not weak but not overly strong either. I think one of their best qualities that hasn't been mentioned yet is the extra range their fortresses get, so you can't take them out directly with an Air Cruiser (you can get around that by attacking ground near the fortress, but I mean if you just click to attack the fortress).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived