Home

Adventure Game Themes

scabb

Comadey horror (Maniac Mansion)

Alien existancen (Zak Mckracken & The Dig)

Quests for Mysticle artifacts (Indiana Jones)

Magic and music together (Loom)

The pirate age (Monkey isalnd)

Halarious cross-country travel (Sam and Max)

Life on the road with bikers (Full Throttle)

Days in the Afterlife when your God and Satan (Afterlife)

How to get to Heavan and what it's lke being dead (Grim Fandango)

Space and crap (Star Wars & RTX Red Rock)

Might and Magic (Gladius)

Some kind of game sponsored by Fanta would be good. The main character has to retrieve that Fanta cans full of Fanta from the Fanta king, or else they will not be fully refreshed by the delicious taste of Fanta.

Man… I’ve been drinking too much Fanta recently. From now on I’m sticking with water.

That gives me the idea of the water game... you'd have to swim a lot in this game... or at least wade your way through the (mostly watered) levels. Collecting 100 plastic bottles of water gives you the bonus bottle. With it you can either buy 50 more plastic water bottles or play the game of water. Spinning the weel of liquid you could win bottles of water reaching from 1 to 10 litres. If you reach the amount of 33 litres you are given the choice between gate 1, 2, 3 or the box of plastic bottles, from which you would have to pick one bottle. From those 10 bottles one contains water, and if you get that one, you will win a trip to the water park... ah, does anybody know when it is released? Darn it, I'm getting thirsty now......

• 1 month later...

As for me, I've never especially cared for RTS games (though I did get addicted to Age of Mythology and all of the Warcrafts until I beat them) and I don't find that I have time to get properly involved in an RPG to enjoy it. My gaming is a delicate balance of midlessly blowing things up in Quake and UT2003 (hell, even Jedi Outcast with the proper force powers...) and beating my brains out with adventure games. At the moment, I'm awaiting Syberia 2, The Longest Journey 2, Sam & Max 2, and Half-Life 2 all with equal anticipation. (wow, lotsa sequels coming up...)

Adventures have always been my favorite mostly because the first time I played anything other than solitare on a computer was the really old, confusing as hell (at least to a 5 year old) adventure game: "HUGO'S HOUSE OF HORRORS" It's mostly out of a nostalgic value and lack of anything better to do that I keep on playing all of these things.

Grease would be good - you have to get in Grease Lightning and run over all the cast before they finish singing one of the songs. If you kill them before Summer Nights has finished you get a bonus level where you can put Frenchy on a guillotine.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by scabb

Bleh. There are billions of possibilites, Vikings, Romans, Witchcraft, Australians, Robots, Biblical people. [/i]?

Australians, wtf? is there some universal joke about us that everyone knows but us?

anyways i have the firm believe that the addition of cowboys or pirates will make anything good, i was thinkin a Western would be cool, if anyone had played DUST: A tale of the wired west, by cyberflix youll know cowboys have potential.

also a Mafia title , set in the 1930's would be cool.

or a Cruise ship captain or passenger??

anyone played TITANIC by cyberflix??

what about Bums?

bums have great potential, a game about the raise of a bum to the top would be great. You could start off as a bum on the street and find your way to being a wealthy business man, or something?

V I T A L

Archived