Home

Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Azymn

Okay I haven't played the mod long just noticed it in my mailbox, but I have noticed some bugs.

===BUGS===

The ever obvious grappling hook problem. Shoots an XYZ cord and doesn't work until you jump or move forward.

I've only played for a short time and this is all I have noticed so far. Ill report back once I gather more feedback and bugs.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?

You wouldn't just be able to cycle thru new ones, but if you renamed the new ones you could easily swap a new one in for one of the old ones. There will be more to pick from in the final beta.

Deathride - the classes will pretty much stay as is for this release.

Wamprat013 - make sure that the tck_saber cvar is 1 to use tck sabers. I'll change the battery regen rate on higher forceRank levels to try to compensate for the boost the jedi get, but remember that "One with the Force" is more of a cheat as it gives all forcepowers from both sides, stripping all jedi of their class and identity.

Everyone else think the goggles are too dark?

Mace_Windu21 - Keep trying with the rocket launcher. And the regular sabers won't get the thickness treatment because i'd have to do ~18 saberblade reskins (3 for each color), which probably isn't going to happen. :)

...if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? :))

Too true. :)

KaiaSowapit - For now, I'll add more settings for mod_skillmode that boosts the damage taken to each area. The force power idea is good, but is a bit radical. :)

Excellent job on fixing those previous bugs, the most annoying things now in my opinion is the grapple, which I see is headed in the right direction with the new swing effect, and the bots need to be able to use the jetpack better. Is there a setting which makes the bots use the jetpack more often? and is jango the only one scripted to use it? Great job, really enjoying testing.

Well i just played it again and i saw that whenever I died by lightsaber (death by lightsaber lol) i ALWAYS got chopped up and dismemberd but whenever i killed someone else they would die in one piece whats up with that? I was also thinking how Jango Fett is alot like Micheal Sulivan (watch Road To Perdition if you dont know what im talking about) or also known as The Black Angel Of Death i think jango it alot like him cuz he is the baddest badass bounty hunter and he has boba that he treats like his own son so he has a kind side but then again he has a very dark side...anyway i cant attach files on lucasforums (dont know why) so i am posting a pic i made of jango at this address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65519 <

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game.

Just for the sake of knowing, Vader does something similar to the saber throw in ROTJ and Dooku in AOTC actually throws his saber with more of a JKII style.

Dooku's saber throw is hard to see, but it's his saber throw that actually connects with his sail ship right after Yoda jumps on it (near the very end of their duel). I have the widescreen DVD version so I don't know if this is visible in the other versions.

To see it look at the very bottom right of the screen in that particular shot (and zoom in if you have the DVD ;) ). Watching frame by frame you'll see (if I can remember it correctly) that the first part of the saber that enters the screen is Dooku's saber hilt with absolutely no hand gripping it! Then as you progress in the following frames you can see that the saber possesses a similar JKII 'boomerang' type spin as the blade spins around to hit the sail ship. Interesting huh? :D

My brother discovered that one as he watched the fight scenes in slow motion. ;)

Padawan_7, hehee I couldn't resist looking at my DVD also. I thought I knew the shot you were talking about during the duel with Yoda, but I was ready to eat my words. :)

Sorry, on closer inspection, Dooku's hand never leaves his saber - it's there, just very motion-blurred. You've got to watch frame-by-frame on a computer or high-def tv to see it, but it's there. The swiveling or "boomerang" type spin is just his natural style; he does it consistently throughout the fight.

On another note, watch Yoda's eyes - you can see Dooku's reflection in them. Very cool stuff!

Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept? Hehee. :)

(I'm not married to the idea, just curious.)

OK, just tried some more, got some more bugs.

1. Messed with the grapple for a bit, I found this weird error at the top of the screen when trying to walk or something when the grapple anchors.

what.jpg

2. Body is in weird position after releasing grapple, and walks that way for a few seconds before resuming normal posture.

grappleissue.jpg

3. Desann has a tendancy for throwing his purple doubleblade at me, but it freezes in the air after he throws it, not to mention Desann constantly has one of those floating drones around his head.

sabererror.jpg

4. When using the Ep2Weapons mod that came with Omnimod2 (ugh), the Sniper rifle didnt seem to cloak fully when using it along with Cloaking on the Mercs.

cloakissue.jpg

That's all for now. Btw, pics from my last report are gone now because I had to take them off my family server so i could have space for these pics.

