Home

Worst 1st experiece ever...

DC | Dark Luke

The other day i was finally able to play an inet game...i was so happy u know...my very first online game of JO....the thing is...i sucked...

First of all, i couldn`t acomplish a single frag, they keep flying over me and stabbing me from behind...

But that`s not it, i started to lag....i fire some lighting and the animation begins 2 sec after i press the button...

They start calling me "laggy" or something....and finally, they voted me out:(

Should i try again?

This first experience was really awful...

SAlu2

Perhaps it was just the connection. You need to find a server that gives you low latency consistenly. And don't worry if it was your first time. People rarely ever do well in their first time on a server. Ask someone at the LFJA if they will help you with that. I wish I could, but I can't make time for games.

Don't let one bad experience stop you from enjoying JKII.

But that`s not it, i started to lag....i fire some lighting and the animation begins 2 sec after i press the button...

Okay, the first thing you did wrong was to use Force lightning. Only sissies use Force lightning. It's a stupid, sissy way out of a decent fight. Keep your dignity and forget that power. Also, Rank 3 Force Grip makes you a sissy if you overuse it. Moderation when using that!

They start calling me "laggy" or something....and finally, they voted me out

Poor you! That happened to me once. I take it very personally when people vote me out of a server. It's only happened twice-- once I was lagging, and the second happened today... I was on a FFA server all alone, when all of a sudden two guys enter at the same time, and kick me out. For a moment, I was sad, then I went back into the room and found out that the two guys were gone and the gametype was now CTF. Stupid practical jokers!

--Koala3K

to help you with your lag, make sure that you have the graphics set to a level your graphics card can handle with ease, secondly turn off any unecesary programs like msn messenger or anything like that. I see you are in argentina, make sure you are connecting to servers which are as close to you as possible. this will reduce lag.

If you arent doing well on a server bear in mind that this game has been out for a long time, and most of the people that still play it have been doing so for a long time also, if you want to learn the tricks and secrets, you can ask someone, i find lots of people are willing to teach you basic stuff and give extra advice, so just ask next time your on a server. alternatively try here for strategies :

http://strategy.jediknightii.net/

:wavey:

Today was my first internet MP. I nearly got booted because I nearly gave someone a d.f.a. a second after he started chatting. I didn't hit him because someone else bolted him right before I hit so I went through. That was my second match, I did terrible at a pit duel for my first because I had a messed up saber mod (HOM saber and no stance bar so I couldn't change lightsaber stance.) Fortunately, I didn't get kicked and had a nice time.

I feel very sorry for you, though. Rogue nine was right. Don't let this give you a bad impression internet MP. You will find people who spam kick and type kill. You will find ones that will change their name and stay on chat so that moral people won't attack. Some will curse and swear for no reason. Just find a good server; one with low ping and nice players, and try to stay with that server as you try others.

Originally posted by Koala3K

Okay, the first thing you did wrong was to use Force lightning. Only sissies use Force lightning. It's a stupid, sissy way out of a decent fight. Keep your dignity and forget that power. Also, Rank 3 Force Grip makes you a sissy if you overuse it. Moderation when using that!

C´mon, it was my first time....AND THEY WERE KICKING MY ASS!!!

Anyway...i´m just a noob, it´ll take me time to be as good as other players out there...the thing is, i don`t have much time to play games...this whole university thing is consuming me...

Anyway...i hope to meet one of u in a MP game sometime, that would be great, and u can teach me some nice moves too:D

SAlu2

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

. alternatively try here for strategies :

http://strategy.jediknightii.net/

:wavey:

Thanx 4 that bilbo, i alrready check that out, but it`s gonna take me some time to get along with all that moves, considering the fact that i do not have the game in home, and the whole explanations are in english:D

But i´ll do my best:)

SAlu2

ROFLOL

Okay, you're right on one part, force lightning can get annoying, BUT that doesnt mean you cant defend against it, if you cant, then congrats, you're a newb.

There are two MAIN ways to counter force lightning

1) use absorb, duh.

2) drain em', takes longer but o well.

The other ways, use your imagination, an obvious way is to just enter servers without force powers..

Note that when someone uses force lightning, they cant block.. so if they're stupid enough, dfa them. Or, you could always dark rage and rush them

Only sissies use force lightning? I think not.

If you learned how to utilize force lightning, instead of thinking that the only way to use it is to spam it, you could win several battles with it.

My favorite use for it is to use it when you're getting ganged or someone else is.. you know how much kills you can muster by doing so? This is very useful in ffa..

or, when some kid has 2 health left or somethin, and wont give in, just save time and smoke him..

