Home

§§§ Is the Software industry playing fair? §§§

Luc Solar

If you live in America wouldn't this violate some constitutional right? I think thats illegal to do so. It must be a myth.

Which? The right of privacy.. which noone cares about anyhow (media, TV, tabloids, nudge, nudge)?

Truth is, American, and many other peoples' rights, are being pretty much run over. Another example is that you can't marry whoever you want to marry. Welcome to the real world, comrade Democrat:).

I don't see what's wrong with not owning a game. It's just a way for them to prevent copying and piracy. Look, maybe they CAN take your game without further ado, but will they? Only if you do something wrong.

Long as they don't abuse that right, which they don't seem to do, it's fine with me.

Originally posted by ShadowTemplar

For example, I bought Ground Control & Dark Conspiracy with an on-disk manual. If I wanted a physical manual, I'd have to pay double or treple the price (and would even have to buy the expantion seperately).

Dark Conspiracy was distributed for free, either at the expense of Sierra or Massive. Someone ripped you off.

Dark Conspiracy was distributed for free, either at the expense of Sierra or Massive. Someone ripped you off.

I don't know if it was always free.

Off-topic:

I've played the GC campaign (all 30 missions, corps and OND) at least 3 times and I'd LOVE to get my hands on Dark Conspiracy (UK version). Do you know of any place I can download a copy? Can you upload it to your site or something, or do you have the American version?

It may have been included in newer Ground Control boxes, but it has always been free. I think I just misread his post.

I got mine online from Sierra, it was only compatible with the north america version of GC. I don't know if they made it compatible with other versions as well. I tried looking for a site that you get it from, but came up with nothing. The guys at the Massive message boards say that it's easy to get in the U.K. Maybe you could try ebay, I doubt it'd be more then $10. You could also probaly get it from me or someone else who has it, but I don't know if anyone here is gonna get all riled up about that.

Archived