The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me? Is there a different setting in the console for the bots to use the jetpack. I tried the menu option and I still can't get them to use the jetpack like in beta 1.

Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept?

The fans man, the fans. :)

AOTJ_Craig - Thanks for the pics...they help. I'll get workin on those.

The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me?

I took out the botfiles that made all the bots mercs b/c they were causing crashes on a few people's systems. So only Jango Fett and Han Solo mercbots remain...you could add the other botfiles back in and see if it fixes what you're dealing with. Also, you should be able to just give a jetpack to all the mercbots thru the menus. Lemme know if this doesn't work.

Your welcome for the pics, Azymn, I'll see if I can find some more bugs, I'll continue posting pictures, but you might want to save them onto ur HD if you need them, because when i get a new batch of pictures they're going to be deleted from my server.

Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want?

Jetpack menu or cf_jetpacktype cvar.

BTW - If any of you find ANY problems (misspellings/not working/looks funny) with the menus lemme know, because they're the final version now.

I had to completly remove all the old mod files, I had removed all the old files in Jedioutcast/gamedata, but there are still some left in base folder (This will really screw up your day!). I removed those to and I reinstalled beta 2 and jango is kicking much ass with the jetpack now. I am going to test giving bobba fett a jetpack in the script to see what happens? This mod really blows all other mods out, the merc options give this game such a great depth. Darth_syrup do you think that the grapple will be able to be fixed? I see what you are trying to do with it, if it would function without bugs it would be a great addition. Is there any one running a server for beta 2? I don't know if it is a bug but I sometimes have a problem joining a game when the bots are already in place. It tells me I cannot switch teams within 5 seconds and it does not let me join, I have to kick the bots of and then restart and then add the bots again. I don't know if it has something to do with changeing from jedi to merc within the same game? Thanks

I must say, after trying it out it is by far the best mod EVER for jk2

Having said that, there are a few MINOR details:

1) i cant seem to get the dual blasters to come up ( i havent tried the cvar yet so that may be it) but I was the right class

2) some teeny animation issues. the dual pistols are frozen (im guessing that cant be fixed) and while holding them in 3rd Person his arms look funny

3) my Merc menu has no descrtiptions it gives me ??? under all the icons (is it supposed to do that?)

4) MINOR MINOR detail: the flamethrower sounds funny

other that that I really am impressed

GOOD work. :p

hi!

im still testing the beta and i found some things like following:

- it happens again! i was wielding dual blasters, jetpack was on (no airborn, just stand in floor whit jetpack activated).

My battery was half filled, and recovering power. Then I activate the ammo charger (ammo level was in middle) -near 140

i think- and this ammo level begins to increase, but battery, instead to reduce its charge, just stopped its regeneration.

This is great for me!! but i think doesnt must work like that. am i wrong? hehe, whatever, when the ammo chargeing ends,

battery begins to recharge itself again normally, but never, NEVER reduced its charge. An important thing: in a beginning,

this happens only in certain cases, and it seems to be randomly (Exist this word?) But now it happens ALWAYS. i dont have

any other mods, (just models like jango boba and others) "jedi vs merc = mercmod", "supermerc= 1"

"forceregenerate= 1" under these settings happens in first time, but i tested it in different sets and it still happens.

Maybe i have a problem with cvars, i dont know. Reply if someone have this bug. I repeat this bug is great for me...

- i got to tell the grappleig hook is still missing... i read some people was using it, but i got still the XYZ coord of the

previous beta, and the cord line is like a trip mine sensor ray... is necesary to activate it in some way? this is what i

mean when i asked how to use it. Understand now? Im afraid im not an excelent english speaker or writter u know.

