Home

About Mods...

DC | Dark Luke

I don't play CS.

Anyways, there are lots of mods. Most of them are simply made for screwing around with silly stuff.

If you want to PLAY the game, as in "test your skill against other players, compete, practise and get better" you should stick with basejk (patch 1.04) although it's far from perfect.

Vulcanus admin mod is quite popular and does not screw up gameplay much if you're lucky, so you might want to get that.

Promod is awesome, but there aren't many servers running it. :(

I haven't tried all mods, but most of them (Jedimod etc.) concentrate on little midgets and/or giants swinging 2 double bladed sabers and doing various emotes like kissing and sitting etc.

They're fun and all I guess... but not suitable for someone who wants to play a game of "trying to beat the opponents".

If you're looking for a mod that changes, improves and adds depth to gameplay, try promod. It significantly upgrades the core gameplay imo. If you want admin options or eyecandy, try one of the others. Have fun! :)

For whatever reason, no one seems to play Promod, so that might not be your answer if you want to get better at dueling.

I suggest sticking at 1.04. This type of game play is about the same to the majority of mods out there.

Since CS is the most played mod for Half-Life, Vulcanus Admin Mod would be the closest thing JK2 has to CS, however, JK2 has no TC's as of yet, not for multiplayer anyways. AotC is appearently going multi & that's a TC somewhat, but nothing as drastic as CS.

Watch out for Duelers full somewhere around the end of the month, it should easily take over the JediPlus scene & we are hoping to give Vulcanus a run for it's money, although talking with Mars (Vulcanus coder), he doesn't really care if Duelers gets bigger than Vulcanus.

I think Duelers may end up getting more popular than Vulcanus, maybe not. If it does, it's somethign that won't happen right away, maybe a month or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Counter-Strike's popularity would be nearly impossible to duplicate just by making a clone of it for Jedi Outcast. However, there are a few mods I know of that take some inspiration from CS's player-controlled system and/or gameplay style:

Movie Battles

I believe Renegade mentioned that he thought his mod was somewhat like CS. It's round-based, but unlike CS there is a class system. The best thing about it is that there is a working beta release out ;).

Rebel Operations

We are working to be like CS insofar as letting players have the majority of control over their character instead of random number generators and whatnot. RO throws in some RPG elements as well. No release yet, but we do have a site and forums :o.

Archived