Home

I am now 22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 is not so bad. The funny thing is, for me, once I turned 21 the charm of getting drunk wore off. Maybe because I've drank more booze in my life than I'd like to remember, mostly because I blacked out every once in a while. Booze ain't all its cracked up to be. The only time I drink now is when I'm in the mood, and even then, I rarely exceed 2 or 3 beers or glasses of wine.

I think that the reason why y'all Americans can't stop talking about booze is that you're not allowed to get drunk before your 21st. Over here, you have to be 16 for your first beer, you get drunk two or three times, and by the time you turn 21 most of the tough talk like "woo, look at me, I can drink 4 litres of beer and still remember my telephone number" is gone. NFI.

Anyway, congrats Keyan! :D In 2.5 months I'm supposed to be 22 too. But unlike you, I like being 21. :(

Originally posted by Gold leader

woo, look at me, I can drink 4 litres of beer and still remember my telephone number

I have Irish, Polish, and German blood. If I had Russian in me too, i'd be an unstoppable drinking machine.

Due to all the Irishness, I don't get drunk :confused: I just get really depressed but stay entirely coherent* and suffer no loss of motor skill. Desire to get angry increases 900% though, although Irishness has made me tall, lanky, and skinny and therefore unable to back up my words. One month til my birthday.

*relative to my usual incoherence.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

I have Irish, Polish, and German blood. If I had Russian in me too, i'd be an unstoppable drinking machine.

Due to all the Irishness, I don't get drunk :confused: I just get really depressed but stay entirely coherent* and suffer no loss of motor skill. Desire to get angry increases 900% though, although Irishness has made me tall, lanky, and skinny and therefore unable to back up my words. One month til my birthday.

*relative to my usual incoherence.

I have Irish, Polish, and Russian blood, but lack the German. But I feel German in spirit, you know...

Originally posted by Jem

I've never been drunk. There's no point in it.

If you haven't done it, how do you know there's no point?

I like it becuase I can fully relax and not really give a **** about everything else is going on or my current life troubles, it takes a weight off your chest for a few hours, and my lower back untightens so I can slouch without pain.....

happy birthday keyan :)

note:

nothing wrong with not drinking, but saying something you have never done is pointless or stupid, is stupid, because you really don't know....but nuthin wrong with morla objections(keyan)

Originally posted by Zargon

I can fully relax and not really give a **** about everything else is going on or my current life troubles, it takes a weight off your chest for a few hours, and my lower back untightens so I can slouch without pain.....

wo wo wo man, you just described my every day life.

note:

nothing wrong with not drinking, but saying something you have never done is pointless or stupid, is stupid, because you really don't know....but nuthin wrong with morla objections(keyan)

Note taken. I will stop thinking that killing is bad and do it before I say that anything is wrong with it. Hey, maybe I should also try racism and drugs before saying that it's stupid!

If you haven't done it, how do you know there's no point?

... but saying something you have never done is pointless or stupid, is stupid, because you really don't know....

In other words:

"How do you know you won't like it, if you've never even tried it?"

"It came to me in a dream!" - George Carlin

Congrats, Zarg, you've turned into my mom. ;)

Although I don't think that argument has ever been used by a parent to encourage drinking.

Originally posted by Jem

Note taken. I will stop thinking that killing is bad and do it before I say that anything is wrong with it. Hey, maybe I should also try racism and drugs before saying that it's stupid!

yes, lets just throw laws, reason and logic out of the equation, I'll then nuke canada and france, and somehow I think no one will tell me I was wrong....:rolleyes:

I obvisouly didn't intend that statement to include everything, most things have LEGAL and LOGICAL bounds, stepping way over that nullifies mmost of your arguments against by killing your credibility.

For Example:

yeah man lets go try some heroin and shoot people, it could be cool, how would we know its not good, we havne't done it

:confused:

Only slightly different than:

I guess I'll have a few extra [beers,martinis,shots,drinks] and see how it feels, after all, as long as I am not driving and have a friend or two around, its pretty damned safe.......

ed:; what can I say, everyone has their talents ;)

You also have to consider the possibility ... "What happens if I like it?"

Being part of a familiy where most of the male members and quite a lot of the female members are alcoholics (which is mostly why I don't even go near the stuff, even as an experiment) I think that is quite an important factor. To most young people, getting drunk is just getting drunk, but further down the road, you may find that it has done more damage than just physical damage (which occurs when you get drunk also, by the way).

Originally posted by Jem

So getting drunk is safe, respects logic, moral and yadda yadda yadda?

Sure :rolleyes:

well, its legal, the moral question goes a bit more person to person now doesn't it, depends on ones religion and their devotion to that religion. Sure its safe, if you don't run around picking fights, take shots till you puke, and dry and drive a car, then how isnt it safe? Keyan has more of a point, I have the 'enlightened' perspective to have alcohol almost destroy my life before it really go to to go anywhere, due to alcoholism I had to drop out of University and go to community college, hopefully starting the fall, I will be back at real College again. It's all an issue of self control, I didn't fail out because I was an alcoholic, I failed out because I LET myself become and be an alcoholic, end of story. But no matter what, addiction to alcohols long term side effects are still not neat as sever as other more serious addictive drugs, like heroin, cocaine, crack, and everyones favortie 'its not so bad' drug, pot(livers are easier to fix than lungs). If you really wanna go that far into it, eating too much beef can have severe negative side-effects in the long run, heart disease, really bad cholestorol, heart attacks, but I hear no one saying, your an ******* for eating that steak you dickhead :p(that is a joke by the way)

Originally posted by Jem

You're sayibg that getting drunk is ok as long as you know what you're doing, now how the hell are you suppose to know what you're doing while you're drunk?

Being 'drunk' doesn't mean HOLY **** I BLACKED OUT FOR 8 HOURS OMG. If you don't know what you were doing when you were drunk, then you have a problem

Archived