Home

Conversations between NPCs

michael_collins

Stormhammer (who is this guy hes inspired me twice in one night) has in one of his posts put forward a conversation between two stormies (superb dialogue to boot)

Will this be included???? cos it gave JO a human factor, like the two arguing about the cap ships they were on in one of the later levels in JO?

If so, I have an idea for a competition....perhaps the best dialogue sent in will get used in the game?? and you can add the authors name in the credits? text file would be ideal but i doubt anyone is stopping the fans from sending .Wav or .mp3 files.

Any team person types listenin?

JK had diologue when stormies were first introduced in level 6, and boy, was it great. It was about drills. I think Talay could use some, about stormies hitting up their CO officers for some juicy details as to what had happened there. And a cool way to get my name in the credits. :D

---

Stormie 1: You're late. The captain will have your head if he finds out.

Stormie 2: Can you blame me? I had difficulty finding my way here with this hell.

Stormie 1: I did to. Things are looking bad for those Rebels, huh?

Stormie 2: Yes, sir. Do you know what happened?

Stormie 1: A new weapon the Empire has just developed called Project Darktrooper.

Stormie 2: Darktrooper? What is that, some sorta Stormtrooper division?

Stormie 1: No. Let's just put it this way, if they make more of these things soon, we'll be commanding them in an admiral's uniform. Come on inside the bar; I can tell you more over a Corellian Ale.

---

Dialogue in this level is key, hinting left and right to the DT. This may be better for a in-level cutscene, because the player may just wanna go in, E-11 blazing...

Some references to Kyle's powers might not be to bad, like the One's suggestion.

Originally posted by Count_D00ku

I think whats happening here is that more and more is being asked of the team, how do you expect them to complete their work when you keep adding and adding and adding goals for them to acomplish?

This should be stuck. This forum was made for suggestions, and alot are very good and the devs said they will do their best to incorprate the ones they like, maybe they'll like this...

We can't stick every suggestion that appears.

One day, once we have actually got the architecture of the game in place, we will probably read through every suggestion thread on the board to get more ideas.

So don't worry about putting things at the top, even if they get buried we'll get to them :)

I never said we wouldn't include it. Infact, it's almost a certainty that we will.

All I stated was that we cannot implement all of these suggestions yet, at least not until we have the essentials in place.

And I'm sure a competition would be the best way to go about it, but not at this time.

Okay, we'll officially have a Stormtrooper Dialog Contest.

Talay would be a good level to overhear some conversations. The outside areas of Gromas Mines and Robotics Facility might be good too.

Tom Resnick has done voice over work before and offered to do a bunch of these so send your conversation ideas in email format to me - darth_linux@planetblood.com - and I'll review them. If I like your idea, I'll send you an email saying so, your script will be voiced and credit given to you in the games ending credits.

thanks!!

When is the end of this contest? Will the winners gett heir names in the credits? I'd love for my name to be mentioned in the recreation of my favorite game.

All I need to know is how many different ones can we send and when this contest ends...

Originally posted by Darth_Linux

Okay, we'll officially have a Stormtrooper Dialog Contest.

Talay would be a good level to overhear some conversations. The outside areas of Gromas Mines and Robotics Facility might be good too.

Tom Resnick has done voice over work before and offered to do a bunch of these so send your conversation ideas in email format to me - darth_linux@planetblood.com - and I'll review them. If I like your idea, I'll send you an email saying so, your script will be voiced and credit given to you in the games ending credits.

thanks!!

that should answer one of your questions Katarn.

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

that should answer one of your questions Katarn.

I see. I missed that part, but a deadline might help for those who don't check back here daily. I'll write a few and email you my best then.

*** I did one for Anteevy. Sent it to you.

when we actually are near completion of which ever maps we opt to put some conversations in I'll announce a deadline. Until then, keep sending them in, as many as you want.

I'd like to offer some suggestions though as far as content goes, since most of what I've received so far doesn't really tie too well in with the greater Star Wars universe.

