Home

Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Azymn

oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me.

I'll leave the model limit cap off until i hear of further problems.

You should be able to block lightning right now (if i remember which code is in beta 1), but for sure in beta 2 - pure saber users block with their lightsaber.

that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code?

Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it. Even adds hilts/gun models in left hand to the graphic.

will any feature work in single player

Nay, no singleplayer modification available.

BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?

Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities. :)

when can we expect another test run or a public beta?

I'm planning on releasing closed beta 2 this Saturday, if all goes well. The first public release will hopefully be bug-free, so no public betas.

The beta has helped immensely with bug-finding and such.

Thanks again everybody.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, last suggestion for awhile... ;)

Implement an in-game function for servers/admins to designate which clients/bots/skins have access to Merc/Jedi features such as jetpack, dual guns, sabers, and force powers. Also hook it to a cfg file, either a new or existing one (like tckmodel.cfg), to allow off-line editing.

Thus, anal-retentive people like me can control who has access to what, online and offline. :)

Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it.

Argh, it figures. I swear that's one of the silliest things Raven added to the game. Reason enough to use ForceMod alone! :)

Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities.

Woohoo!!!

I was wondering if I could be a beta tester? Before you answer

that, I will tell you how obsessed I am with Forcemod. I love Forcemod 1.0 so much I played only that mod since the day it came out! I haven't even d/l any other mods, because Forcemod is the Ultamate! I have prayed for the day 2.0 would come out, I even tried to make my own V2.0, though it ended in disaster, I would do pretty much anything to even beta test it! So please consider me for a beta tester! Thank you. :saberb::lsduel::dsaber:

My E-mail: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com

:fett: The only problems i had when beta testing were...

my comp crashes

and for some odd reason in nar sharrda streets yoda and boba fett had a everlasting battle on the the bottom of the map(where if u fall their you die)

good work otherwise but was wondering if it it possible if u could make it so u can zoom in on the sniper rifle when wearing the goggles.

Alrighty I got one more suggestion.

I was wondering if it is possible to add more emotes to the game. Kinda like the ones they have in Xmod, Adminmod, and JA mod. Anyways I just thaught it would be cool. Anyways keep up the great work. Mod is looking great.

:fett: One more thing I forgot to mention,

When creating a dedicated server Isearched for the server threw the forcemod filter it only picked up forcemod beta 1 not the current one. My server wasn t on the list, yet i found it because i knew the name of the server to make sure it was a forcemod v2.0 beta and it was. You should check on this Azymn.

I was wondering if in Forcemod 2.0, if you could be a bounty hunter and a jedi at the same time (use force powers and bounty hunter items at the same time)? If you can't you should be able to, for skins that apply to both (like my custom skin, not released to the public) I like being a person that is an ex-jedi, that is now a bounty hunter. If you can't be both please make it possible. Thnaks. Also can you e-mail me the most recient beta, just to see what it's like. Thanks!

My E-mail is: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com

:bounfire::blaze6:

It's possible that Azymn will include a cvar for this but it is rather unlikely. Merc equipment should be viewed as an alternative to Force powers.

When choosing your model/saber hilt you also choose your class. Jedi or Merc (if the cvar is enabled). So no you can't be both.

Deathride - The Yoda vs Boba battle at the bottom should be fixed, and hopefully your computer won't crash with this next release either. The goggles aren't suppose to work with the scope, that will stay the same. And beta will be able to find other forcemod 2 betas online (though there shouldn't be more than about 40 total).

Bogus - Umm...dunno yet. We'll see after beta 2 has been out for a while.

Azmier - adding more emotes is unlikely, sorry :)

Mace_Windu21 - bliv is right: the mercs are a separate class and will remain as such. Someone else was developing a jedi bounty hunter mod, you'll have more luck there. Oh...and i added you to the list to test beta 2 when you first posted, so keep your pants on. :)

(slips pants back on and does best Yoda laugh...)

um....

oh and by the way, i found the code for f_saberlockmod and f_mercdismember ....what do these do? does saberlock do that sticky thing I talked about earlier? i put it on 2 and i saw a bit of a difference...

bliv's right about f_mercdismember: you have to be using the disruptor and do quite a bit of damage, but you'll shoot through limbs if it's on.

There are a number (probably a dozen or so) of cvars for features i had planned on adding, but have not due to time. f_saberlockmod is one of them.

Deathride, don't feel bad if noone joins. You shouldn't be able to make public servers until you have beta 2 - i added the ability to find other beta2 servers in it.

I'll boost the ammo limit, but lemme know if this skews the balance.

Mace_Windu21 - Didn't you just put 'em back on?

Archived