Home

Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Azymn

The mods works great as far as i can tell, the only problem is, after a while the bots start becoming invulnerable, I think its jstones who use guns. It's happened in massassi temple, bespin streets and nar shaddaa maps and I've got no idea why, everything just hits them and makes the effect as if they were a wall. It's rather annoying as you have to kick every bot when they become invulnerable and also suicide when you do(or you can be gay and keep playin). Tried turing off cangod, command and not surprisingly didnt work. This was in the mercmod mode and maybe normal jediVmerc as well. No other mods installed. Also basically everybot uses sabers and guns or just guns(obviously these guys are mercs). I'd say this is becasue sabers&guns are the basic choices for favourite weapon. If possible could you change this on bots as you find desann carrying around a fletchette, I mean what kinda sith lord needs a gun.

Also force heal is kinda useless now as it takes about 15 seconds to heal up so you cant use it in battle anymore. Takin time i alright but i think it should be an advantage. That is, it takes about a a second to heal, but you only lose mana proportional to what you are healed(so if you heal 5 hp you dont lose half your mana). Lighting is still to good at level four. How about you get rid of invulnerability to other lightning(thats what absorbs for) and make it knock them dpwn or something (emperor got luke to the ground in seconds) lvl 4 push and pull should maybe hold them down longer, instead of just throwing them a few kilometres.

Force speed is much abetter with 2 second timer, mayeb you could multiply the speed factor by 1.5 or so.

Destroying second saber doesnt actually get rid of it, same with guns it just damages the holder. Jetpack worked though and that was good.

Also, with me couldnt move while zoomed in using anyone(including espionage), and everyone gt duel pistopls and blasters(every merc that is),which was kinda annoying.

As far as i can tell, every merc got all the merc powers ( cloaking, flamethrower etc.)

Also, seeing is too good and makes espionage merc basically useless, as their main advantage s sniper movement however lvl 4 seeing means u automatically didge all their attacks.

Just an idea and I dont expect you to do it in this version as its probably difficult, make speed and seeing give u a 10% chance to doge per lvl, i.e lvl 1 on each is 20 %, lvl 2 and 1 is 30% etc.

Or maybe its a 50% chance to dodge 100% if your targeting the attacker(like blocking lightning). Turned on however he'll always dodge(as is the norm).

Also, getting rid of saber throw on dual wielders, and instead making secondary attack swing second saber, could make some cool comboes that way. Plus it's annoying the way if you throw one you cant block with the other. OR you could just make him throw both sabers.

The green special attack is a bit useless unless you have a roof a foot above you as you jump to high to hit with the first spin and it it takes along time so they can get away easily. Mayeb speeding up its animation and drasticaly lowering the height(so he basically spins on hi toes). Same with the purple one(or did you chaneg that, I know with 2 sabers it was ike yellows) lower the jump height so you can make alot more hits.

Finally, could you enable the greens single saber attack( the spinning one) with the twin sabres, its just so much better then yellows special when using two sabers, just look at omnimod.

ALMOST FORGOT, you start with no blaster ammo, meaning your stuck with a disruptor and a stun batton only for a while. Speaking of stun batton, its gay, mercs should use fists, feet and maybe their head. Just to show that melee really is a last resort.

All in all, theres not many bugs I found, just weapons being destroyed not going away and people becoming invulnerable, plus all bots use saber and gun style, if you could chaneg that I reckon it'd be much better, only kyle and luke should use guns AND sabers, everyone else should be one way or the other.

Sorry about rambling so much i just do that, great job by the way, aside form the bugs this is AWESOME! can wait for ti to be fixed up! dont take that offensively

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only had time to test this for 1 hour on the first map but if you put in command prompt f_powerbots 0, rather then 1, 2, or ects. The bots react much more like they are supposed to. They do not become too weak or too strong and merc act like merc and jedi like jedi. I had some excellent fights against jango fett and desann and jango even used his jetpack to rise up on building and shoot at me. Jango used his appropriate merc weapons and desann his sith weapons. At no point did jango use a saber when he respawned. If the setting is set to f_powerbots 1 then he respawns with a saber and does not use jetpack. Please take in mind you must have the game set to merc mod. Good luck to all of you. Any idea when the grapple will be complete, I am really looking foward to test? When will the specialties be finished? (example: espionage's snipemove). Once again thank you for the opportunity to test, and I apologize for not being able to test more, I am in the middle of moving. Great Job Darth_syrup.

