Home

Should Jacen Solo be killed off?

*Darth Vega*

SE_Vader_536, you say my thoughts are screwed up?

Why? Because I don't enjoy the same books as you? Because when I don't like something I avoid it? I mean it's not like I'm allowed to have my own preferences....gee, what was I thinking?

If I don't like Star Wars I shouldnt talk about it....well, I DO like Star Wars. I've been a fan for a long time. I DON'T like the direction the New Jedi Order is going in. So I quit.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

There was no need for wedge. But they brought him in for the rebel stand books.

Sure, and there was no need in making 50+ new admirals and head commanders either, but after making him an integral character and showing him central to the plot by starting the inner circle etc they just dropped him off the map. WHERE IS HE?!?!? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE INNER CIRCLE?!?!? :o

With so many people writing the series loose ends are flung into the far reaches and are never touched again. It is a large disadvantage that has been displayed several times throughout NJO. The plot line will swing one direction and then in the next book take such a drastic change that it leaves the readers scratching their heads.

and I like Ryn :D

I fear for your soul and have added you to my daily prayers :p

Nah, don't kill him. No matter what you think of him, he's become an integral part of the SW EU. Just like Anakin Solo. Just like Chewie was.

That being said, no matter how you feel about Chewie's death, killing off main and long-time supporting characters as a plot device just to sell a book gets repetative. And it cheapens Chewie's death.

I think the basic direction of NJO is bold and interesting. But after killing off a second main character (Anakin), I began to see a pattern. Let's just stick with "major changes" instead of "dramatic deaths".

BTW, they won't be killing off either twin. It was in a Star Wars Insider interview and they were discussing anakin's death and would any character be safe. The author said that both twins were safe and were VERY central to the loose plotline the group had ironed out.

strange...i don't recall jacen killing billions of peeps...

[jedi voice]listen, my friend, do not presume to know of powers you cannot understand. the force is something greater than you, greater than all of us. if action risks turing to the dark side, than inaction is the best course of all.[/jedi voice]

Didnt you read Agents of Chaos? Jacen could have had the war ended right there. All the bloodshed after that is on his hands for refusing to defend the galaxy.

Jedi are gaurdians of the peace remember, he should have ended the war so peace could be spread throughout the galaxy, instead he chose war.

look at the time he had conflicting feelings about whether it was worth risking using the dark side so he felt he should be a jedi then. and in star by star he risked many lives yes but many other people in the new republic sacrificed more lives. jacen risked a couple lives to save many more. does that seem reasonable to you?

No. It doesnt. In Star By Star there was a commando team of Jedi at risk. A far cry from those billions who died because of what he did.

I wonder what the families of all those billions would think if they were told that their loved ones were killed because Jacen was having "conflicted feelings?"

I didn't like seeing Anakin killed off. The only reason I believe that he was sent to the chopping block was to prevent the name from being over used since Anakin Skywalker had become a central character in the prequel trilogy as NJO began.

I know that is a shot in the dark, but it creates a deflinate distinction between the OT and prequel fictions for the casual fan.

I think this was unfortunate though. Because when he was originally created, he seemed to be destined to be the most powerful of the Jedi kiddies. This too probably created too much duplication with Anakin Skywalker's Balance of the Force prophecy.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree... with anakins "lambent lightsaber" he could kill a lot more vong. jacen is a lil.... wimp..... dont flame me about that cuz i read traitor an all of that. right now i jes finished destiny's way... but i do agree... jacen did change from bein sucky too.... a lil not so sucky.... o by the way wats after destiny's way?

remember... jacen didnt allow anakin to fire centerpoint station. insted that friggin thrackan sal solo hadta fire it an wipe out nearly all of the hapan consortium or watever. soo.... in a way it is kinda jacens fault for killing the hapans, an for the war to be continuing....

Archived