Home

Pray for...the forums

Benny

The Mojo forums are dead, alright not quite dead but dying. We're definitely talking 'call in the priest' time here.

What's gone wrong?

Are we all, as Scabb suggests, jaded old cynics who'd rather play an extended directors cut of stupid invaders than post in another 'favourite adventure game' thread? Is it that there's no-one left and this thread will be read by about 4 people? Or is it that we've simply run out of stuff to talk about?

Either way we need some sort of recovery plan. Here's mine, we all post lots of interesting threads, have intelligent witty conversation throughout them and oh look a flying pig.

How about, over the next week each of us (ie all 10 or so of us) attempts to start a new thread, relevant or not. To hell with spam and irrelevance, its far preferable to the current inactivity.

Even better this thread can count as my piece of irrelevant junk, thereby freeing me from having to follow my own daft idea, hoorah!

Go find things on the interent! Post links to them. On the forums. Here. Discuss other things, such as films. Or books. Or articles. Politics. Television. Non-adventure games. etc.

For instance,

"Look at all the crappy Monkey Island parodies on Newgrounds"

"10 reasons why I hate Medal of Honour"

"Which celebrity would you most like to deep fry?"

"Wow, I saw the fifth element last night, what a sucky film that is"

etc.

Well, really these Mojo forums should be for general LucasArts, not Monkey Island. So I don't think that's the problem.

The thing is, if people take a look at this place and find that there's no new posts, they're hardly going to be encouraged to post something.

Conclusion: go post stuff!! Go go go!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Spaff

we could build messages of mass destruction and use them to take over the other forums?

Believe me when I say they don't go in for this kinda thing around here... especially those Galactic Battleground guys....

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, the AdventureDeveloper forums were never truly alive :)

There seem to be a lot of forums that aren't posted in too much nowadys, such as the Indy forums, the Grim Fandango forums, the Sam and Max forums..

Still, there's more movies and games for all of those forums to post about, except for the Grim Fandango Network, which has been injected with slow acting sproutella, and has no liquid nitrogen. Irony isn't always fun.

Archived