Home

Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Azymn

KaiaSowapit - I made bots Pure Jedi/Gunners based on if they had custom hilts in the file, assuming a bot with a custom hilt was a ligthsaber pro. :)

Sorry to contradict you, but that hasn't been my experience. For example...

{
name		"Darth_Tyranus"
model		gl_dooku
color1		0
tck_doublesaber	0
personality	/botfiles/gl_dooku.jkb
hilt		"dooku"
}

{
name		"Maul"
model		Maul
color1		0
tck_doublesaber	1
personality	/botfiles/Maul.jkb
hilt		"maul"
}

In this case Maul starts as a pure Jedi, however Dooku remains a hybrid.

Custom hilts don't seem to matter, only the tck_doublesaber setting. If I give Darth_Tyranus either a double edge saber or two sabers, the bot instantly becomes a pure Jedi.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About SFX2 I like the effects (hermal, sabers and lightning) but specially I like the absorbing animation (kinda yoda ep2) and the restriction to the power is good too.

KaiaSowapit: if you still need SFX2 on .pk3 just tell me how I can send it (I got only msn), the file is 1.14mb without zipping.

ForceMod, SFX and Movie Battles are (IMO) the best mods out there (if you mix'em that would be great) ForceMod toys, SFX effects and the defence sistem of MB (maybe togeable(?))

and I really don't care if its on ForceMod 999.9, just if comes out would be cool.

Originally posted by Azymn

It certainly is a pretty slick mod.

It would be more of a permanent change, unlike many things about ForceMod.

How does everyone else like the effects?

Well, I'm going to have to say...please don't mix SFX2 with ForceMod 2. (Uh, oh. I can see people with clubs coming after me ;):D ).

For starters, the best mods, in my opinion, are the ones that are customizable (like JediMod and ForceMod). Everybody, I'm sure, knows what its like to have a good mod that you just can't play because it has one or two features that you find to be annoying.

Secondly, (and no offence intended to the maker of SFX2 - because SFX2, indeed, has some good features) there are many parts of SFX2 that I do not agree with.

For example, the thermal detonators. They are, as mariners2001 pointed out, very much like the ones in TPM game (they have a large and powerful blast radius), although I think the ones in SFX2 are a bit more powerful. One thing that should be made clear is that TPM and JKII are two very different games. It's cool to wipe out a room full of npc battle droids that clearly out number you. But in a mp first person shooter against real people (or bots that try to imitate real people ;)), its not that cool of a thing. To illustrate how destructive the thermal detonators are I threw one on a timer in the ffa_deathstar map that came to rest by the wall in the hanger with the force field. I then positioned myself on the opposing wall having 100 health and 30 shields. When the blast reached me, I was killed instantly!!! With such a powerful blast, maps with thermal detonators would quickly become "let's race to the pack of thermal detonators and then run to a large room and kill everyone in it." These type of thermal detonators would be spammed constantly, which is probably the reason Lucasarts in JKI and Raven in JKII decided not give the thermal detonators this kind of radius.

My brother, who doesn't visit these boards, has tried SFX2 and is anticipating the release of ForceMod 2. He feels exactly the same way I do.

So, I guess this is the other side of the issue.

Of course, its all up to you Azymn. Its not a easy decision. :(

Padawan_7

Very good points Padawan_7. While I do enjoy sfx2 for the realistic effects, I believe Forcemod 2.0 should just stick with what it has right now. Most importantly, AJL should be immediately contacted (if not already contacted) about the use of his ideas in Forcemod 2.0. Clear that up and i'll be content :)

I just wanted to know is there an oficial site where we can check up on all the updates made and the bugs you've fixed, one where we will also be able to download it from after you are finished. I love this mod, it's great my friend came and played it and wanted to download it for his game straight away!

:bdroid2:

Yeah just another idea, seeing as you got SFX, try it out in single player. See how the sabers stuck to his foot? well If you turn it off it actually looks okay down there, maybe you could change the way sabers work so when deactivated they attach themselves to somewhere else, so it looks holstered, just a thought, and as always: GREAT MOD!

