Home

Who is the Voodoo Priest?

RicardoLuigi...

she also states that pure evil (lechuck) can't be killed. maybe this is a way of downing guybrush's spirits so he wont kill lechuck in fear of utter failure.

but this is going off topic. i suggest someone start a new thread about this topic.

**edit**

oops, sorry, didn't realise it had been seperated from the last thread enevr mind carry on.

...and thus, the thread became split :).

It's a very interesting theory; perhaps the Voodoo Lady was trying to protect LeChuck's reputation when she says that she killed LeChuck. Think about it; if you were the most feared Ghost Pirate to ever grace the face of the planet, would you rather have the legacy of being killed by an 18-year-old pirate wannabe, or the legacy of being killed by an all-powerful voodoo priestess?

Also, the Voodoo Lady does mysteriously disappear a lot, particularly in the first game...*dramatic chord*

yeah, i hated how she just disappeared and appeared out of nowhere. she looked like a man with that shadow under her chin. a little off the topic, but unfortunate nonetheless.

that voodoo priest freaked me out the first time i saw him. they don't even "formally" introduce him, so to speak. he just shows up. i was like, "who the hell is this guy?" and why was that key to the cage so big?

you know, that guy actually looked kind of tribal. anywho- the voodoo lady could actually very well be lechuck, i think. she just casts a spell on her and poof, she's lechuck now. but that would also mean that she was fester. actually, if she had two costumes on, she'd probably overheat, lol. strike that idea down in flames.

however, i did find it strange that she was shipping those products. maybe lechuck bribed her, who knows? or maybe...

she's too lazy to transport those to her fortress before she gets there and becomes lechuck! maybe that's the secret of monkey island (not). i really don't want to start one of those threads again.

yeah, that taking credit for stuff guybrush did was a bunch of crap. and i don't really think she'd want to save lechuck's reputation by saying he was defeated by an all powerful voodoo priestess. and it was largo that tells guybrush. maybe he knows that lechuck is the voodoo lady, and the voodoo lady/lechuck tells him (largo) that he was beaten by the priestess(to save himself embarassment), therefore largo takes it that the voodoo lady had said that. that way, the voodoo lady also gets credit. actually, that doesn't make sense, does it. see, that's the thing with me. i always have something perfectly planned out in my head, i go to put it down, and i don't know how to word it or i forget one of the major links to my theory.

dang.:mad:

ah, i see. that's just stupid. i'm sure they wouldn't have to make it that big for him to be looking for one.

hey, you know what's weird? i remember seeing wally in a jail cell in the basement, then i said, "well, i'll get the key for you." i spent forever looking for it. i finally see it and then i get trapped. i played it again later on, and this time the game completely just skipped over the wally in jail part. is there something wrong with this, or is it unnecessary for you to visit wally. cause you know how sometimes you can just do the thing without visiting someone and getting information, but sometimes you need information to do the thing(like with the boulders in emi). which one is it? cause that was my favorite part in the whole game. i liked that room. and i only got to see it once. *boohoo*

The whole "LeChuck's Fortress" part of the game really creeped me out, particularly the last time I played it, so I always used to rush through it like the rushiest rush that ever rushed.

But, no, you don't have to visit Wally, but I do advise that you do so; not only does it make the game make more sense, but you get some really cool dialogue.

Originally posted by Suuri Yksl

ah, i see. that's just stupid. i'm sure they wouldn't have to make it that big for him to be looking for one.

Yeah, but you’ve also got to look at it from a practical point of view. They only have a few pixels to show that it’s a key, so they had to make it big.

Originally posted by The Feral Chicken

The whole "LeChuck's Fortress" part of the game really creeped me out, particularly the last time I played it, so I always used to rush through it like the rushiest rush that ever rushed.

But, no, you don't have to visit Wally, but I do advise that you do so; not only does it make the game make more sense, but you get some really cool dialogue.

okay, explain to me why i never saw wally ever before actually getting caught. i must have missed this completely (although i have only played it twice so...) can asomeone please tell me how to get to wally thanx. :D

Well, you don't see him getting caught...that all happens when you're getting his love potion from the Voodoo Lady (somehwat conveniently, eh?). But if you follow the right paths when you get LeChuck's Fortress, you can see Wally hanging around the cells...literally :D.

oh don't spoil our fun, it's not as if we're actually telling people that she is anything mroe than what teh game designers meant her to be, we're just daydreaming and coming up with conspiricies.

and what the hell is a phycic?:confused:

and alos, why is she never around at the same time as lechuck. i mean in CMI, we see her, but we only see lechauk ages later. in EMI, we again see them apart and...

okay, this isn't going to work is it, fine, the voodoo lady is not lechuck in desguise. but she could be his right hand woman (no, not largo)

Shush! Stop thwarting our attempts at a conspiracy theory! I think it's good not to take things at abbsolute face value sometimes, but then again, maybe I jsut think too much.

