Home

Mr. Rogers Has Died

Boba Rhett

I hate always bringing the bad news to you guys and gals especially as I'm sitting here crying like a little baby but here it goes. Today at the age of 74, Fred Rogers lost his short battle with stomach cancer. He was the longtime host of the children's show, "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood". Not everyone here knows who he was but I'm sure for many of us he held a special place in our childhoods as well as our hearts.

Along with his death I feel a very special part of my childhood is now gone forever. Mr. Rogers, I sincerely thank you for everything you've done for me and children everywhere. You will be dearly missed.

[align=center]mrrogers.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Fred Rogers[/align]

[align=center]March 20th 1928 - February 27th 2003[/align]

I know who he is, and saw a couple of shows of it, but never was interested in it as a kid....really didn't watch too much TV, actually.

I do remember that once, the crew decided to play a joke on him. When he walks over to put on some shoes, the crew switched his with some other persons. Mr. Rogers was trying so hard to keep a straight face as we was trying to put on shoes 2 sizes smaller than his, till he just let it out and nearly fell on the floor laughing.

I remember his show alot. I grew up to him, Sesame Street, and Reading Rainbow. He was a great guy and I loved his show. There are a lot of people out there that have felt his impact in some way or another. He taught us about life and how to keep on going whenever we got knocked down. He will be greatly missed and always remembered as the first person that taught us anything worth learning before we went to Kindergarden.

:lsduel::duel:

The sweater and shoe part was my favorite part of the show. :( Since I didn't say this before...

Rest In Peace Mr. Rogers. A better man has never been seen on TV. You were an inspiration to children everywhere and the greatest educator of the 20th Century on the most important thing. Life. You will be sorely missed and let us hope that others will learn from your memory.:crybaby::cry6::cry8:

Sad indeed. It seems so many of my childhood icons are passing away. Bob Homme(The Friendly Giant) died in 2000, Ernie Coombs(Mr. Dressup) died in 2001, and now Fred Rogers(Mr. Rogers). Ernie Coombs and Fred Rogers(who were close friends), as well as Bob Homme, were pioneers of the childrens television industry, and will be sadly missed by children and also adults who's lives they've touched in the past 30 years.

*Walks out of thread sadly singing "It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood..."*:cry8:

Archived