Home

The POLL about Jedi Knight 3

Sarafan Raziel

Would you like Kyle's death in Jedi Knight 3?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Kyle's death in Jedi Knight 3?

• YES! His tale is over - it's time for someone else!!
    • Yes, but at the very end of JK3
    • No, but I don't want him to be in the plot anymore
    • No, but he shouldn't be the main character anymore
    • NO! NEVER! He's alright!

Why can't we see the kids?

We could have a different set of missions for each:

• Jaina's hotheadedness would be a more direct confrontational set of levels
  • Anakin's abaility with all things technical could wield some interesting routes - rewiring droids, bypassing systems etc
  • Jacens quiter manner would lead to stealth and trying to avoid confrontation at all costs. Even in battle, a calm style.

Would be sweet....

I think that Kyle become too old. I'd like someone compleetly new, and pehaps dark...

I never liked Luke Skywalker - I liked Darth Vader:D

lukeskywalker1 where did you learned that Kyle has gray hair in JKIII?

Using plots and characters from books entitled STAR WARS would make the game more interesting.

The Dark Forces story is Kyle Katarn's story. He has to be involved in there somewhere. Even in Mysteries of the Sith you played as him for a bit, and the point of the game afterwords was to find Kyle. So he definitely shouldn't die, but he doesn't have to be the main character as we've seen. The child or padawan of Kyle idea is a possibility though. I like the idea of a new character, but as I said before, Katarn should be involved(father, mentor, something) as the Dark Forces series is his story.

And secondly...

STOP SAYING KYLE IS OLD

Kyle Katarn is not old, especially for the Star Wars universe. Let's just pick an age at random, alright. 34 sound good, do all you youngens think that's old enough? Think you can stay with me here? 34 minus 8 years, takes us back to Return of the Jedi, so Kyle would have been 26 at the time. 26 minus 4 more years takes us back to A New Hope, and the original Dark Forces when Kyle stole the Death Star plans. So Kyle would have been 22 at that time, which fits with the description of Katarn being a "young mercenary". So Katarn is what, 34, maybe 36 at most. I'm sure most of the 30 year old and older users here on LucasForums wouldn't appreciate you calling them "old" and "ancient"...:D

Oh, and also. Anyone basing their entire theory that Kyle is old because he has a few grey hairs, guess what? Grey hair don't mean sh|te. I have a friend who's 22, he's starting to go grey. I have an uncle who's been completely grey since he was 25. Morgan Katarn, Kyle's father, was grey in the holo-vid in Jedi Knight, the one that was made just before Kyle went to the Academy. Morgan most likely wasn't that old when it was made, seeing as Kyle was only about 16 or 17. So it's just something he inherited from his father.

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

So Katarn is what, 34, maybe 36 at most. I'm sure most of the 30 year old and older users here on LucasForums wouldn't appreciate you calling them "old" and "ancient"...:D

I'm 35, and I feel ancient. ;)

That aside, you're right, Starblazer. If you read the illustrated novels based on the games, Kyle has not long left the Imperial Academy on Carida before he becomes a rebel and raids Danuta for the Deathstar plans. So very early 20's would be about right at the time of ANH...similar to Luke Skywalker, incidentally. And I see no one saying that Luke is too old. Kyle and Luke are probably separated by a year or two, which makes them both early to mid 30's in JO.

Anyway, I voted NO for Kyle being killed off. I think after saving the galaxy time and again he deserves a happier ending...but I agree that he probably should not remain the key focus in this series of games. Why? Because there are only so many times a particular person can save the galaxy, IMHO.

I'd like to see a completely new character or two introduced in the next game, and carry the torch from there. I'd hate to see any of the established SW characters - particularly those from the films - appear as a main character in this series. There are other stories to be told in the SW universe, instead of digging up Luke, Leia and Han yet again. For one thing, we already know their stories and adventures through the EU fiction, and it's bound to be restrictive using those characters. For example, if you want to play as Luke...you now have to trawl through all the EU fiction about him and try to fit a story inbetween everything else - and if you just ignore the EU, you'll really annoy a lot of die-hard SW fans. Just look at how people picked apart MotS because Mara Jade appeared in it... *shudders at the thought*

No...we need new characters, new and original stories and plotlines...IMHO...

