Home

Red Faction?

{BK}SupremePain

It's a good, solid shooter with plenty of gameplay. Buy it if you're into Half-life and other good singleplayer experiences.

The graphics are... err.... efficient, as I like to call that kind. Not bad, and it's got a neat gimmick (you can blow walls with explosives) - but it isn't really beautiful in any way.

Story is nice, though I wouldn't call it captivating. But you shouldn't concern yourself with that much anyway, in my modest opinion.

Overall, I liked it because of its diversity - you go through mines, canyons, spaceships, research stations etc. There are also some sneaky missions if that's your thang.

As for cut scenes - not really. If I remember correctly, the only cutscenes in it was the intro and the outro. Go figure.

It has my recommendations.

I got bored with it really fast. The geomod tech grew old quickly and was implimented very poorly, many the levels were boring, It didn't make me care for the guy I played as and the story isn't mapped out well. If you can buy it really cheap, try it out.

Originally posted by {BK}SupremePain

cool i was thinking it was like a 100 Kr.... does it have multiplayer?

Yup, but don't count on it having a very thriving community.

I tried multiplayer once, but it was laggy, and frankly, not near the feel of the singleplayer, where you're crawling around and having wicked firefights.

Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

I've never played HL...Tell me about it :)

HL i one of the greatest FPS of all times, al least the PC version....PS-version may be different, but the essence of the game is the same.

The story is really good, in my opinion, a common scientist starts an experiment, including other dimenson voyages, and he gets involved in a journey, full of big monsters and stupid colegues:D

I really enjoyed the game, i played several times and i didn`t find it boring, u might discover things u did´t check last time u play. (like where is going that damn G-Man:mad: )

The graphics has no matches for today games, but it has a nice ambience (?):D

If u have the money and like FPS games, buy it:)

SAlu2

I enjoyed playing Red Faction on PC. It may not have been completely innovative, and it does have flaws, but it's not a bad game, IMHO.

GeoMod is okay - it could have been implemented better. There is some humour, like attaching explosive to enemies and see them run around...or running over them in a vehicle. The graphics are pretty similar to Half-Life. The story's okay... There are a couple of annoying 'sneak' levels that don't really fit...but you do get to drive a Drilling Machine, a Jeep, a Submarine and an aircraft in some levels. There were a few sections where there was not enough to do...but there were also some good firefights. The railgun with 'see-through-walls' ability was fun.

It wasn't as good as Half-Life, but it was a decent FPS nonetheless. If you can pick it up in a bargain bin, give it a whirl. ;)

Archived