Home

Should Jacen Solo be killed off?

*Darth Vega*

They have totally screwed his character up. Heck, I find myself hoping he just dies so that he won't get in the way anymore. If it wasnt for this idiot, the entire NR-YV war would have ended when Centerpoint was fired. Then when the galaxy needed him most he abandoned his Jedi powers. He left people to die, refusing to help them only to use his powers again when people close to him were in trouble. Some Jedi.

Jacen Solo is a disgrace to the Jedi. He should be executed immediatly. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by *Darth Vega*

They have totally screwed his character up. Heck, I find myself hoping he just dies so that he won't get in the way anymore. If it wasnt for this idiot, the entire NR-YV war would have ended when Centerpoint was fired. Then when the galaxy needed him most he abandoned his Jedi powers. He left people to die, refusing to help them only to use his powers again when people close to him were in trouble. Some Jedi.

Jacen Solo is a disgrace to the Jedi. He should be executed immediatly. Your thoughts?

Dude - harsh.

I like the way his character has gone, giving the GREAT USE OF THE FORCE debate embodiment.

Deep and well thought, but still confusing, ambiguous and open to make what you want of it.

He is the equivilant of a conscientious objector, which is no bad thing. It is a personailty type that would come up alot during such a conflict - hell, ANY conflict.

The caamasi for instance - look what happened to Elgos Akla (sp?)

Jacen is having to fight between waning to uphold the code of old, of peace, both normally and in negaotiations, but the need to defend himself and those he surrounds himself with - family, friends and the innocent.

It's a tough position to try and hold under the circumstances, and is actully an interesting insight into what many soldiers, past and present, may think.

I have a feeling he will die though, but not before showing the Yuzhan Vong, and indeed the Galactic Alliance, the ultimate truth of the Unifying Force....

I stopped reading all EU books in 1997 and I just started back with Vector Prime this past december. Right now I'm on "Edge of Victory I: Conquest" with only like 20 pages to go.

Jacen is DEFINATLY my least favorite character. I so wanna see his ass die. It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for me to start liking this lamer.

Inversely my favorite character is Anakin Solo. He's awsome.

Jacen is responsible for the deaths of billions. He could have ended the war at the very start but he didnt. Because of him not only was the Hapan fleet destroyed, but entire worlds were conquered by the Yuuzhan Vong. None of that ever would have happened if Jacen had died before Centerpoint.

He had a chance to end the war. He didnt take it. Entire worlds died because of him.

It's gonna take a whole lot more than him not being a chicken**** anymore to get me to change my opinion of him.

I had to do a "Hero Project" on a character from a novel which underwent a symbolic journey and transformed. Being the obsessive star wars fan that I am, I picked Jacen's journey in NJO: Traitor. While doing my research I finally started realizing truly how much change occured to Jacen's character. Vergere's ways, though disliked by some, made Jacen into the warrior that he was capable of becoming. Before the events of Star by Star I thought Jacen had been a cocky dumb-ass who was only getting in the way of Anakin. Upon completing Traitor I was amazed at how much potential Jacen now had. I have been a little dissapointed at the fact that Jacen hasn't done anything with his "Vong Sense" since the end of Destiny's Way. Hopefully the authors will sort out this "Force and Vong thing" soon enough..

Jacen is DEFINATLY my least favorite character. I so wanna see his ass die. It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for me to start liking this lamer.

Inversely my favorite character is Anakin Solo. He's awsome.

Hehe I think you will hate Star by Star....as

Anakin Solo dies

But you really need to read Traitor, Enemy Lines, and Destiny's Way to further appreciate how Jacen has changed. Sure, he sucks in the beginning, but later on he becomes more likeable (unlike Jaina, I swear if she utters anymore of that "goddess" crap someone will die! :mad: )

:D

Jacen is responsible for the deaths of billions. He could have ended the war at the very start but he didnt.

ended? hardly. That was one relatively small vong fleet, no important commanders or anything. ANd that was hardly the start. Anyway...just a thing...your fav character is dad but the "sissy" is still alive...something to thing about.

Originally posted by boinga1

ended? hardly. That was one relatively small vong fleet, no important commanders or anything. ANd that was hardly the start. Anyway...just a thing...your fav character is dad but the "sissy" is still alive...something to thing about.

better?

• 2 weeks later...

although ive only just gotten to know him. i think jacen is not worthy of death. jacen is obviously concerned about the issue of turning to the dark side to save the galaxy as any other normal person is. He is very strong in the force added to all of this. and the fact that he is responsible for many deaths. well consider this he also saved billions or more people...

note: i only know of his acts in "star by star"

I tried reading beyond Star By Star but I did not enjoy it at all. In fact, it started to seem more like a chore than a fun activity, I didnt really care what happened to anyone and I could always think of other things I'd rather be doing.

The NJO stopped being fun for me. So I quit. If that warrants pity, so be it. However, I feel I am better off now.

You are really missing out. Force Heritic develops Jacen into one of the best characters in NJO. Amazing really.

NJO very good now. The first couple of books are a chore to read with several with pathetic plotlines involving Han Solo trying to come to grips with Chewie's death that are pulled off miserably. (ryns...feh) I just wish they would use the inner circle more effectively...and where is Wedge?!?!?

Archived