Home

By Your Command,...

HapSlash

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

I'm also wondering how your skywalker model is coming along, you posted a shot of it a while back in the skinning forum.

that was just what i was gonna ask. I know you sent me an email back about it Hapslash, so i thought this was the WIP thread of the skywalker model. But the model it is of is kick butt anyway! Never heard of the movie though.

Thanks,... the model still needs some work, but I'm happy with the direction it's taking. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the sword in or not. Only about half of the Cylons wore them, and which ones, seems to be random.

The light would be great if it could be animated, but I have no idea if it can even be done,... Anyone else know?

As for my other models, including the Luke one, they're still being worked on, but haven't had much time lately to do much or post very often.

Originally posted by HapSlash

The light would be great if it could be animated, but I have no idea if it can even be done,... Anyone else know?

I don't know for sure, I hope that kind of animation can be achieved 'cause that will be make this model more outstanding.

off topic question: HapSlash, dude, what ever happen to that Scorpie and Cmdr Crichton's WIP?

Originally posted by HapSlash

Yes I am 99.9% sure it can be done with a shader, but I myself do not know how. Ask Arco or Toonces, they'd probably know. Its the same idea as the glowing buttons on control pannel models.

I've been busy putting together several Farscape models and am designing a seperate page for them on my website. It should be up soon, but don't quote me on that.

I've been considering putting together a team to make a Farscape mod,... but I've got my hands on so many projects right now I'll probably wait till they've thinned out a bit.

Well, count me in for that Farscape mod. You know, I'll start modeling wynona, the qualta blade, and some other peacekeeper weapons... Soon...

It's funny that you should mention those,.... I started on models for these a couple of months ago, but haven't worked on them in a while.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/pulsepistol.jpg

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/pulserifle.jpg

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/qualta2.jpg

3000! If that were the case then you'd have nearly 6000 polys with just one model on screen. I would say to keep it under 400. You don't need a lot of detail with a saber because you don't see them that close that you need to model in detail. A good skin will finish the job for you.

Yeah,... I'd say 3000 is too much as well. the models I have linked above are between 400-500.

This one's about 3000 right now though,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/colonialblaster.jpg

I'm in the middle of making it for the game, but the gun is asymmetrical, and might push the limit of the polys a bit, that's why I was wondering what the general allowance would be.

I like that sword a lot....wish someone would make a sword pack that replaced every saber color with a different type of sword. And of course it would need sounds. And make it where when you turn on the saber...you dont see the saber pop up inside the sword...bleh. Think there is a couple of these..but they suck.

Originally posted by bleek

I like that sword a lot....wish someone would make a sword pack that replaced every saber color with a different type of sword. And of course it would need sounds. And make it where when you turn on the saber...you dont see the saber pop up inside the sword...bleh. Think there is a couple of these..but they suck.

that would require some coding.

Archived