Home

Smallville should be made into a MOVIE!

Ok i dont know if any of u watch smallville, but its the best show out there! i love it. Did any of u see yesturdays episode with Chris Reeves? OMG this was THE BEST episode of ANY TV show ever!. serious it was soo good.

I can't believe when they had Chris Reeves on that they were playing the Superman theme music! plus the Fortune of Solitude music from the movie! This episode couldn't of been any better.

Anyways as i said i really love this show, but it really pisses me off to think that WB is trying to make a superman movie now! WHY? why have they waited like 20yrs to make a superman movie and now that smallville is doing so good why can't they wait a few more seasons for the show to end and then make a movie of Clark becoming Superman in Metrapolis!

There is barely a chance for shows to do this. Why are they making a movie using DIFFERENT actors then smallville!?!

It would be like when they made the Star Trek tv show back in the 60's and then when they wanted to make a movie, imagine making a Star Trek movie based on Kirk, spock and the others, but not using the same actors from the show! It would really suck

Why does WB want to cast new actors?! ooo and do u know who WB's # 1 guy is for the lead role as Superman?! Josh Hartnet!!! Who know who this guy is?! he's the skinny stone looking punk from 40 days 40 nights/Pearl Harbor/ and some other shows.

Yeah maybe he could act, but he looks NOTHING like superman. Besides he's a known actor. The role of Superman should be played by an unknown actor.

The whole time i was watching daredevil u know what i was thinking when i saw Dare Devil? No wasn't thinking "hey thats the superhero Daredevil" I was thinking "Hey thats Ben Afken (sp?) trying to play a super hero.

So if Josh Hartnett plays superman everyone is gonna be thinking "hey thats Josh hartnet playing superman"

See when Chris Reeves played superman no one said "hey thats chris reeves playing superman" NOO cuz no one knew Chris Reeves. The makers of Superman the movie didn't go for big name stars they went for someone who first of all LOOK liked superman AND could act.

Hartnet DOESn't Look like superman, but ok he could act, but still he's NOT superman in anyone's eyes.

So back to smallville. This show keeps foreshadowing the future of Clark. the friendship between Clark and Lex is always forshadowing what bad things are coming, but if a movie doesn't follow this show then all this building up will be for nothing.

its like watching a whole football season which leads up to the superbowl, but instead of watching the NFL's superbowl your given the Soccers superbowl (whatever that is called)

Why keep building up the show and keep talking about the future and getting everyone excited about it if we're never gonna see it.

and it wont be the same if different actors and different directors make the movie. cuz this new movie wont even follow smallville. it'll be like smallville never took place.

its so rare to get a chance to make a movie following a great show like smallville. i dont see why WB can't wait a few more years and make such a GREAT movie. Dont they know people would die to see a movie following smallville when the show gets done.

u know the last episode will probly be Clark leaving smallville going for the fortune of solitude in the north pole or where ever it is. we can't be left with a cliff hanger like that.

Sorry for the long post, but come on dont u guys see what i'm talking about. you agree with this?

<Resists urge to post nasty rant>

Must be from a different age group. Superman looks like Christopher Reeves, always will, and that's all there is to it.

And this is the part where I mention I think anything after the first coupla movies sucked; including the other movies, and the recent attempts to make Superman supercool again by giving his costume to someone who matches today's idea of cute.

Of course, this means I don't watch Smallville either, so I can't really give an informed opinion. I hear there are lots of cute people in it, though.

In any case, I think you've pointed out why the SW prequals suck so much worse than the original trilogy. We know who the frel all those people are, and only the CGAs are worse. (A is for actor, btw). At least Anakin doesn't resemble anyone we know...

Since when did Luthor go to Smallville High?

Let this be a lesson never to overestimate the big money-raking companies. They do it for the money. Artistic integrity and value only sneak in by accident. I would prefer they didn't make (or remake) any Superman movies at all, but it'll probably be too profitable to pass up.

World Cup. And it's football, not soccer. Soccer is something us yanks came up with because we are easily confused. So many Brits love to hear me say football instead of soccer, what with the American accent, and all. It works both ways you know; expecting the World Cup and getting the Superbowl would be just as bad.

Edited to add: This may be a nasty rant. Judges?

I've got but one thing to say: Smallville isn't a Superman story, it looks more like a Superboy story.

Sorry, but Lex and Superman had never been friends before. Period.

And his parents where never that young. Sorry.

It's the story about Superboy, not Superman.

But a good story though. :)

its kinda funny u say smallville is more like a superboy story then superman because...............its NOT suppose to be Superman. thats the whole point of the show. Clark has not put on the superman suit on yet and he dont fly.

I dont see why some of u say it sucks. I bet u only saw like 1 episode and just gave up. If u saw yesturdays episode you'd know what i'm talking about. yesturdays episode with Chris Reeves felt like a movie. it was that good.

