Home

Monkey Island 400!!! Hurray!!! Hurrah!!!

I also like Monkey Island 54: Boldly going where no monkeys have gone before! in which Guybrush takes control of a star ship with a strange tendancy to de-pressurise without warning.

After recycling countless storylines, crashing into strangly common planets, being attacked by terribly unconvincing aliens and delivering morals that make no sense at all, Guybrush's little trek ubruptly ends when he orders Ensign Wally to "air the place out".

Ooh ooh ooh! Another good one was the one where you got to go on a mad rampage as LeChuck and annoy everyone.... That big insult fight against Guybrush was good too, but Timmy was annoying when he kept on coming in and lobbing banana bombs at you.... Blast that adorable/annoying/evil/innocent/gorgeous/underestimated/sweet little monkey!

I have great news. Lucasfilms are producing a brand new film. it's called "The adventures of Timmy the Monkey". it's all about guybrush's monkey who gets himself into funny little scrapes all of the time. it'll be hilariouse.

Yes, but Monkey Island 007: Monkeys Are Forever was a complete rip off of Monkey Island 234: The World is not a Monkey as they both took on the story line of lechuck trying to kill guybrush with a laser aimed at guybrushes crotch.

Uh, there's just one tiny thing that you have wrong;

You said that Monkey Island 007 was a rip-off of Monkey Island 234, but that can't be - Monkey Island 007 was produced before Monkey Island 234. Lol, don't take that offensively or anything... :dev11:

Aren't we forgetting Monkey Island 396: Figure out the script another day, where Guybrush gets captured by the cannibals for 14 agonising months where he endures sculpting, the eating of exotic foods, puzzle solving and the occasoinal brutal torture... blah, blah, blah! The Cannibals then trade him for a few marbles and a copy of,"Homo-sapien recipes for the lactose intolerant". He then goes on a mission of revenge which is filled with action, thrills, Fruit juice, monkeys and women.... don't tell Elaine about that last part.... can you edit that.... no?.... uh... sorry Guybrush.

Originally posted by Mr.Lukie

Aren't we forgetting Monkey Island 396: Figure out the script another day, where Guybrush gets captured by the cannibals for 14 agonising months where he endures sculpting, the eating of exotic foods, puzzle solving and the occasoinal brutal torture... blah, blah, blah! The Cannibals then trade him for a few marbles and a copy of,"Homo-sapien recipes for the lactose intolerant". He then goes on a mission of revenge which is filled with action, thrills, Fruit juice, monkeys and women.... don't tell Elaine about that last part.... can you edit that.... no?.... uh... sorry Guybrush.

Didn't you find out about the secret ending of that one? At the end, Elaine comes in to save Guybrush and spots him on that hammock with those jungle girls? Oh my god, the look on his face was a classic!!! And the whole part where you have an insult fight with Elaine? That's cool too. Oh, and that wasn't a rumour- I bought the game! :D

I also like Monkey Island X: The Truth is Standing Right Behind You, where Guybrush and Elaine are sent to investigate the brutal killing of a Cabana boy by a seemingly harmless toadstool. After thoroghly examining the crime scene, Guybrush jumps to the conclusion that it is the work of the living dead who are on a mission to stalk celebrities. Elaine just thinks that it's a whole bunch of crap that they shouldn't care less about. The twist really comes when Asisstant director A.D Murrey tells them they're off the case and they should lift him up so he can bite them. This is a game that asks the question; What the hell was that?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where i can get the PWD remake of Monkey Island 62: 'Guybrush hits puberty' (the 2nd version)?

I saw some screenshots of it, and whilst i'm not a big fan of 7D Graphics, i thought it looks pretty amazing...

i think LEC Q&E version 72.6 should let you do that, although you're goiong to have to get the scummVM89.32 addon as well as directX20 and VDMSound delux. on top of that you'll need the downloadable FRIG software and DRIFTY in order to make them work.

still can't get monkey island 354 to work, it keep freexing whenever i try to make guybrush sing for pennies in the middle of town wearing a mongoose suit.

We can't forget Monkey Island 77: The Monkeys are Listening. I mean, LeChuck's Skeletal Horde replaced by undead monkeys? Oh yeah. A great end to the two villains brought out in MI 52: Crouching Monkey Hidden Chicken and MI 33: MonkeyCraft-FoodWar.

MI 77 was a welcome relief from MI76: Dark Monkey II: Monkey Outcast, the first person shooter. While other genres are fine, Monkey Island doesn't strike me as a first person shooter game. While the weapon arsonal was impressive (muskets, swords, rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle, exploding coconuts, and portable cannons), and the voodoo powers were useful (voodoo doll, voodoo push, voodoo grip, voodoo lightning, and of course, voodoo mind trick), I would have preferred more puzzles and fewer stormmonkeys.

Though even this was better than the dreaded MI100.

what are you talking about, MI100: Command and Conk-out, Red Monkey was the best, a strategy game where you take a load of monkeys across terrains of skelatal hordes and build monkey barracks along with the hand of Smod! the only one better was MI101: Command and Conk out, Tiberian Bun!

I was referring to the version of MI100 Porky brought up about the Giant Monkey. But I agree, Red Monkey was awesome. My favorite units were the dairy farmers and cows. They were the best to get rid of the chicken-pulley horde on the "Chicken Zone" mission, the second most challenging mission next to Monkey Battlegrounds.

I especially like the joke on Tiberian Bun about the weasles in the applesause. lol!

weasles in the applesauce, only a joke like that could come out of the genius mind of ron gilbert. good thing he decided to come back for that one, who'd have thought the entire guybrush being a kid things was actually the scupulouse tales of an underwater wombat bent on crushing the imaginatios of little chldren everywhere.

Wombats are so cool. Remember the Nice Ol' Wombat on Wombat Island in MI-7: Wally's Adventure?

Monkey Kart was good, though I can't believe they wouldn't let you choose just a regular monkey to play. What's up with that? Though I did enjoy playing Murray. I liked how he drove his kart with his teeth. That was cool.

murray was fun, but it was annoying after a while when he kept blurting out mindless comments that were fun at first but a bit repetitive after a while, i mean what the hell was "come on ye harties, rev up the mat gear!" 0.o

Archived