Home

I am becoming a better guitarist

Doubleplus GC

My calluses don't even peel off anymore. I can play the whole first half of You And Whose Army? right up until the really sweet part, but that's all piano anyway. I even figured out the second half of the intro to Schizm on the bass, and then today I figured it out on the piano. And I've gotten pretty good at this whole fingerpicking thing for playing Street Spirit. And of course I can still play Californication all the way through pretty damn well even though I don't like most of the rest of that album anymore nor the most of the band's newer material.

Oh ho ho, let's not be getting ahead of ourselves here. How much fingerfuckingpicking can you do, henh? Can you play with a thumbpick? I'm no Buckethead (hell, if there were a scale from Buckethead to One Of The Guys From Blink 182, I would probably be on the Blink side, but so would every guitarist in the world otehr than Buckethead), but goddamn, man, you're not fucking Buckethead neither! So don't toot yer horn without a reed, man!

Not without a reed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wrote this little diddy on the guitar recently. It sounds pretty nice. It's in A-minor, meaning no sharps and no flats, so to make up for it's tonal simplicity I put it in 7/8 so that it sounds all complicated.

I'd play it for you but you wouldn't hear it.

Archived