Home

node without a volume??

EK-sama

Okay so my map keeps not compiling - and looking at the junk.txt I found this error

"node without a volume

node has 1 tiny portals

node reference point 888.31 1201.42 209.20"

I uh...don't know what this means or what I should do to solve it - the error "solution" I found was to use the "find brush command" or to compile again in novis - neither of which found the troublesome brush. help plz/thx!

~EK-sama

You got the reference point. Load up your map in Radiant and go to the given coordinates. There has to be a very little area. Definetely no a brush, just an area with several brushes around it but not from all sides as I think. The message says it's too tiny so it is. :) You should probably fill it up with structural brush(es).

so I go to those coordinates, (assuming they are x,y,z respectivley) and well there is nothing there, as in I'm not using that area for my map.

Here is a breakdown.

I have a previous version of my map that compiles fine, I go to change my light sources, They were only placed for working visibilty - now I want to change them (color placement etc) to make the map look better. it is only after I do this that the error comes up. Why would the light sources have to do with my structure - taken that the error I'm recieving involves structure issues?

Hmm... interesting. Take my above post as suggestion, I've never seen the message you posted.

If you changed only the lights...

Do you still have the two versions? If you want, you can take a look on them in a special way. Compile each (this requires that you give them different names) with BSP only. I hope you use GtkRadiant unless this has no sense. So, after BSP-ing (without VIS and LIGHT) you can use the portal viewer plugin to see if there is a portal at the given coordinates in your problematic version, and you can take a look at the normal version to see the difference.

• 10 years later...
Okay so my map keeps not compiling - and looking at the junk.txt I found this error

"node without a volume

node has 1 tiny portals

node reference point 888.31 1201.42 209.20"

I uh...don't know what this means or what I should do to solve it - the error "solution" I found was to use the "find brush command" or to compile again in novis - neither of which found the troublesome brush. help plz/thx!

~EK-sama

ur problem is u have clipped something and left faces exposed, thus creating a portal. find whatever it is u have clipped, and re brush the face of the clip with structual brushes, not detail. that should solve your mapping problem. hope this helps.

Archived