Home

The Wheelie Bin thread

scabb

Mine is Green. There's another one behind it for plants and bits of tree, but we don't talk about that one:

[align=center]wheeliebin.jpg[/align]

But wait a minute! Upon closer inspection:

[align=center]schafer2.jpg[/align]

Post a picture of your wheelie bin! Or face the consequences! :)

Originally posted by scabb

Mine's a Tuesday job. I think I'll skip college and try and get some photos of the bin men instead.

Dude!!!! Ours is Tuesdays too!! We're soulmates!!!!!!! Let's get married!

Our bin men are a lazy bunch. If you don't leave your bin close enough to the road for their satisfaction, or commit any other heinous crime against binmen, they stick this big yellow notice to your bin to let you (and everyone else) know. Then random people can come past your house and shout "PAVEMENT BIN LEAVER!!!!!!" at you. That'll make you damn well learn that the pavement is no place for a bin, the curb is the one true spot.

This, truly, is the best thread ever.

Originally posted by murta

Wow, you live in Wakey, I know a fair few people up there, most of them in bands though

I know friendly with quite a few band members. This stinkin' town is filled with those no-good punks and their loud and irritating music. Name some bands! And I can deny all knowledge of them, hence keeping the gap between real life and internet forums CLOSED.

Now lets subdue and pummel RemiO for being different.

They clean out ours at like 8 o clock on Fridays.

hey dude murta, that's a handy spot, open the thing up and you can just throw stuff outta window without actually making a whole mess :)

Huz, there's a similar rule here.. They just don't empty it if you don't put it on the RIGHT side of this tree. It's really silly, but I guess they've got a point...somehow.

None of you can beat Prestons bin scheme. I'll take photos of each different bin as and when I can.

Basically, we have a black wheely bin and a brown wheely bin. Recycleable waste like banana skins and grass go in the brown one, and non-recycleable stuff goes in the black one. As a result of this, each bin is only collected fortnightly. To make it better, there is also a blue box in which you have to put cans, glasses and paper, which is collected every week. Its so much fun having to consult a chart to see which bin you have to use.

Originally posted by scabb

I know friendly with quite a few band members. This stinkin' town is filled with those no-good punks and their loud and irritating music. Name some bands! And I can deny all knowledge of them, hence keeping the gap between real life and internet forums CLOSED.

Now lets subdue and pummel RemiO for being different.

how about Milk2Sugars, Wakefield's premier ska-punk crew?

Originally posted by QueZTone

hey dude murta, that's a handy spot, open the thing up and you can just throw stuff outta window without actually making a whole mess :)

Yep, I need a big reaching stick to open the lid. I do throw my corpses into the garden thow, to fertilise the lawn

Originally posted by LucasTones

None of you can beat Prestons bin scheme. I'll take photos of each different bin as and when I can.

Basically, we have a black wheely bin and a brown wheely bin. Recycleable waste like banana skins and grass go in the brown one, and non-recycleable stuff goes in the black one. As a result of this, each bin is only collected fortnightly. To make it better, there is also a blue box in which you have to put cans, glasses and paper, which is collected every week. Its so much fun having to consult a chart to see which bin you have to use.

Hee, same for us, except without the blue bin. Which I would have really liked too. Oh, and Murta, I know not of that band. I know one of these losers, and a few others, of which the band of names I cannot with the recall of the.

Edit: Battle of the Bands - 6th March at Outwood Grange College Wakefield. <- Woo, that's where I'm educated and stuff. I can't wait. Seriously. You're all interested in this, aren't you. Because I'm not. I should shut up now, before I go insane, possibly grabbing an Armalite AR-180 carbine gas operated semiautomatic, and stalking from office to office pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers.

Our normal bins don't have wheelies. So there you go you feeblish men _pulling_ your bins to the 'right' spot. It's heavy labor for me. The organic waste however is in a lame brown wheely bin, much like scabb's not so famous one.

I like the hot summer days when some people who don't have a shady place for the brown bins leave them in the sun. Preferably stuffed so full that the lid won't close. Use your imagination... think of flies, think of stench, then double it, then thrice it.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is looking a bit sad, unappreciated and undernourished. Here's my contribution.

bonappetitbin.jpg

As you can see, this is a fine specimin of a bin. But wait! All is not as it seems!

binfromabove.jpg

What's this? "Schaefer Ltd" as opposed to scabb's "Schafer"? Is he forming some kind of protection against those who can't be bothered to learn how to spell his name?

Of course, the big conspiracy is how the other two bins in this thread manage to keep themselves so clean.

That is weird, this topic must be explored further. The sad thing is, I'm fully intent on doing this.

As to the mystery of how my bin stays clean, well, it rains a lot where we live. You can see where the puddles are ruining our lovely driveway.

Excellent coat of arms, Huzster.

Archived