Home

Level Up??

Carth Onassi

Is the level up scheme going to be like final fantasy where it gives you all your stats and you dont have to do anything with it after that.

Or is it going to be like NWN where you get to go in and choose the stuff that you want to have upgraded.

Does anyone know or is there a place I could find out. This has been bothering me for some time now

• 3 weeks later...

Level 20 cap?I don't think that will be possible...44 Force Powers means 22 of both side,so it'll probably be level 22.:D

Anyway,I guess we won't be content on 20 (miserable) levels,would we?

And besides,I hope it'll be a plain and simple exp-filling experience,just like D2.

Level 20 cap?I don't think that will be possible...44 Force Powers means 22 of both side,so it'll probably be level 22.

I'm not quite sure how things'll work, but I highly doubt that they'll use a system in which you gain one force power per level.

Anyway,I guess we won't be content on 20 (miserable) levels,would we?

I, for one, would be more than content with 20 levels. Think about it, if you can level up about 99 times, will it really feel like an accomplishment each time you gain a level?

Plus, the game uses the ruleset created by WotC, in which Level 20 is the highest level one can reach. (I believe the only one who reached it was Master Yoda)

And besides,I hope it'll be a plain and simple exp-filling experience,just like D2.

If by D2, you mean Diablo 2, then I think we both have a different view on what we want the game to be :)

Well,no offense,but I don't think I'll be content with 20 levels,not counting the WoTC SW RPG.For one,I've never played that,and all other RPG's I've played make a level 20 player a weak one,so please forgive my crudeness.I'd anytime prefer level 45 or 48,because the games I play make those levels a really strong one.

Yeh,you're right about that.Every time you level up you get to choose a force power,or improve on one you already have,so it makes for lots of replayablity.I for one,want to be a fully-fledged Jedi Guardian Jedi Knight.

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

Well,no offense,but I don't think I'll be content with 20 levels,not counting the WoTC SW RPG.For one,I've never played that,and all other RPG's I've played make a level 20 player a weak one,so please forgive my crudeness.I'd anytime prefer level 45 or 48,because the games I play make those levels a really strong one.

If the cap is lvl 20 then that will be the most powerful level. So you shouldn't care that there is no level 45 if the games lvl 20 is the equivalent power-wise.

Level 20 cap?I don't think that will be possible...44 Force Powers means 22 of both side,so it'll probably be level 22

The force powers won't be split in half. There will be some that both sides can use as well.

I pretty sure bet Lvl. 20 is the highest one, as it conforms to normal D20 rules...

Also, I think having characters with Level 349 and about 7 million hitpoints is dumb...

Why no just take a smaller scale where the math is do-able without a calculator? :)

i am looking forward to the rule set and the skill level 20 being the highest, its easier to count and do the math. plus if you stay in the middle of the force spectrum, which will be very hard to do, cant you have access to at least 35 force powers, meaning you could most likely go up 2 force powers per level in some cases.?

Originally posted by Com Raven

I pretty sure bet Lvl. 20 is the highest one, as it conforms to normal D20 rules...

Also, I think having characters with Level 349 and about 7 million hitpoints is dumb...

Why no just take a smaller scale where the math is do-able without a calculator? :)

What really pissed me off in NWN is when I realized that after reaching lvl 20, there was no point at all at playing with this char again. What do I mean? Simple. Once you get those 20 lvlup, you will likely have good items, and if you built your char correctly, you will be quite unstopable (except for boss fight or crazy DM).

Back in D2, lvl 99 is really hard to get, so you can enjoy the game longer.

Ok, I know. If you reached this level and that amount of hit points, thats overplay. But, when you actually kill baddies, you know that you get xp, and thats the point of RPGs.

Personnally, I get no fun at all in killing baddies without receiving ne xp . lvl 20 comes waaaay to fast. lvl30 (like IWD2) would be more appropriate...

Originally posted by Darth54

Ok, I know. If you reached this level and that amount of hit points, thats overplay. But, when you actually kill baddies, you know that you get xp, and thats the point of RPGs.

Actually, I personally don't believe that's the point of RPGs. In my (most humble) opinion, the point of RPGs is to (as the name says) play a role. To simply play a different character, using his skills except for mine. Gaining XP to gain levels is more of a fun sidestory, but I would rather see my character advance in the story, rather than in levels. Plus, it's always fun to see how different a game is when you've first played it with a fighting character, and afterwards with a stealthy character.

But I guess that everyone has his own vision of what a RPG is all about :)

Personnally, I get no fun at all in killing baddies without receiving ne xp . lvl 20 comes waaaay to fast. lvl30 (like IWD2) would be more appropriate...

Having never really played the SP campaign to its full potential, I can't really comment on that. I have heard that the game is pretty easy to reach level 20. I personally hope that folks at Bioware have learned their lesson, and that reaching level 20 will be more of an accomplishment in KotR. After all, everyone'll get their share of the fun that way :D

I've never palyed NWN, but I liked how Diablo II worked. You could select a new spell/ability with every level and it was possible to get a lot of low ones, or focus on a certain area.

I know nothing of WotC, but I'd prefer to have more levels and more force powers/abilities, etc.

Originally posted by ultimaster

I've never palyed NWN, but I liked how Diablo II worked. You could select a new spell/ability with every level and it was possible to get a lot of low ones, or focus on a certain area.

I know nothing of WotC, but I'd prefer to have more levels and more force powers/abilities, etc.

There will be plenty of force powers and the 20 levels should be enough. There was no lack of abilities and powers in NWN. The important thing is how Bioware designs how you choose your abilities and powers through those 20 levels.

They seem to do a good job of that ;)

what if you got to level 20 and you focused all of you energy to making one of your force powers really strong or you focused on only destructive force powers and you never recieved the others. will you have to live with only the ones you gained and forget about the others that you never got or never powered up????:confused:

Originally posted by coolio681

what if you got to level 20 and you focused all of you energy to making one of your force powers really strong or you focused on only destructive force powers and you never recieved the others. will you have to live with only the ones you gained and forget about the others that you never got or never powered up????:confused:

Don't do that. ;)

I imagine if you make it to level 20 there will be more than enough points to become an expert at more than one power.

Archived