No, but he shouldn't be the main character anymore. I think we should hear of some other Expanded Universe character, and not Luke or Leia. Maybe some of the Solo-kids, as nova_wolf pointed out! I think it should be a whole new kind of game.

You start as a Padawan and slowly learned the ways of the force (and the lightsabre ;)). And then... Someone, who know what I mean?

Originally posted by {MGS}Echuu

You start as a Padawan and slowly learned the ways of the force (and the lightsabre ;)). And then... Someone, who know what I mean?

you may not be familar with the series. in jedi knight, mots, and jedi outcast, you start off with no or nearly no force and work your way up. PLEASE, NOT ANOTHER OF THESE!!

Originally posted by boinga1

you may not be familar with the series. in jedi knight, mots, and jedi outcast, you start off with no or nearly no force and work your way up. PLEASE, NOT ANOTHER OF THESE!!

[sarcasm]Oh I really didn't know. Thank you for telling me boinga1[/sarcasm]

Thank you boinga1, but I've the game and have completed the single two times, so I know very well!

he had a few grey hairs on the back of his head, that would mean he is older than 40, and i think luke is about 30 in JKII...so kyle couldnt be 30, u can tell he is older than luke.

how i figured luke was 30 in JKII

in episode 4 luke was 18

in episode 5 luke was 21

in episode 6 luke was 22

JKII is 10 years after return if the jedi

so luke would be 32 years old

kyle is cool but i just got tired of playing him.

I agree with StormHammer that there should be compleetly new character to "carry the torch" - not Luke and not anyone already known.

I didn't mean that Kyle is old - it was a metaphor to his tale... My opinion is that Kyle's destiny should reach a sudden conclusion!

And one more thing: NO MORE SAVING THE GALAXY!!! It's so invented :fett: !!

Nah, Kyle's a good EU character in my book. Who cares how old he is!!?? How old was Kenobi when he took on Vader? (he lost yes, but thats not my point:p )

They should keep Kyle, and besides the I like the added touch of grey hair, and his beard is AWESOME!!!!!:D

<------------------------------------- Must I post my thoughts on the man or what? I don't care if he's old. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are awesome and they were in their 60s (in SW universe at least)

*** If you want someone new, it would need to be a new series. The JK series is Kyle's story afterall. (iyou people who just hopped on the bandwagon with JO... :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes: )

By the way, after much research and some time after a Geometry test, I had stumbled upon exactly how old Kyle is!

Joins Academy at 18

Leaves Service upon graduation at 22

Is a mercenary for a while and begins the DT project at 27

Begins his search for Jerec at 32

Turns to the Darkside on Dromuund Kaas at 37.

Begins his search for Desann at 41.

How old is Jan, that's what I wanna know! Few years younger than Kyle, no doubt. She looks VERY young in the original DF...

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

he had a few grey hairs on the back of his head, that would mean he is older than 40,

Hmmm...ever hear of Jonathan Edwards...you know, the World Record holder at Triple Jump? He had quite a few grey hairs in his early 30's. :) All I'm saying is, you don't just go grey after 40...

With everything Kyle's been through, I'm surprised he has any hairs left. :D

Anyway...according to the info-screen at startup, JKII is set 8 years after the Battle of Endor (ROTJ) not 10. ;)

Originally posted by Katarn07

By the way, after much research and some time after a Geometry test, I had stumbled upon exactly how old Kyle is!

Joins Academy at 18

Leaves Service upon graduation at 22

Is a mercenary for a while and begins the DT project at 27

Begins his search for Jerec at 32

Turns to the Darkside on Dromuund Kaas at 37.

Begins his search for Desann at 41.

Do you have a source to back that up? Because according to the novelisation Soldier For The Empire, Kyle defects nearly immediately after leaving the Academy, and goes straight into retrieving the plans for the Deathstar, which according to the official timeline takes place between -1 to 0 years prior to the events in ANH. By my calculations (if you're right about when he left the Academy) Kyle should be 23 going after the Deathstar plans...then add 4 to ROTJ and another 8 to Jedi Outcast...making him all of 35...

:confused:

Originally posted by StormHammer

Anyway...according to the info-screen at startup, JKII is set 8 years after the Battle of Endor (ROTJ) not 10. ;)

No, it says 9 years after defeat of Jerec, which was one year after RotJ, whcih is therefore... 10 years. I may have the startup worng. I don't play JO often...

Archived