Home

Error on stormtrooper armor

BJP3E

ok so I am a little slow to spot this

I found an error on the stormtrooper armor. Namely on the helmet. I happened to be looking at a JK poster while playing in SP when I noticed the two grey squares on the back side of the helmets. These are not on the helemts in the game, odd?

well I was looking at the poster and had just shot a ST making him do a swan dive into a pool of nasty water so so I saw the back of his helemt and realized something was not right and poof they are missing those two decals on the rear of the helmets

Not only the missing decals, but if you notice the armor stretches as they turn... like clothing. They also act just like a bot, strafing, and crouch walking waaay too much. Atleast stormtroopers acted like stormtroopers in JK1 and DF (even though they were really stupid, but hey, they're stoormies :)) and not like a multiplayer bot given a stormtrooper skin.

I have not the armor ever stretch other than the black part if thats what you mean? its cloth so it should stretch.... I could bring up another goof as far as their necks also. a good example is in ANH when luke and han put the gear on and you see the necks are ribbed. but they are not in the game

From that pic, it is hard to tell if it is a decal, or if it's some sort of grid to let air in/out, speak, etc, or if it is a bar code which is also a decal anyway. Such a small detail that they missed it.

In Raven's defense, however, maybe the imperial remnant's funding for stormies was decreased because of the reborn and shadow trooper project so they discontinued the decals and wanted the stormies remain uniform so they made them all the same.;)

Was it there in JK1?

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

Not only the missing decals, but if you notice the armor stretches as they turn... like clothing. They also act just like a bot, strafing, and crouch walking waaay too much. Atleast stormtroopers acted like stormtroopers in JK1 and DF (even though they were really stupid, but hey, they're stoormies :)) and not like a multiplayer bot given a stormtrooper skin.

they do this because there is no way to keep them from doing this short of creating Shrek level detail. and you KNOW there is no way for your computer to handle that. and for the ribbed necks, they did not include that becuase that creates unnecissary pixels, and 2. does it really matter?!

Good point. Armor from ancient times could put up with that.... sometimes. Oddly enough, the stormie armor can sometimes(no armor is perfect) take explosions and blaster shots. Maybe they're specifically designed for heat and laser blasts. Maybe, they've never encountered enemies with pointy objects lol.

Archived