Thanks for all the feedback, it's really been a great help.

I felt i should update you guys on what i've been able to do the past few hours:

The following bugs/missing features should be fixed in Beta 2:

- bot invulnerability/loss of ai bug fixed

- f_supermerc can now be properly disabled

- dualguns can now be limited to correct classes

- improved stability of dualgun functions

- cf_singlestances correctly limits to original 3 stances

- a frozen player can't be unfrozen if another player grips them

- womprat does something :)

- Level 4 Lightning and the flamethrower last longer

- jetpack fx now match model position more accurately

- Grapple has the grapple model again

- grapple cord fx improved

- Espionage merc can now move while sniping (f_snipemove cvar has been removed - it was the culprit)

- Second blade color for Tck RGB sabers can now truly be disabled

- couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)

(removing the new *.bot files in the current pk3 will fix this now)

- and a few minor menu fixes

There are a few more things i'm going to try to get working before i send beta 2 out. If you find any other bugs/imbalances, lemme know.

Thanks.

Unfortunately after further testing, even when set to f_powerbots 0, the bots become passive and invunerable after about 3 to 6 kills. But they still appear with there appropriate weapons. Tested on merc mod and 1st map. Even with these annoying bugs the mod is a great pleasure to play.

Alright, here is my first impression/bugs:

Looks great, new grapple is interesting.. Clients being able to enable green/purple themselves is neat.. didn't have the chance to test out much of the other toys.

You may know these, but here are some bugs I found in the first 5 mins:

Players can still throw saber when frozen

Couldn't slap myself

Rename doesn't work right

If you want a more descript bug report on any of those, lmk and I'll get that to you.

Something that would be great for my clan/server would be a sub-admin system, one that doesnt use rcon. Being able to toggle what commands the sub-admins would have would be great.

This may be a sweet adition, it's from the LMS thread

Saber throw is out. In it's place, the right mouse button is now used for Saber Defense. When held down, the Jedi takes on a defensive stance which increases his chances of defending both saber attacks and enemy fire. Also, if held down in the middle of a saber swing, the swing can be brought back to the ready position mid-swing. (i.e. if you spot an attack coming just after you've swung).

That's because saber throw isn't very effective and throw your only weapon/defense is not a very "smart" move.

BTW this mod is looking great, hope the beta is coming well.

sorry if I type something wrong (this is not my primary language :p)

***Just realize I post on the wrong ForceMod thread, please forgive my mistake***

lionknight - that is the single most annoying bug, and i believe it is now fixed.

Master_Payne - i do like the saber defense idea, but saberthrow is quite effective against mercs (maybe too effective). I am open to ideas on improving saber combat, but the changes would not come until a later release (after v 2.0, if there will be such a thing :) ).

The bug fixes sound like the cover every known error so far. I'll keep looking for more though.

The more, the merrier. :)

I should be getting beta 2 out to everyone at the end of the week.

As far as bugs and things I think everyone else has named off everything I have noticed, but I am having a little trouble with the model limit. For some reason it does not wanna take the cap off. Also I have one seggestion. On lvl4 speed, since it does not last that long. Maybe you could make it cost a little less forcepoint wise. Anyways that all I can see that no one else has pointed out. Keep up the good work. The mod is turning out great so far.