Another nugget of info, inspired by Neil mentioning Largo...Largo has a peary white bra checked in to the landry under his name; a bra that you give to the voodoo lady. Why would Largo have a bra? Think about it...perhaps Largo does the Voodoo Lady's laundry. No-one would say anything about Largo taking women's clthes to be washed, claiming they were his, because no-one would dare say anything about it.

At this point, I'm going to name the Voodoo Lady, for ease of typing, by selecting the firt word I point to in the dictionary. And that word is...Enchantment, ideally enough. So for the rest of my post, the Voodoo Lady is known as Enchantment.

Anyway, Enchantment tells Guybrush that he'll have to be close to Largo for the doll to work...very close. This is because they have to get Guybrush off Scabb, and as such they need to end all fear of Largo. But how? Stage Largo being cast away from the island, of course! Enchantment tells Largo to fake pain when Guybrush pokes the doll with the pin, then tellls Guybrush that he'll have to be close to Largo so that Largo cn see when he's doing it. Simple, eh?

i'm thinking of something much simpler than that, and that is

VL, much beter than enchantment because people get the point.

but apart from that, yeah, that's a good idea (so good, i'm incorporating it into my fan novel on worldofmi.com, not that i'm advertising or anything :D).

okay, so now Largo has to leave the island, but then how does he get all of his information about guybrush. remember, he keeps telling lechuck about every thinm gubyrsuh gets the map pieces. he must have a spy, a leak. A leak being of course the VL!

and also, how do we know that the VL is phsycic at all, all she does is tell guybrush what's going to happen and it always ends up with guybrush being in the clutches of lechuck and in mortal danger. she's not telling the future, she's teling guybrush all these thing so he thinks there's no way out of it as it is his fate, and so goes on terrible journeys only to be found and captured by lechuck. it all makes sense.

wow, this is becoming just plain creepy. but, then again, all things have a certain level of creepiness to them.

the vl has to be a spy, then! what other explanation is there? she seems to know everything you do, she must be spying on you, she tells largo this stuff, and he tells lechuck. it all makes perfect sense! mwahahahahaha!

i'm telling you, she has split personality disorder.

COMI, how does dinghy dog find out he's on Blood Island? It's the voodoo lady that told him to go there, how does she know about the ring, lechuck was the one who stole it. why does she think your going to die on blood island, because she hopes lechuck will kill him there (oh i don't care that he pretends to die and all that). :D

yes... yes... yes...

i am totally convinced now that the vl is a devious little freak that has been hired by lechuck, because, you know, there's just no way he can figure these things out without a spy. and since she's "psychic" and all...

:D :D :D

no, but seriously, it'd be creepy if this was all true...(dramatic soap opera tune plays)

plus she has all the voodoo knowhow and such, so she can tell lechuck what to do and stuff, i mean who else could come up with the idea to build a theme park atop the giant monkey head to make lechucks army. and whoelse would know about the ultimate insult. and whoelse would know how to ressurect lechuck in MI2. all of this makes sense now. lechuck is merley Darth Vader whilst the voodoo lady is The Evil Emperor Sidius.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, except for one thing. In EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Voodoo Lady's encounters so far, SHE HAS BEEN SITTING DOWN*. Heck, if I could move wherever I wanted without having to actually physically move myself, I'd probably spend most of my life on my butt as well :D. At the moment, we've no evidence of the Voodoo Lady being able to change shape.

So, our Mysterious Voodoo Priest Guy is entirely the wrong size and shape to be the Voodoo Lady, plus, he's standing up.

Besides, Guybrush and Lechuck aren't the only pirates in the Tri-Island area - why should The Voodoo Lady be the only Voodoo practitioner?

As for the Voodoo supplies, thats what the House Of Mojo does. Sell Voodoo Supplies, and as to the question of why the Voodoo Lady claimed that she destroyed Lechuck... Well, the forces of darkness (i.e. Largo and M.V.P.G.) would come snooping around HER for any surviving bits of Lechuck, rather than Guybrush. In a sense, she could have been protecting him, both from them, and his own stupidity (see what happened when Largo and Guybrush finally met? That stupidity ;)

In all probablity, I think we're looking at an entirely seperate character, but whomever they are, it rather suggests that he may be the mastermind behind all Lechucks incarnations.

Of course, the real question is... whatever happened to the Men Of Low Moral Fiber after Monkey Island II?

*Actually it's been a while since I played E.M.I. I'll have to check that one ;)

Archived