Home

Open Debate: Is RM dead? Are Secnarios keep GB alive? Debate here!

Ecks_Gecar

If you play on zone.com you must have heard of the theory RM is dieing out. Secnarios are being made more and played more.

Over the last half year RM popularity has thinned a bit.

DM popularity is practically extinct.

Games like TTC or RTBAM are completely gone.

Secnarios such as LITC City Build Fortress Blood Hero , Jedi, +Mech fest along with many others are taking over.

Many people have commented that RM can get boring after a while.

Others say RM is almost dead and that secnarios will keep people playing this game.

Also with Galaxies approaching SWGB will definitly be hurt.

Please place your comments:

Said it before... I'll say it again. Most scenarios are played by people who can't win in RM games. And the people who make them suck even worse at them and have to make ridiculously upgraded units to make the games super lopsided in their favor.

I have no clue what the hell a "life in the city" is... but it sure sounds stupid. not to mention a small percentage of people who play this game know anything about a big "city."

DM is kinda pointless... takes away a lot of the strategy.

TTC is okay. RTBAM? WTF is that?

The *fests are kinda lame...

I think RMs are alive and well... you just cant suck at it. You need to be halfway decent to be able to compete at a good level.

Ther are plenty of standard games left. Why would galaxies affect battlegrounds?! I thought it wasn't a strategy game. I have not noticed scenarios being played more and more to the point of threatening rm extincion. Term. commander is not exticnt, it's like rm so if you host it people will play eventually. Same with dm.

some scenarios are ok, like if you play them once and the lag which is in them doesn't crush them.im especially tired of games where the host can terminate you (with 32,000 hp fighters) if you fight or don't cooperate.

Standard game battlegrounds will continue and you will be able to play (if you aren't too picky) for a long time yet.

I'm concerned about the same setts for standard games, though. Desert for dm. Random land map-rm. And too many rooks only ,inters only games. i just would like to see more sea maps and anyone welcome maps.

I think SWG might affect SWGB a little, but like Vostok said, many won't be willing to pay monthly. I think games like Anarchy Online will be hurt more.

I also heard that the game is still very buggy. If they don't get it most of the bugs out, the game will expirence very low play until they fix it. The same happened to Anarchy Online when it first came out, but now it is fixed and is growing.

As for the RM, I wish I could be on the zone to play, but my dad doesn't want games on his new computer. Before I stopped playing, though, I did notice an increase in Scenario and reduction in RM. But I think it just kinda looked like this, and was not totally true. I think the fact that all the scenario players play in the RM rooms gives a sort of illusion to the reduction in RM.

Well, the game is still in Beta 2....... and if I paid for a subscription, I'm sure as h3ll gonna play it a lot more than a few hours on the weekend......

I've been trying to play some RMs because some of the scenarios are starting to suck now.

Archived