Home

Name Droids

GreekJedi

Do u know if u pick the droids name?

Say you were luke skywalker making droids ( i know. no one can be him but i'm just using him as an example.)

Ok so u make droids and u name them LS's=Luke Skywalker

So your first droids can be called LS-001 like R2-D2 letters and #'s. see what i mean?

so when u buy a droids and your friend ask you what kinda droid it is you'll say "ooo this is a LS model" "ooo LS. yeah i heard those are good cuz Luke Skywalker is really skilled in making droids. I got the cheap BB model (Big Bob haha i dont know i'm just throwing names out there) "Yeah bob's not as skilled, but he's learning. besides his are cheaper since they're not as well built as your LS model"

see what i mean guys. do they have anything like this where when u make the droid u give it a name? or model #?

That would be kinda cool, but I do think there will be like a giudeline or sumthing to follow while making a droid. Besides, you can only build what they let you in the game.

I can see it now, some one makes a 3P0 like droid, and calls it Annoying Droid 3000....

This is a good topic. It's one of the things that I'm most excited about.

The devs have stated time and time again that player crafted items will be a significant part of the game, and that the uniqueness of the people who make them will add to the uniqueness of the weapon...

I think that I read somewhere that while you can't go as far as to actually upload an image file to stamp onto your items, you WILL have the ability to leave your mark. Whether this is lettering, icons, or maybe a little text blurb that's permanently attached to the item in it's description, I know that there's some effort being put into crafter identity.

on a sorta related note... Q-3P0 mentioned that it is possible to make your own unique signs for your own businesses (actually he just mentioned cantinas, but I'm willing to bet that it covers any kind of business).

.... I'm a graphic designer, so naturally I'm worried about things like this!!! :)

Actually, he did indeed mention that stores would have the ability to hang up personalized signs. He wasn't sure about the cantinas, but was willing to bet it would be possible.

And speaking of cantinas, the one able to put up the best show, is where I'm taking my money to. :D

About the droid naming mechanics I don't really know, but seeing you will be able to name a resource found as a miner, if you are the first one to discover it, I'm pretty sure you can name the designs you make yourself. :)

which is.....

DUN DUN DUN

SWEDIOTS CANTINA

where all your dreams come true

you want ale well we will give you ale happy hours at 9pm fridays new zealand time on the starstrider servers

you want music well we have usic and dancers too :thumbsup:

and yes we have BAR FIGHTS!!!!!

so come to swediots cantina were all your needs will be met

note * if your an ******* or your acting like an idiot you will be laughed at and then shot in the place where you dont really want to be shot

thank you come again

well i dont know... but like some of them said... you can put a sort of siganture on them.. so who knows :p

lets keep hoping.

and yes i agree with Swediot=)... we should all go there for a drink. first round is on the Associates :) (this means out of Swediot=)'s own pocket :p)

well if we can put a icon on our droids or shops then i hope no one else can use that same icon. Like in earth and beyond u can put an icon on your ship. u get a list of like 20, 30 icons. so at some point someone picks a icon someone else has.

Originally posted by GreekJedi

ok this is spamming but i just need one more reply to buy a glow around my name. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You bastard! You'll go to hell! You'll go to hell, and you'll die!

Heh, by now, I'm a regular at swediot's bar. Best place around.. well, a good place... well, not THAT bad... and...

The beer is cheap! Yay!

Well... we've been talking about trollers and spammers a bit, but really, we have had no real attack. Until today. So witness and be disgusted, this is the true face of spamming. Now you know why we might be a bit strict about these things, we don't want anyone to turn into this... creature. Well, nothing to do but wait until a mod logs on, bans this fellow, and erase the threads and posts.

*pulls out a chair*

*pour some lemonade in a glass*

*starts waiting*

Hahaha, let's just tell our unknowing audience that there was a spammer here today, who created some 30 threads and spammed the whole place down. So no, me and GreekJedi are not mortal enemies, even if it looks that way. Right? Right, GreekJedi? Is that a spiked mace in your hand, or are you just happy to see me? :D

yea, those sad sad lil trolls. We should pity them. in order for them to do that in the first place, they would have to have no life, no friends, and a heck of a lot of time. He created 30 threads. That's like half an hour. oh screw it, I think we should hunt down the trolls and brn them. burn them to ***Inappropriate Language*** :D

Archived