Conversations might include such things as:

talking about what happened in previous missions of the game

"did you hear about what happened on Danuta? whole place got sacked and a top secret plan file was stolen. 3 admirals got the axe that day"

or

"hey did you hear we are close to recovering those stolen plans? Lord Vader intercepted a rebel cruiser near Tatooine"

or

"so what was your last detachment? I got sent out to tattoine to look for some droids. We had to blast a bunch of jawas and meddling locals who were asking too many questions. It was ugly, but it had to be done."

or

"so what is it they are doing on Gromas exactly? I heard it was some kind of drilling operation, but for what?"

talk about previous missions, or what happens early on in the story of A New Hope, or give hints about what happens later in the game without giving it away.

Feel free to flesh out these ideas I suggested above, I don't care about credit for it or anything.

Also, KUDOs to Michael Collins for the contest idea!

What i'd like is NOLF type conversations, or refrences to other levels.

example:

Stormie 1: so I hear you got transferred from that facility they stole the plans from.

Stormie 2: yeah, got hit right after i finished my shift

Stromie 1: well, that won't be happening here, if he comes here we'll get him

or:

Stormie 1: can you belive if someone made a holo game out of that incident in Ramsees?

Stormie 2: yeah, they'd probably cast us as easy to kill enemies.

Stormie 1: or as the guys you can go into the room at mid-conversation take out a guy and the other would spend 2 minutes figuring out what happened

Originally posted by jokemaster

What i'd like is NOLF type conversations, or refrences to other levels.

example:

Stormie 1: so I hear you got transferred from that facility they stole the plans from.

Stormie 2: yeah, got hit right after i finished my shift

Stromie 1: well, that won't be happening here, if he comes here we'll get him

or:

Stormie 1: can you belive if someone made a holo game out of that incident in Ramsees?

Stormie 2: yeah, they'd probably cast us as easy to kill enemies.

Stormie 1: or as the guys you can go into the room at mid-conversation take out a guy and the other would spend 2 minutes figuring out what happened

I just got the NOLF demo, but was denied any good conversation. There are hardly any HARM guys!!!

Well, your first suggestion is what I had in mind. I included that.

The second suggestion is just hilarious. That's be a nice thing to add to.... Hmmm, Ergo? If there are stormies in the bar, that is...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Katarn07

I just got the NOLF demo, but was denied any good conversation. There are hardly any HARM guys!!!

Hate to double post, but got to kick this up.

I got NoLF off eBay a week or so ago. I am on mission 10, and have heard plenty of nice conversations. I am 85% sure I'll get my name credited in the mod's credits! :D

Well, maybe not... There are 14 levels and how many people relly visit the site and forums? Those really looking foward to it, like those who joined LF for this mod (me) and those who have yet to leave this place and explore the Swamp and the like...

Soryy for my rambling... :o

I'll come up with some new conversations now.

*** If one of mine do appear in the game, will you guys contact me for my name or should I have sent it with the conversations? Was I supposed to attach it, or just type in the email message? I did the latter for all of the ones I sent to Darth. I am really looking foward to more on this contest, but understand you won't do it until later.

Originally posted by michael_collins

Where will the names go in the credits?

I mean, will they put it under

"NPC conversation contest winners"

Katarn07 (just an example here, im sure its wishful thinking on ur part) and then the level(s) that his were used in

or will they go under some other heading?

Did you really think we'd thought about that yet? ;) We do have slightly more important things to worry about.

Anyway, I imagine we will just have a list of the names under "NPC Conversations".

Originally posted by xcountryman03

you know what would be cool. somewhere in the convos, include the team's names. kinda another easter egg

That would be funny. Two stormies named Rob and Dave discuss their plans about a holo game they are creating about life as a stormie... :D:p:D

And a suggestion for the credits:

NPC Conversations Contest Winners

First Name 'LF Name' Last Name

Back on topic of my conversations, if there are civies in the game, can we have a conversation for them too?

Archived