Home

BGE Ent.

Metallus

It took forever, but the placeholder page has been replaced an entire placeholder site! In other words, the site has been designed, but the subpage content is still on the way.

http://bge.adventuredevelopers.com

Concept art should be up by tomorrow, which would give people a reason to visit, wouldn't it? In fact, I'm not sure I didn't just wait to post this. Ah, screw it.

I demand a completely bugless game within a week. And it better have a unique storyline, excellent humour, interesting characters, superb puzzles and music that rivals Ludwig's little numbers.

Met, you should try actually starting a game before you become a game company. I think you're just hooked on websites & forums.

Still, anything produced should be good, unless you want to tarnish your good name (And with that, the name of LucasForums, which in turn tarnishes LucasArts, and the cycle continues until everyone and everything has been slightly tarnished).

I think we all should start anticipating a high-class game and hyping the company right now, increasing the flood of inquiring emails to your Inbox and delaying the progress of creation. :dev7:

Anyway, hope you get something accomplished, and while we can, let's all play the acronym game. Big Green Elephants.

Originally posted by scabb

Met, you should try actually starting a game before you become a game company. I think you're just hooked on websites & forums.

We actually did have a project going before we decided to organize. I'm really kind of a minor player at this point, except I have the magical ability to get hosting very quickly. Also, some concept sketches are up at the site now if you want to have a look. These may or may not ever appear in a game.

Heh, at least there's something. Looks interesting - who drew them? A Bashful Greek Entrepreneur?

The most interesting amateur adventure game that I've been following the development of is the one that shall be springing from the loins of AdventureGamers' writer Josh Roberts. But that's only because he's been documenting the development process, part one being located here. Interesting.

And now Metallus' team has challenged his to a hardcore adventure-game-making duel, Mojo Vs. AdventureGamers, the loser having to mow his neighbours lawn dressed in his wifes Sunday dress. All I can say is that Josh Roberts has been growing lawnmower-mangling weeds in his garden especially, for weeks now, and he's even hiding rocks in there too.

The fate of the world rests in your hands.

This is far more important than the Bush Gore Election.

Hehe, I drew those sketches, scabb. Also, I'm actually not the person in charge of this thing. My good friend GodzillaX8 forced me to help him out with his game idea, and I was powerless to resist.

Oh yeah, this isn't really a Mojo project at all, it's most likely something I'll do when I want my mind to be as far away as possible from the mooj.

BGE is a state of mind.

Salutations my fellow human beings,

I am your new leader. Project leader that is, I AM GOD...zillaX8, which brings me to my next point, I am also the programming genius behind our interesting little "company" so to speak. I am pseudo-familiar with the languages of C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, but mostly I use a tool which uses Pascal style scripting with other features that shall not be revealed at this time. Good day.

Oo, ooo, you're good at programming?

May I suggest using the excellent SLUDGE engine to put your game together?

The engine rocks, but more importantly: I stumbled upon some problems and after you're familiar with the engine you can solve them for me! Heee-hee! :D (I'm not the best programmer in the world, and that is an understantement.) :p

Anyway, those sketches look awesome!

And for the sake of the amateur developer scene: Don't let this project die! :(

Have a nice day :)

--Erwin

It's freezed. I want to learn to program with Dark Basic or Jamagic so I'm able to create a totally 3D version of Alpha Wing. And if that does't work out I will wait until MultiMedia Fusion 2 is released, because 1.5 isn't powerful enough to handle the complexity of the game.

So for now I'll focus on Bad Timing and seeing how things are going I'm sure I will release it this year!

--Erwin

The adventure game of the year, or maybe next year, or maybe the year after that, will definitely be <insert prospective name here> by BGE! It will have <insert jaw-dropping list of amazing goodness>! I think I've settled this discussion. Oh and one more thing, think I could be on the beta team for Bad Timing?

Archived