:fett:

Wtf? Only sissies use lightning or grip? Are you kidding me? That goes for rage as well, right? And drain? So dark siders should use...what exactly? Force jump?

This is one of the things that puzzles me and pretty much kills the game. You can not kick or grip of lightning or shoot or push or do anything 'cause someone thinks it's not honourable.

But to each their own. If you feel like doing something else than walking around with your saber down on a Full Force All Weapons server, then just log on to another server with different people.

And all this type-killing crap... jesus.. if a guy in the middle of a fight suddenly starts typing and my flechette kills him - I'll be damned if he doesn't start a vote to "kick the dishonourable type killer!!11" :rolleyes: It's a damn game.

If someone likes to use lightning he is free to do that. If you don't like it or can't counter it...too bad. You can't expect everyone to play the game by your rules.

(= 1) only attack me in a way that I can easily counter. 2) don't make it hard for me to kill you because that is dishonourable!)

And what on earth can possibly be seen as lame in grip lvl 3? :confused: How about...I dunno...use absorb? :confused:

:mad:

There are alot of petty servers out there, everybody has there own idea of what is fair and what isn't.

Just keep looking for a place where people don't freak over everything.

When I play I use anything to win, force push off bridges & platforms, push& pull while people are jumping has racked up alot of kills for me over time, mindtrick kicks, big guns against sabres, killing people while they are sword dueling is 1 of my favs,sabre off means nothing to me. And too many people spam the chat bubble.

Having said all this I don't intentionaly shoot at people with the bubble up. I locked a homing missle on a guy last night fired and then his bubble came up. IT killed him and he freaked. I just explained said I was sorry and it was cool.

Remember its' just a game.

Yup.

And there's a difference between hunting down people who chat and shooting at a bunch of players even though there's one amongst them with their chat bubble up.

If you really need to start chatting about this 'n that in the middle of a raging FFA, be prepared to die and don't freak out about it like some little baby.

It's just a game.

I know that nobody has to play by my rules, and that's fine. But I was just saying that in general, at least in my experience, players look down upon people who just run around with a Rank 3 Lightning ALL THE TIME, as well as people who run around gripping people and dropping them to their doom one after another after another, etc.

I say, let there be lighning and grip, but use Rank 3 grip in moderation, and use Ranks 1 or 2 Lightning, so you actually have to use some skill, instead of just pressing the key mindlessly.

But, of course, nobody has to listen to me.

And Dark Luke, if you ever want to meet me in a MP game, like you said, I rarely play on any server other than TheForce.net. So find me, and I'll smear your lightning-happy face into the pavement. In the nicest and most sportsman-like way possible. And if you're really messing up, I'll give you hints.

--Koala3K

Originally posted by Koala3K

at least in my experience, players look down upon people who just run around with a Rank 3 Lightning ALL THE TIME, as well as people who run around gripping people and dropping them to their doom one after another after another, etc.

--Koala3K

Well if you put it that way I undestand your point. But every spam has a weakness, lightning & drain are absolutely worthless against absorbx3 unless Iam already less than 10 pts. Grip drops are dangerous if they are really quick but I am really quick with the absorbx3. In fact i am thinking of putting together an absorb save movie. I have many absorb lock breaks recorded thats are pretty cool. Don't you darkies realize that lightning, drain, & grip charge up your oponents force pool 5x as fast as it would normally regenerate if absorbx3 is on :) ?

I will mess my move up, but common sence should tell you about this move. ok i have absorbx3 but some times will not use it on a grip user, if the user is griping you and walking you to the drop... wait tell he has almost got you over the edge... then hit pull, you should move a little frwd and him a lot... whaaaaaaa over he gos, if i am using grp, dont pick up and walk with them no no no, pick them up and thow.. by picking up and then hit push or pick them up and in one move swing and let go, as even if they get absorbx3 up the momentum will take them over the edge :)

if all fails well run and hide :)

btw dont use the grip thing to much.... have fun use a little of all :)

it was my first time playing online the other night and i got batterd.

there was one on there who when i was fighting them they put up the chat thing,i turned round to fight some other dude and then they came behind me and started choping me to bits.:rolleyes:

the problem i seem to have is that when i'm in the middle of a fight i spin round that much i end up facing the wrong way:eek:

i was all over the place and made myself look a right plank.

anyway i'm off to get my ass kicked now:D

Sonic Boom, if somebody put up a chat bubble when you were attacking them, and then killed you as soon as your back was turned, you should have called a vote to kick him right then and there. That's abuse of the chat bubble. Also, if I'm attacking someone, and they put up the bubble in the middle of the fight, I kill them anyway. But only if we're in the middle of a big fight and the player has no reason to chat.