Mini Suggestions:

1. Make saber style (stances) bind-able, instead of forcing us to cycle through them

2. Make Force Jump's initial accent really, really fast like the movies (perhaps with the same motion-blur fx as Force Speed)

3. Un-cheat protect cg_thirdpersonrange (okay I know that's my own personal pet project, but it's really really cool - trust me! :))

4. Alter the included tckmodel.cfg so that Yoda's height is more accurate to the movies ("yoda" 0.40 0.34)

On another note... Good news! I found a solution to my anti-aliasing problem - not the most elegant, but a solution nevertheless.

I added two commands of toggleconsole to all my move binds.

Ta da! Low-tech scripting saves the day! :)

Azmier - I'm not sure i'm going to be leaving the model cap fix in...it may be causing unseen problems elsewhere (like limiting the # of maps that can load). It will require more extensive testing before it can be decidedly released.

I'll knock a few points off of ForceSpeed costs for beta 2 and see what everyone thinks.

1. Make saber style (stances) bind-able, instead of forcing us to cycle through them

Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

2. Make Force Jump's initial accent really, really fast like the movies (perhaps with the same motion-blur fx as Force Speed)

I'll look into it.

3. Un-cheat protect cg_thirdpersonrange (okay I know that's my own personal pet project, but it's really really cool - trust me! )

I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.

4. Alter the included tckmodel.cfg so that Yoda's height is more accurate to the movies ("yoda" 0.40 0.34)

Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height :)

Whats with all the saber colours? I cant stand desann with that purple and tavion with the aqua-thing! And why's he got double bladed saber!? Maul doesnt even have the "remove line fr normal saber crap" why the hell does some retarded dinosaur? Again, reborn with green shadow trooper with aqua-turquoise ****! Sith's should have red's oranges etc, jedi have the green's and purple's! Sorry about that i just get really, really worked up by small things.

Awesome mod though and i reckonm that idea for Saber defence replacing throw is really good! It just makes sense! What kinda tool throws his defense at the enemy? How many cops tak off there kevlar and throw it? Because its the same thing, well more or less anyway.

Quick idea, how about you make it so you can ONLY use your favourite weapon(double, dual or single), or to be a little less cruel animations are slowed down when using something other than it. So your favourite gets an added bonus of damage AND speed.

Finally the exmoves mod i got rules! Looks cool when Jedi are doin cartwheels and flips, unfotunately mercs look like tools. IF you could some how get it so mercs do normal rolls where as Jedi do flips it would be great. By the way it also changes idle stances to look cooler.

Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well you don't have to remove the ability to cycle, just add the option of being able to bind a stance. No one would have to assign them to a bind if they didn't want to. Personally I only use a couple stances (sometimes just one), so it's a real pain to have to cycle through them just to get to my favorites.

I'll look into it.

I don't know if or how it would affect gameplay, but for coolness factor alone... wow, you know it would look cool! :)

I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.

It does increase your range of vision, but somewhat at the expense of accuracy. Is it still an advantage if everyone can do it? I guess I'm fond of a more distant setting because it's the closest thing to giving the player periphial vision - it also gives the game a more "cinematic" feel. Just like timescale, IMHO it seems like a lil bit of overkill to have to resort to devmap in order to alter this. I mean it's not like evoking "god" mode. :p

Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height

Hehee, I suppose you're right! He is a heck of a lil bugger to hit even at 0.55. :) (Although the bots still somehow seem to manage quite well.) Usually live opponents will either change into a Yoda skin themselves or ask you to switch to a larger model. (BTW, on most servers I've been to, somehow Jawas are even smaller... go figure?!) I guess I'm a lil hung up on continuity - it bugs me to see people jetpacking who aren't using Fett skins too.

Littleman206, I don't think Azymn is responsible for the color choices in the config - I think they were set up long ago by the maker of JediMod or perhaps even Tchouky himself. Either way, it just takes a little editing in your favorite text editor to fix (private message me if you need any help).

I gotta agree with you and Master_Payne though... I always thought Saber Throw was kinda a cheap move. It's especially a pain when sabers keep getting stuck in mid-air. Rather silly I think.

Well I have a boat load more of ideas (some of them are even good too :p), but I'm trying to hold back a lil before overwhelming Syrup. :)

Keep up the great work! This mod is shaping up to be the very best ever!