AOTJ_Craig:

1. The newest menus should fix that unsaved cvar stuff.

2. Thanks, Drain blocking was messed up. It should be fixed now.

3. Desann does what?

And what about the 4slot bot problem?

Also...i'll take a look at the dualguns thing.

You know that click sound you get when you switch between weapons? when I was playing and I got near Desann, I could hear that sound repeatedly as if he was switching between two guns fast.

The most recently available beta is still release 2.

The final beta release will be coming in the next few weeks, pending a few bugfixes and the addition of admin commands.

If I die in the next few weeks I will have carved on my gravestone

"All he wanted to do was beta test forcemod2 and his life would have meaning"

you can`t blame a guy for trying ! ;)

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

"All he wanted to do was beta test forcemod2 and his life would have meaning"

lol - well, you're on the list rut-wa. So are you you Luke.

If you guys can wait for the next beta, you won't have to deal with the current release's bugs.

Thank-you much friend :) for including me as one of your beta testers for the next run. I was wondering if it were possible to include some of the effects from sfx in this mod (like the way your character appears to be breathing when he stands still) and also the way sabers are held in a neutral position( regardless of stance). There is another mod out there which tools around with these effects, it is called mace's stance mod, it can be found on jk2files.com. Just thought i would mention it :) From what ive seen on your site, this mod is shaping up quite nicely. (Dual blasters!!!!! Holy smokes!!!) Also, i was wondering if for say, the blaster rifle, how would it look if the player held it the way the disruptor is held when your looking through the scope? (Boba-style)

One other thing, on forcemod 1.0 beta, i tried to turn off the ability to block saber throwing and still found saber throws blockable and therrefore bots would be running around without sabers after their was blocked.

Once again, thank you much friend, and i will wait with baited breath until the next beta run :))

I cannot wait for the next insiders beta before the final release. Also, Luke, the Forcemod 1 problem isnt a bug. If you block the saber when facing it directly, it should fall to the ground, but the bot can pull the saber back to his hand, as you can in SP. The only difference is bots do it faster than possible when playing other people (you practically have to wait 15 seconds before itll come back)

I dont know how hard this would be but maybe in the force screen you could have 4 pages instead of two. 1 for light powers 1 for dark powers 1 for the powers dark and light can have and 1 for saber stuff. Then you could have alot more force powers. About the saber one: You could have saber offence and defence and each stance. So the more you put on a stance the better you can use it and if you didn't have any on the stance you couldn't use it. Just some thoughts :)

well I haven't been near my comp for awhile ( there where some reasons)

so today was the first time I could actually betatest forcemod 2.

and as I look trough the thread I see I haven't found any bugs you aren't aware of.

BUT this flamehiteffect really bugs me so I'm gonna do a new one, if its alright with you, Azymn

This may or may not be a ForceMod issue - in all likelihood it's inherent in Tchouky's code - but I felt it's still worth mentioning.

Whenever I play as Yoda (or any scaled player model) I've noticed something strange whenever I decapitate or sever an opponent's body parts. The other player's dismembered limb scales to the same ratio as Yoda. For example, say I hack Desann in half - his upper torso scales down to less than half size, yet the remaining body part retains its expected size.

It doesn't really affect gameplay and isn't that big a deal, but it is a little odd and if it wouldn't take much to do, a fix would be welcome. (I might also add that the Sentry Gun also gets resized when deployed by scaled characters.)

Lastly, I finally got a chance to try the SFX2 mod (the latest release version). I really liked the look of the sabers and the thermal detonators, but I have to agree with everyone concerned about game balance. The thermals' lethality is WAY too high. Heck, I musta killed myself as often as any opponent while using those silly things. Also, I liked the knock down effect of Force Lightning - that's a pretty nice addition. I didn't quite get the various "classes" or whatnot, hehe though I did notice a pretty obvious misspelling in one of them. ;)

Archived