Home

X-Wing Novels

A_Denial

I have recently acquired the entire X-Wing collection of books from my brother. I just finished reading the third book ' The Krytos Trap ', and it is in my opinion, so far, the best of the books.

I believe it has everything that it needs to have in it. Not too much and not too little. It gives you the answer to all the questions rolling about in your head, when it is required, and all in all is a superbly written book. Never did I suspect the traitor of Rogue Squadron to be who it was. Michael A. Stackpole is, in my opinion a great author. He has taken a universe and expanded it to a greater level.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread, is to find out what your favourite book of the X-Wing series is, and to perhaps get some information on what you feel about the novels.

Thanks

A_DENIAL

How lucky am I!

Have just found a store that sells books 2nd hand, and has a whole load of the X-Wing series in for £3.50.

PLUS - they are all in their half price sale!

Wedge's Gamble and Another to be decided for £3.50...

In actual fact, I think I will buy them all! (Wedges Gamble, Krytos, Rogue & Wraith)

All ready own Solo Command... 5 down, 3 to go.

Looks like I WILL soon own the whole series!

I now own over 50 OT based books - thats nearly the full set!

ROCK ON!!!!

Umm.. this is not spam, merely a jump for joy at my finding so many X-Wing books so cheap! (Just don't tell the misses...)

Originally posted by Lynk Former

but I got better things to buy... such as anime DVD's :D

Oh yes, much more useful, and more educational too! :D

Anyway, i've got around 65 or so, and i've read many of them more than once, including all the X-wings. I want to buy Remnant, but haven't seen it yet.

BTW, Is Remnant out on paperback yet? Or is it hardback?

• 1 month later...

I liked those books alot. The only thing I didn't like ... and I may not be in the majority here ... was the use of slang terms like "Imps", "Squints" and "Eyeballs". I know that is typical of pilot-speak and he was trying to incorporate that into Rogue-speak, but it just didn't sound very Star Wars-like.

Does that make sense?

I have:

78 Novels/Books

41 Comic Books

18 Essential Guides/Cross-Sections

I don't have all the X-Wing books, but I've read them all. Yesterday I bought 45 bucks worth of SW books. I just need like 2 more books then I'll have all the X-Wing novels. :D

Archived