Home

I've decided...

leXX

I've decided to start reading some EU books and comics. I'm interested in female Jedi in particular. I've already ordered 'The Approaching Storm' which covers Luminara and Barriss during the trade dispute on Ansion and Dark Horse Twilight as an introduction to the Aayla EU story.

Any other recommendations?

Well, NJO has the most plentiful amount of female Jedi, but i don't recommend starting with them.

The Jedi Acedemy trilogy has some female Jedi, but none of them play a big role.

Otehr than that, and the ones you've mentioned, i can't think of any that star female Jedi except the ones with Mara befores she's really a Jedi.

there's a few. since I cant get my HP scanner to work.. I cant show you....

Also, the Young Jedi Knights Series has Jaina and Tenel Ka in them as well as Jacen, Lowie, and a few other characters.

and I suggest you try to stick to the order for the books. Don't skip them or you'll be lost... sort of.

Crystal Star is a good book too. Leia has a big part (other than being the CoS and doing diplomatic crap) she actually goes out and searches for her kids because they were kidnapped. There's another part of the story too, Luke and Han go to a space station in search of a Jedi near a Crystal Star yada yada. Just read the book. I think it's good.

Crystal Star was okay. Not the best, not the worst.

But your best bet when picking books to read, Rogue Squadron Series and Thrawn Trilogy (plus the later duology) with the addition of Courtship of Princess Leia. All these books are interlocking and have many different views of battles, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Crystal Star is a good book too. Leia has a big part (other than being the CoS and doing diplomatic crap) she actually goes out and searches for her kids because they were kidnapped. There's another part of the story too, Luke and Han go to a space station in search of a Jedi near a Crystal Star yada yada. Just read the book. I think it's good.

Read Crystal Star was the first SW EU book I've read. GOOD GOOD READ IT!!

read the thraw trilogy and the thrawn duology. both are the development of mara jade to being a jedi. i would like to read the dark empire books about the cloned emporer...any adobe acrobat reader files that you guys know of

You know what I'm going to suggest first, Aayla comcis!

Dark Horse Star Wars - Twilight

You said you already read.

Dark Horse Star Wars - Darkness

A must have. Aayla plays a much bigger part and its probably one of the best story arcs I've ever read. A great action scene ending.

Dark Horse Star Wars - Stark Hyperspace War

This is more of a background info story arc. The series focuses on the War, but it explains how Aayla gets her memories back.

Dark Horse Star Wars - Rite of Passage

Another great arc. Here you get to see Aayla kicking some serious butt as she unknowingly embarks on her graduation to knighthood.

If you want more info on the issues you can check out the Timeline page at http://temoto.co.uk/aayla/

You can also buy the Trade Paperback of these stories at TFAW.com: http://www4.tfaw.com/gn/search.html?cart=3110757455661514&D=20&V=T&DB=C&shw=tpb&dat=ALL&alf=ALL&media=ALL&sstring=star%20wars

• 2 weeks later...

THRAWN TRILOGY is a must....best books ever to hit the printers. the thrawn duology's cool, too.

x-wing novels are cool...STARFIGHTERS OF ADUMAR's the best written one. PLUS, it's a stand alone. and IMO, it's the funniest book one could ever hope to read...

i haven't read crystal star...but i've heard tt it was supposed to've been the worst sw book ever.

and personally, dark empire proved to be a HUGE disappointment. the art didn't quite appeal to me, the colouring especially. (tho cam's work in some of the other comics i've read- boba fett-were amazing).

yeah, random, the republic series is great...so's the ongoing empire series...especially since biggs is in it...

imo, tho, the rogue squad series is ABOVE ALL...specifically, in the empire's service and mandatory retirement. and the making of baron fel was just too cool....:)

Archived