Home

"Google" Search Engine, Becomiing too powerful?

yangyan

I read an article in the Boston Globe about how Google invades a persons privacy. Such as, any personal info on any website ever posted or created that is not kept under lock and key (secured) can be found on Google. It scares me about how much a person can find out about someone else on Google.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

I read an article in the Boston Globe about how Google invades a persons privacy. Such as, any personal info on any website ever posted or created that is not kept under lock and key (secured) can be found on Google. It scares me about how much a person can find out about someone else on Google.

but have you tried/tested that Reborn? like taking a person that you know and searching for stuff about them? im not saying that the article was wrong, just playing devils advocate.

If you post/ put anything online on not a secure site you're making it available to practically anyone with our without google.

Although i do believe that Google is just a tool of the commies in their never ending quest to take over the world.

i tried it on multiple persons, ZERO hits with the full names (though i did have hits with only the first name, or only the last name)

so i wouldn't worry about it

No no no. I think I phrased it wrong. :D Lets say that you had been sent to court for a crime and you went to jail for 1 month. That was 5 years ago. Since then, you've cleaned up and you've found the person you think is "The One". One day she comes in and slaps you then leaves and you never see here again. You find out from one of her friends that it was because the lady had done a search for your name on Google and had come up with your crime and your time. Stuff like that.

hmmm im gonna find info on j00 now. :D

gimme j00 pizzas!

how can a search engine become too powerful? dude i think ya need ta lay off the crack.

Lay off the crack? *Ahem* -C'

Archived