Home

WIP: Eeth Koth

PerfectJamie

i tihnk jamie should jsut get help releasing it, he can improve later, as ive said before im glad someones doing it :D and besides, we dont know what it will look like in game till it skinned :D

i meant rebel could help "fitting" it to the jk skeleton

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie, the model looks great.

The polycount in JKII is :

LOD 1 500

LOD 2 1500

LOD 3 3000

But like my Snake model you can get higher. There is really no way in hell you can go over the polycount. The only reason people make models under the LOD3 is because most PC's aren't that good and it's too hard on there's.

I say, release it when people say it's done. As an artist, you will NEVER feel that it is good yet. Look at Snake (http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/1.jpg , http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/2.jpg)

I belive there is way more I can do on him, but everyone on the modding scene (UT QIII JKII MP HL ect ect ect) say's it's the best model of him ever. But I can't leave him alone! LOL :D

So release it when you get some people that say it's done.

I hope this helps and once again, GREAT work on the model :D

Nah i don't think it needs to be released right now, I still think this model needs more or a lot more work on it in order for it to be released. I still needs more detail and texturization and all of that stuff. So Jamie if you are going to give it to someone to model or skin it, choose a good modeler.;)

Originally posted by PerfectJamie

well, I made my choice......I will compeletly redo him from scratch

:eek: from, from scratch? Wow that is a big jumb for this model. I hope you know what you are going to do. I wish you good luck with the model you are going to redo. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of starting from scratch, why not use an existing model, such as Mace Windo (with the modellers permission, of course) and modify it by adding the horns, and adjusting the clothing, and the head shape etc to get a good likeness?

That way, you 'll have the proportions worked out, and it will be a short project, rather than a long, daunting one.

As you get more practice, you'll improve and the proportions will become second nature.

:D

Well, use one of the ANH Obi Wan models as a base. It was the concept, not the actual model that I was trying to get across.

So maybe take the Obi Wan torso & legs, and the Windu head and weld them together, if that's viable (again, asking permission from both modellers). Bung some horns on, tweak the mesh here and there....

> i tihnk ben kenobi is too... fat for eeth...???

So, you use your modelling program to thin him down. The big criticism of the Eeth Koth is that the proportions were all wrong. If you start with a well proportioned model as a base, and then tweak it with the clothes, accessories, fatness/thinness etc you'll get a lot further a lot quicker.

> jp-30... would you skin it if he could get it unwrapped?

Yeah. I said I would have a go at the last (abandoned) version in the Skinning Forum thread.

Archived