Home

WIP Complete Obi-wan Pack

KevinCoyle

I've decided my next project will be a complete obi-wan model pack containing every version of obi-wan for the Star Wars movies. The reasons I'm doing this even though there are already obi-wan models out there is because #1, I was disappointed that jolts' very accurate obi-wan models were not going to be released, and #2, I wanted to do a main star wars character and really try to make the face as accurate as possible as kind of as a challenge to myself. The choice came down to do Leia or obi-wan, I've decided to do both but chose the obi-wan pack to do first for the simple reason that obi-wan reference pictures were easier to find.

When finished, this pack will contain robed and unrobed versions of episode 1 & 2 obi-wans, version 2 of my old Ben model and a "ghost" Ben Kenobi.

Here is a screenshot on what I have so far of obi-wan face. Any comments, constructive critism and helpful suggestions are welcome.

Obi-wan Face

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news! Really nice looking!

Once again it looks like you've captured a good resemblence.

How much deleting and reworking do you do to get the faces at this stage? I figure alot, but I was just wondering how quickly you reach a facial resemblence like that (and Old Ben's).

Thanks again for your awesome contributions :D

-nomad

MTFBWY

To Hellfire Jedi: I've sent you an authorization request over icq.

To nomad:

It actually doesn't take that long. I've worked out a method thats pretty quick and usually comes out fairly accurate. It's based on this guy's .tutorial on modeling heads with polys in max 4. The tutorial is directed toward making high-poly heads but I've adapted the process for low poly heads (basically less detail on the ears and the absence of meshsmooth). If you can find a straight-on portrait and side profile of the face, it usually comes out pretty good. Using editable polys instead of editable mesh makes the model more flexible. I usually don't have to delete anything because I can't get it to look right, most flaws I run in to can be repaired. I started the model last night and it took about 2 hours to get it to the point of the first screenshot I posted.

Originally posted by kinggungan

I know you mentioned Leia, but how about Plo Koon next?

Plo Koon has already been worked on. Have a little patience, it should be out soon.

Work looks good so far, Kevin. Nice to see you back modeling after a little break. ;)

OMG :eek:

This obi-wan model looks so realistic!... Keep up with the good work! :vik4: just one question coyle.. Are you goin to help someone with the model Pablo Jill?.. it may have died but im not sure.. n e ways just wonderin.:rolleyes:

BTW: If anyone is Willing to Donate credits to me i would very much appreciate it.. Thank You (MAHALO)

:jawa

Archived