Home

Problem with mods for JK1!!!

Koon

Does this only happen when you use Patch Commander? If you aren't sure, you may want to try playing JK without Patch Commander a few times to find out. From what you've explained...the problem could be anything from a bug in Patch Commander (unlikely), to the particular video card you're using, to memory.

What I'm saying is...you may want to start by doing a little trial and error...

1. Try using a MOD other than the one that it has been crashing with (if it's only 1 MOD that you're playing).

2. If it's every MOD, try hosting a regular MOD-free game of JK and see if you crash to the desktop.

If other MODs don't crash when you use Patch Commander, this will tell you that it's probably the MOD. If other MODs do crash with Patch Commander, it could be a number of things. You would then want to host a regular game of JK to determine whether or not your game crashes without Patch Commander as well. If it doesn't crash, this would tell you that it's probably Patch Commander.

Also...what MOD are you playing with, what video card are you using, and are you using the latest version of Patch Commander (4.0.0.13 <-- should see this version number when you go to Help / About...)?

Well it crashes differently in every mod that I try to play sometimes it crashes when I press to the fire button, sometimes quickly when level's loaded. I'll try what you said. My card is GeForce 2 MX 400. The Commander version is 4.0.0 13.

Archived