Knights of the Old Republic vs Star Wars Galaxies

Pseudonym

Chose  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Chose

• KotOR
    • SWG

KoToR...

Unless you have a top notch PC, broadband (600kB), £40 for initial outlay and £15 p.month after that.. NAH!

Would be sweet, but too much hassle.

KoToR will give all galaxy can, slightly differently maybe, but still rock.

Although I will miss the opportunoity to own my own B-Wing....

Because it bears repeating:

I don't feel like paying a sh/tload of money so I can play a game I haven't even got the time for.

Way to go LucasArts and Blizzard. But I've no doubt they'll make money on it.

KotOR.

-C'

Nobody is looking forward to SWG? Or are the ones that voted just afraid to post?

Think about the sentimental value. You can sit in a Cantina all day and when somebody comes within five feet you bring out the great bar fight convo. Of course since the other player will have no idea what you're doing at first it will more or less likely go

"Hey, I don't like you."

"What?"

::points to a random guy:: "He doesn't like you either."

"um ok, do you got a phat lightsaber I can have?"

"You better be careful, we're wanted men."

"really? can I group with you?"

"You'll be dead!"

And thus proceed to shoot him with a blaster rifle since there will be no Obi Wan to save him from the pointless wrath...good times...

Well when Galaxies comes out I will do anything to pay for it. This is like my dream comes true int he Star Wars universe. To actually control your onw destiny, do quests, hunt down people become a Jedi and numerous things. I've always wanted to do that. So I've changed my mind... Galaxies is what I'm waiting for. :D

I'm looking forward to both games and I have a reserve ticket for SWG laying right on my comp desk.

I want KOTOR because:

Neverwinter Nights was the shiznatch--Kotor is made by Bioware. I've always been interested in roleplaying in a setting with tons of jedi, should be very entertaining. If you've watched the trailer for kotor you'll see that the saber combat is actually realistic (i wish jk2 combat was like that..*sigh*). I want to roleplay a jedi

I want SWG because:

Like RebornOutcast said, I've always wanted to be apart of the glorious Star Wars Universe, I want to have a destiny, I want to explore worlds! *gets very geeky and continues rambling*

I always thought it would be awesome to do anything in the Star Wars Universe. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, a big EU fan and I worked out a way to pay for the monthly fee of SWG, I'm getting this game :D

I don't like monthly fees either. And is it really going to be $15 a month? I can handle $10 or less, but $15 is getting kind of up there. :(

Although running those servers does cost a lot of money. All those Half-Life, UT2003, and BF1942 servers you play on are being paid for be someone. And an MMORPG like SWG take a beaucoup amount of resources to host a server; I doubt regular people would be able to afford it or afford the technology to host them, so the company has to host them and needs money to keep them running.

Archived