--Koala3K

Well...I never put my chat bubble up when fighting. That would be dumb.

The only times when my chat bubble comes up is

A) right after a good duel. Typing "gf" takes only a fraction of a second, though, so one must be very fast to take advantage of that. :)

b) if something happens "in real life", like the phone rings, someone's at the door, I spill hot coffee on my groin...you know, that sort of thing.

But... if I leave my chat bubble up in the middle of a fight I expect to get killed. I don't start voting people off the server for that.

I do find it lame if I'm hiding in some dark corner "typing" and someone finds me and kills me. That's lame.

However - said player is simply scratched from my "cool guy"-list from that moment on...nothing more.

That's some funny stuff Koala3K. Allow me to share my philosophy. If someone, in the middle of a fight, pops a chat box, I'll kill him. If I turn a corner and suddenly find someone with a chat box up, I'll kill him. If someone is running around with his saber down on a ffa server, I'll kill him. If I know for fact that someone with a chat box up is AFK and he is of no threat to me, I might not kill them, depending on the situation. I've been cheesed by chatters and saberdown players so many times that I really don't care anymore. Time to die!

In regards to l3 lightning, grip etc, learn to deal with it or leave the game. If someone spams a move, it makes them predictable and therefore vulnerable. Use that soft squishy stuff inbetween your ears, eh? :)

Originally posted by taboo

In regards to l3 lightning, grip etc, learn to deal with it or leave the game. If someone spams a move, it makes them predictable and therefore vulnerable. Use that soft squishy stuff inbetween your ears, eh? :)

One might also wonder why anyone wants to play full force and/or guns but then restrict the use of guns and force. That's silly. It's not like f.ex Grip was accidentially put there by Raven. People are *supposed* to use it, that's the game.

And I'm still confused about grip lvl 3. Only grip lvl 1 is ok? Why? Because it is useless and can't harm anyone? :confused:

Why don't we all stick to using nothing but heal level 1. That takes all your force away, gives you 3 hp and does not affect anyone else in a negative way. :rolleyes:

Luc Solar, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Me, I never use grip unless someone's attacking me in a "hangout" server, IE with rules against saber-down killing and chat-killing. I do all of my dueling by challenging another player and/or accepting a challenge.

There is NOTHING dishonorable about using ANY force power. In pure FFA, ANYTHING GOES. If you're fighting, then start typing, you're a target. If you get "lagged", or say you do, too bad. If you're not skilled enough to counter a certain force move, it's your fault, as all the moves can be countered. Grip, Drain, and Lightning can easily be countered by using absorb. Dark Rage can be countered by putting on protection. Push and Pull can be countered by using absorb as well. Someone using protection? Use Dark Rage to help match up with him. If you're good, you can kill him before the recovery time. Someone using absorb? Use a lightsaber. Someone using mind trick? DUH, force seeing. As for heal, force drain is the dark side equivalent of it, except it's a bit more useful. But it also requires a target, while force heal does not.

So don't piss and moan if you can't handle the heat. Maybe they're just BETTER than you. I'm far from the best player... hell, compared to many, I'm not worthy to even be called n00b. But when I die, I know why I died. Because I was beaten, fair and square. Of course, there are the exceptions, such as talking in a hang-out server, and someone DFA's you in the back. But as I said, I only use challenges in duels, or duel games for fighting, so that isn't a problem for me.

So in conclusion to my rant, don't piss on yourself and complain when you stink. There is ALWAYS a solution, if you're smart enough to find it. I'll finish it with this...

"If one's imagination fails to provide an answer, one must seek out a greater imagination."

I nearly got kicked yesterday. I succeeded in killing someone in ffa_deathstar three times with traps in a 15 minute match. They then tried to use the garbage compactor. Luckily, I landed on top of the walls (They closed before I was down), and he had left. He called a kick. Fortunately no one else cared so it was my vote and his vote so I stayed on for three matches:). As with force powers, traps are there to be used. If a noob can't survive a human match without getting upset at a couple embarrassing kills, then he should play a bunch of bot matches until he can. I avoid people with saber off and people with chat bubbles (it is hard to tell now whether they are just trying to lame you or have a problem).

One thing:

Saber down in an all weapons game? Don't even try that, I will blow you up!

I don't have time to take a closer look if they're actually unarmed or are tossing grenades or detpacks at me. In an all weapons FFA you better be prepared to die if you walk around saber down.

btw - I've noticed some people crouch and bow thus signaling that they're not a threat. It's a good way to get you life spared, I guess. I won't shoot you if you're f.ex on the pad crouching and bowing saber down (unless you've tricked me before... :D )

...still, no whining if you happen to get shot. :)

Archived