Home

Monkey Island 400!!! Hurray!!! Hurrah!!!

After the wonderful Monkey Island 399: Wally's Disease, I have reason to believe LucasArts Entertainment Company is planning a Monkey Island 400, under the possible names of:

The Prostitute of Monkey Island

The Evil Mutant Cheese Pancake of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 400: The Unpredictable Return of LeChuck

If you have any rumors about this long-awaited episode of the series, please post them below. Because I like to read rumors. It gives me pleasure.

Monkey Island 136: The Lost Banana, was by far the best one, much better with the killer robots, although i got a little lost in the 'sim island' part of it, were you meant to make a boat with interl;ight extentions, or take the sausages from the townspeople as thanks. (oh, and xElaineMarleyx, don't worry, we're just goofing around, just go with it.):D

Riiiiiiiiiiight........ :vamp1:

Am I the only sane one here? :rofl:

I would love it if they brought out Monkey Island comic books though, because we have this shop near me (in the UK) where they import American comic books so us British comic book fans can buy them!!! :D

It would be seriously cool though, seeing all my fave characters from all the MI's in a comic book... *:):D HINT HINT!!! :D:)*

Originally posted by brief

Bah. Monkey Island 234 was the best, in my book. Roll around town as Murray, terrorizing the neighborhood...

*sigh* Good times.

it was okay, but the duck pirate chase sequence was a little overdone, don't you think?

Honestly, you people have no taste! Obviously you all missed 'Monkey Island 1 : Elaine's Revenge'!!! That one was a classic... Run round as Elaine, slap Guybrush countless times, beat up LeChuck, tease Wally... And that music sequence when Elaine sings about her secret love for LeChuck? That was AMAZING!!! Who agrees?!?! :);):D

I think she meant Monkey Island Zero, the supposed prequel to the Monkey Island series.

It had no involvement of any of the original creators, and they couldn't even get most of the voice actors back for the dubbing (which was the main reason they used the prequel premise--the actors could be younger and not sound like the established characters we know and love). Therefore, MI0 is typically considered not part of the Monkey Island proper continuity.

It's nothing but a glorified fan-fic, if you ask me. I mean, who would believe that Elaine has any kind of romantic feelings towards LeChuck? Sure, she liked him, in that annoying-neighbor kind of way... but anything beyond that is just plain blasphemy.

You people are crazy! Monkey Island 174: [insert Cleaver title here] was by far the best in the series! I was impressed by the new ability to liquidate any character who gives you a hard time (asta' la'vista, Cabana boy!)

I was deeply saddened though, when I discovered that there were no explodable toothpicks. Those stupid censors! They ruin everything! They even cut out the "razor-blade shooting hair-dryer" sequence! Rightious morons! I mean, what evil could possibly come from exposing young children to brutal scenes of torture and homicide at an early age? I didn't think so.

Originally posted by Mr.Lukie

You people are crazy! Monkey Island 174: [insert Cleaver title here]

Monkey island 174: Attack of the giant cleaver! sorry, ahd to say that.

also, porky, they can't have confirmed MI 401, 400 hasn't even been created yet (check the first post, this may all be nonsense, but by god, we're gonna have continuity!)

and Brief, i think what you refer to as MI0 hasn't actually got a number to it. it is actually called Monkey Island: before they were famous, which is of course has referances to Monkey Island 234: Systematic Sampling and Monkey Island 376: The Sound of Monkeys (wake up sleepy jean)

Did anyone ever actually get a chance to play "Monkey Island 135: Yarr, thur be munkeys in them thur hulls?"

I heard it was pretty rare, since it was only ever produced for an obscure format of CD which gave terrabytes of storage in a tiny tiny disk made from paper treated with special chemicals. Sadly, I've heard no known copies survive, since those chemicals had a tendency to burst into flames when exposed to oxygen. As I understand though, it was easily the biggest and best looking and sounding Monkey Island game ever.

i think my friend had it (god rest his soul). all i know is that they heard the boom three miles away. pity really, but i think they're bringing it out in budget for a price of £60 for 12 disks to play it off of. it apperently has good graphics and sound with 4D elements.

There WAS a sequel - Monkey Island 007: Monkeys Are Forever. It had a bunch of Full Throttle type driving sequences, and Guybrush had a gadget equipped reversible Leather Jacket, so he could pose as either a leather jacket salesman or a flooring inspector, in his quest to stop Lehuck from using a giant miror on Monkey Island to melt the worlds polar icecaps, thus forcing more people to use boats that he could pirate.

Yes, but Monkey Island 007: Monkeys Are Forever was a complete rip off of Monkey Island 234: The World is not a Monkey as they both took on the story line of lechuck trying to kill guybrush with a laser aimed at guybrushes crotch.

Archived