Well since u dont like smallville does that mean you'd rather have the superman movie that they are planning on coming out with now? The one with Josh Hartnett? please hartnett is gonna screw up the movie big time.

Everyone says Tom Welling (i think thats his name. the guy who plays clark on smallville) look like a young chris reeves.

And the only reason ppl think he's to young to play the role is because he's suppose to be playing a 16yr teenage clark kent. The actor is really in his mid 20's i think. He's an actor and he's ACTING like a teenager. but in some episodes he acts more mature and esspecially yesturday he played clark as if he was the same age as clark was in superman. and he fit the part SO good.

i totally believe that this actor is clark/superman. cuz he looks the part and acts just like what his character should be. But if you put in Hartnett no ones gonna believe he's superman. its gonna be so gay.

I say let the guys who write the scripts for smallville write one for the movie and get a good director to direct the movie. but keep the movie following smallville. same actors and all. I'd be like a fine wine.

Cuz all the years of smallville would lead to the movies. years of forshadowing things that will happen in clarks future. And this talk about things to come should be shown in a movie after smallville.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys if u wanna see Tom Welling (clark from smallville) to play superman in the new superman movies PLEASE sign here.

i dont know if u guys care for smallville, but i do. I really wanna see this guy as the next superman.

I hope he's the new superman, because have u seen the other people trying to play superman?

Josh Hartnett, the tall guy from the 70's show, the guy who plays in sliders/scream 2 (nev cambells boy friend) and he played in the new movie kangaroo. Heck they're even thinking of Hayden Christension playing superman!

Whats wrong with WB. NON of these guys LOOK like superman, so please sign the petition to get Tom Welling to play superman.

Petition

So what. Its better then nothing. If the ppl who make the movie see so many people telling them that they want Tom Welling and not the other actors that might work.

If the WB people figure out that if they use Tom then they are gonna have a movie that they KNOW people will want to see cuz people already see Tom as the next superman. But if they use some dumb a@@ like Harnett who looks nothing like Welling then no ones gonna give a crap about the movie.

So if theres no petition maybe the makers of the movie would think that people dont care for Welling either, but if they see the petition who knows they might get it through they're head they everyone wants to see Smallville turned into a movies.

The majority of the American entertainment industry is silly. I'm American, so I'm allowed to say it.

Why the frel is there so much remaking going on? Because there's not enough originality to justify the billions going into Hollywood and the rest. This on its own is bad enough, but wiping a gem like Farscape is downright criminal. I'm told it's because some moron behind a desk moved it to a far more stupid timeslot so that the plummet in ratings was unavoidable...

Why yes, the last episode of Farscape did air only yesterday. Damn cruel cliffhanger, especially now it's not being picked up again later.

I'm sick of the frelling dren we have to put up with from the frelniks and magra-farbots who should be stuffed so far down the noly they end up in Hesmana. Frel 'em all.

http://www.farscape.com/news/index.html

what the heck does this american talk and farscape stuff have to do with smallville. You lost me there.

I understand that you dont like remakes, so your not all for a new superman movies, but what does farscape have to do with superman?

Recent American remakes of recent foreign films:

K-Pax, Insomnia, The Ring, Vanilla Sky

I don't think any of their foreign originals are less than 10 years old.

Also, we're getting a live action remake of Akira and an all new remake of Seven Samurai.

Hollywood is quite silly.

But then, there's like one million remakes of "Seven Samurai", from all around the world, simply because Kurosawa is god.

Footnote: the book "The Last Samurai" by Helen DeWitt is worth a check, it is about a boy without a father, who's mother uses a tape with "Seven Samurai" as a babysitter, since it will provide him with 8 strong male role models instead of the one provided by a father.

Perhaps now would be a good time to mention William Wallace was NOT a Pict, and would not have even painted his bottom blue, let alone his face. And that battle involved the Scots standing at one end of a bridge, forcing the Brits to cross in small numbers and get slaughtered...

Perhaps I should shut up now. Depends on whether or not anyone has anything left to say about Superman. Personally, I'm more interested in reviving Farscape than Superman, and discussing the broader idiocies of the people trying to keep us entertained.

I'd sooner see a live-action movie of Ghost In The Shell...great potential for some cyborg special effects, there.

why u guys taking the subject away from Superman? What does william wallace and these samaris have to do with Superman?

whatever your talking about is cool and all, but lets talk about Superman :) after all he's cooler then those movies u guys talked about (well Braveheart was really cool)

but who cares about farscape?

cool brendon fraser and the soap guy are gone, and i hear the director might leave too. i HOPE so.. if that happens and they have to start over with the project it might involve...........SMALLVILLE! looking good.

maybe WB read the petition...u never know :)

Archived