And thanks again for the opportunity to beta test! You're the bomb!

Yeah i know i can edit the sabre colours and such, but as far as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different. And yeah i know that he didnt set it but considering how easy it is to change, why not change it? FYI I'm pretty sure its been like that since jedimod v1.1.

and yeah sorry about putting all these ideas in this thread, just I tend to ramble on alot.

By the way this mod is AWESOME and i reckon your idea to add in two more powers ROCKS! Great work again and thank you for getting me back into this game!, p.s may aswell have it come with ep2 weapons just so we get jango usin his OWN guns:D sorry rambling again.

as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different.

I've changed it and I've never had a problem playing online. :)

I think it's only an issue with "pure" servers anyways, which in my experience are pretty rare when it comes to anything but vanilla JK2. But your mileage may vary. Try it and see what happens - just keep a backup.

BTW (as you prolly already know) the ep2 weapons are already available as a mod (and work just fine with ForceMod). I'd rather Azymn didn't include them, if for no other reason just to keep the download size reasonable. OmniMod does this with about a zillion useless hilt models and bulks up the file with +6mb of cr@p. That's a major pain if you ask me - especially if you already have all those mods in the first place.

I said I wouldn't do this, but just to stay on topic... ;)

More suggestions (okay, these are some big ones):

Jedi/Sith...

1. Force Heal

a. allow it for both sides, light & dark

b. make it a passive power, slowly regenerating health over time (rate determined by cvar) - does not drain Force points

c. make it also an active power - allow players to evoke it to immediately raise health by 50% or more, but at the expense of nearly their entire Force Meter (75%) - this could double for (replace) Team Heal as well

2. Force Grip (choke), Drain, Lightning, Speed, Saber Throw, Push, & Pull

a. limit effective range/duration (determined by cvar)

b. make them powerful but grossly expensive in Force points; e.g.: a single Force Push nearly completely drains the Force Meter (75%)

3. Force Jump

a. completely free - does not drain Force points (create cvar to determine maximum jump height)

4. Mind Trick

a. massively drains Force Meter, yet remains effective indefinitely until the player attacks/extends saber

b. the Force Meter does not regenerate while in effect

5. Saber skills

a. limit 2 "styles" or "stances" per type of saber use (single saber, dual saber & double bladed saber - pick the most aesthetically pleasing animation for the type of saber use)

c. define the two "styles" as "defensive" and "offensive"

i. "Defensive" - the quickest, most acrobatic and most effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection - less effective in overt attacking (though still potentially quite lethal)

ii. "Offensive" - extremely lethal - should kill in one or two successful hits, yet slower and less effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection (perhaps only against targets immediately in crosshairs) - also each click of the attack button drains the Force Meter & attacks while in this stance are dependent on having available Force points (amount of drain determined by cvar) - make this bind-able and it could be a real kick @ss replacement for alt-fire

6. Limit class to sabers only and no "power ups" such as health or shields.

7. Find a better animation for Force Sight - maybe the "glow" from Force Boon or Force Enlightenment (that yellow mess is an eyesore) - I'm not very fond of the treatments for Force Protect or Force Absorb either (maybe they could "glow" too or just simply be turned off?)

8. A saber/blaster shot to the noggin should always be fatal - end of story

Whew, almost 5am... geesh time for bed already! :p

oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me. ;)

Somewhat off topic, but that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code? I've been looking for the darn thing in assets and can't find it (thought I'd try to make some cosmetic changes to the Force Powers myself). :)

BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?

LOOKS GREAT

i take it your fed up with testing requests so ill just wait until you release the public beta. unless it is gonne take like 12 days

as for multiplayer. will any feature work in single player like the dual pistols because i see great modding posibilitys. like bounty hunter the jk2 mod. you get to be a merc and hunt people in coruscant and stuff. as well it would just be fun to shoot troopers with dual blaster and fly and stuff.

when can we expect another test run or a public beat?

Archived