Home

My next model

KevinCoyle

Now that I've finished up Old ben I've been contemplating which star wars model to do next after I finish up some non-star wars models I've been working on. I'm really only interested in the more "main" characters in the movies not the ones you would need a character guide just to know the names of. Unfortunatly most of those have already been done. I wouldn't mind doing a character that's already been done but may not be as accurate as it could be, I'd like to try to make whoever I do next really look like the person it's suppose to be. I was curious as to which main characters you guys would most want.

i think first you might want to do a ghost ben (or someone could always do it b/c kinja didnt do the ghost yoda) i was thinking maybe episode II obi wan (unless you are sick of obi wan), maybe princess leia, or the male twilek that worked for jabba in return of the jedi, or if you are willing to go more general i would really like to see an ewok which could have several skins but if you want to do a more specific character then ok.

I considered doing an ep1/ep2 obiwan when jolts told me his very accurate models would not be released for jedi knight II. However, I looked at Tex's Ep2 obi-wan model that Toonces is working on and it's very well done, the face is the only thing that could use some work as far as accuracy is concerned but Toonces is working on that. I'd be willing to collaborate with him on it if he could use any help with it. But it would seem like a waste to create a whole new body and everything when tex's already looks really good.

A ghost Ben would be interesting, I'll think about it. I was thinking of finding a skinner really good at doing clothing to help me reskin ben's robes, I'm not as good at clothing as some of the skinners I've seen around here and it would only help to make the model better. I was planning to include the new clothing skins with a version 2 of Old ben, one that would have the rest of the clipping problems and some other minor errors fixed and would include LODs. I could include a ghost ben with that one also. Hell, if I did end up collaborating with toonces on his Obi-wan model, we could make all three really good and release one big Obi-wan Kenobi pack with every version of obi-wan from prequals to original trilogy. What do you think?

I was also thinking of doing Leia, since no one has made one except for the Boush model. I've been looking for a good portrait and profile of her to help build an accurate head. Portraits usually aren't too difficult to find, direct profiles are rare though.

I think a Leia model would be the best idea. Since there's not very many female models available at the moment. It seems like all the different Leias look like multiple projects instead of 'switching their heads' ;)

You could surf around the StarWars.com database at characters, and see which one you think'll go best, otherwise. :)

if you made only one leia i would like it to be the bespin leia because it looks the best. the other ones are just too plain in my opinion anh and hoth she has plain white clothes and endor has just green clothes but the bespin has a good bit of color which is why i would like to have that one the most

i would have also liked to see the trebor coleman or whatever is the name of the guy that is Hèkx Nòxú's icon but you would probably want to do a more specific character that everybody know but i would like to see more alien species in the game

Leia definately! She is one of the most primary of the core characters and has only been done as Boussh. But I disagree on which to do first. I believe the ANH Leia would be best and simplest and then the TESB Leia

TESB and ROTJ are good for future complex projects: Bespin gown Leia and the same head for the Bespin escape Leia in TESB and for ROTJ Endor Leia with and without helmet.

IMHO.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I think you (and everyone else who is planning

to make some model) should consider making some Female

model before anything else !

2. If you want to make some model from that original

trilogy then i quess it should be Leia

3. But i would prefer models from that new trilogy

( Some of those female jedis or EP1 version of Padme or

just base model )

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah AJL, A padme amidala frm episode 1 as the queen is a very good idea, i need one for an episode 1 mod with a new end level and stuff, so i desperately need one. Plz kevin, help out a modder and make this much needed model :D well no pressure, just make what ever u like :)

A good female model to make is Taun We the female Kaminoan

in episode II. She was the administrative aide to the Prime Minister, Lama Su. It's a new character and a new species, it would be really cool if you could create her. If you don't decide to do her now maybe you could sometime in the future :D

here are a few pics of her

both2.jpg

femalefront.jpg

femaleface.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived