Home

WIP Complete Obi-wan Pack

KevinCoyle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Question for Kevin Coyle.

Kevin I am starting to model and I thought that I would just start off slow and try to edit a reborn. I have 3D Studio Max, and I was wondering if I could edit the .glm file. If so then what do i convert the file to so that it can be opened in 3D Studio.

-Thanks a bunch

-[DJM]-War Hawk-DM-

Here is a Screenshot of the Episode 2 Obi-wan head so far, the hair and beard skin still need a lot of work but it's coming along pretty good.

Episode 2 obi-wan head

For Master Hawk:

If you want to edit the reborn model you could download Milkshape (it's free for a month) and use it to import the glm and then export it from milkshape to .3ds. Then you can import the 3ds into max.

Thank You Very Much Kevin. That's helps out a lot. I have 3D Studio Max version 2. It's an early version and I think it may be holding me back a lot. Time to put in some more time at the office I guess. I hear 5 doesn't come cheap.

Thanks a ton

yeah, your right, the head does look a little small on the shoulders. I haven't attached the head to the body yet so it's an easy fix. I'll probably just replace the picture with the update in a few minutes.

To answer your question, I use a box to start modeling heads.

the head does seem too... small... but i tihnk... the neck may be the cause.. it seems to be... twiggy slightly... if that makes sense...

(please note: if this post does not make sense it may be due to me being tired)

wouldnt he use several scenes to make it more accurate?

Most likely, of course. I meant it as a complement. :)

Kevin has captured the essence of McGregor so well, I can nearly compare it directly to a still-frame. Yes the beard and the hair in particular need some work, but the eyes and bone structure are spot on.

I'm eagerly awaiting this model's release. Fantastic work!

Thank you for the kind words and helpful pointers everyone. I have an update on the model. I imported a few existing jedi knight models for comparison to help get the head porportions rights, I fixed that and thickened the neck a little.

To clear up some confusion, I'm using the same body model for episode 1 obi-wan and the episode 2 obi-wan, but that doesn't mean I won't make the necessary adjustments to the model for Episode 2. by "Ep1/Ep2 body" I meant I wouldn't be starting from scratch for the episode 2 body, that would be silly since they're basically the same.

Note, The picture looks a little funny where the neck meets the torso, I'm waiting to fix that for when I attach the head to the body

Obiwan body render 2

Very well done Kevin. That looks so much better. I have a question for you. Regarding do Old bens body, will you include an unrobed version? I don't think anyone's thought of that before. I mean, at least for an old ben. I think it would be cool. Or maybe even put an extra model in the pack. Like old bens head on ep 2 bens body. Giving him his old features, but with his prequel clothing. That would also be nice. Just some added suggestions, no need to take them seriously.

Archived