- i made tests in a pentium 3 600mh w/voodoo3 16mb 128ram; and a pentium 3 700mh w/tnt2 32mb

- and, hehe... i know this is not the topic but... someone knows if is possible to fix the visual annoyance in jk2 using

voodoo3 videocard?

bye

:deathii:

I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism".

Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

edit. and forgot to mention... saberthrow may be disabled if U R the server or an admin, just the same of disabling any specific force power (i.e. lightning) or was that in omnimod? if not maybe add a feature to turn sabertrhow on and off, cause yes, even without mods is too effective (can imagine if cannot be bloqued)

In this way if people gets upset for dont having saberthrow will be "fault" of the server and not the mod itself.

lionknight - the only files that would conflict are the files in base from some other mod. Other files in gamedata are fine as long as they are in their own mod folder.

And i sure hope i can fix the grapple. :)

I'll check out the join server with bots bug.

Bogus - 1) - Check the menus for the dualgun settings and then if you're a heavy soldier and you have dualguns bound to the right key, it should work.

2) - I don't have a lot of room to work with no new animations. :) But if they're not pointing forward or they don't transition smoothly somewhere, lemme know.

3) - Do you have assets_forceMod.pk3 in your \base directory?

4) - If you have another sound file, i'll check it out. :)

Darth Pablix - lookin into that stuff, as in the email i sent you.

Master_Payne - Good point on saberThrow. But the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.

Yea i was looking for a jetpack menu but i couldnt find one anywhere all there is is the TCK saber thing and under controls there is a forcemod control menu but its not there either i cant find it please help! Where is the jetpack menu at? Thanx for the help sofar and i think its going very well.

it was a little hard to find it was under the Rules menu but i did find it and i dont like the tri thrusts i think it looks weird cuz there are only 2 emiters (think i spelt that right) on all the jetpack models there are isnt a third or just one letalone so i am sticking with the 2 thrusts. But can someone make a mando model that you can pick how many emiters you want? Cuz even if someone makes one with 3 then there will be the other 2 emty if you want 1 thrust so a model with 1 2 or 3 would be cool

I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism". Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

...the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.

Yup! :)

"Realism" is much more (ideally) than just increasing the overall damage a saber or blaster can do. It's the difference between getting shot in the foot and shot in the face. "Realistically" getting shot in the foot shouldn't kill you - getting shot in the face however... well you do the math. :)

And speaking of getting shot in the foot... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think one really cool realism feature of that other mod (*cough, cough*) is that if you get shot in the leg, you fall down for a brief moment (similar to losing a saber lock). More than just eye candy, it can completely turn around a battle. Fun stuff. :) Would be a great addition to damaged weapons/jetpack. Hope you're considering adding a similiar feature Syrup.

Regardless, this mod is rocking... keep up the great work! :)

P.S. I just remembered a form of "laming" you might want to take into consideration too. Currently, players can kick while under Mind Trick without becoming visible. This can be very abused. Perhaps you could adjust this?

hi guys

-Syrup, all right with the flamethrower, in fact is one of the most beautiful graphic effects in

the game, very nice graphically. And I think its sound is right, not wonderful, but right.

In some cases, the flamethrower do thesame sound as the lightning do. Usually when battery

is very very low.

-I thing the grapple must be launched from right arm, maybe u can use the animation of saberthrow.

-waddaya think bout the ammo regen problem? if nobody mentioned it, maybe the problem is mine.

-idont like when the grapple hits a fixed objective its retracts automatically, draggin the owner

to the hooking point.

-the battery charge now is more adjusted, well done.

-good work with menus. Very clear, accessable, and useful.

c-u

Just messed with it real quick, I noticed a few things, sorry, no pics this time.

1. The options/controls never seem to save themselves when u launch promod, causing me to have to go and fix all the Merc options, etc.

2. Even when set to lightsaber block Lightning and Drain, it blocks Lightning, but not Drain.

3. Desann makes a weird sound, as if switching weapons several times fast, when you get near him.

[Edit: Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but, if I start a game say with 4 slots, and I put 3 bots in the game, only one bot shows up, both bots wont be in the game at the same time, weird eh?]

Archived