Home

HiveRougie

I personally have no qualms with this version at all. I heard there were issues with backstab/slash and dfa being too good, but that's what you get when you listen to Padawans all the time.

I actually 'tried' the latest version (1.4) and it was absolutely...horrible >_<

It felt like the whole game physics had been changed. This is not so far from the truth, as imho, version 1.4 has nerfed Jk2.

Not going to go into deep explanations for that decision other than 30 minutes of saying "Gah!" when I try to slash and my saber does some strange deflect-turny-swoosh thing.

After playing 1.2 for 3-4 months, I have to say. I wouldn't keep 1.4 if it was the last version on earth. Nerfed nerfed nerfed...GAH!

*Goes to take a skinny dip in magma to cleanse self of version 1.4*

Thx for your undivided attentions :rolleyes:

I loved 1.02 when the game first came out. IMO the only thing that really needed to be fixed was the DFA collision box (can't remember all the other bugs). Apart from that, everything else was good. I like that the blue absorb glow changed in later versions, but only because I didn't like having a constant glow around me.

The funny thing was, some people were complaing about everything being unbalanced mere days after the game was released. I mean, they didn't even try to learn how to counter stuff.

I don't mind 1.04 though, if only because it fixed the pull/backstab epidemic in 1.03. I could stand some more saber damage, however.

Originally posted by Jeff 42

Oh yeah, getting killed by a DFA when the lightsaber was in the ground was so great. :rolleyes:

It is better then hacking at someone back only to be blocked time and time again. This is the buggy blocking system they created for crap players.

The sabers are weak as hell, which forces some admins to change damage. What's the result of this? Every server is running different settings.....yay!

Perhaps you like the fact that every problem was double fixed for no reason? Pull Backstab was a problem so lets nerf BOTH instead of one or the other......yay Lucas way to solve a problem!

Perhaps you enjoy the weak force powers, like the useless drain, or maybe the nerfed grip. Noobs tend to like weaker abilities so they can run around pretending to be a jedi for a longer period of time.

The heavy stance duels in 1.02 was horrible and even more odd looking than those in 1.04.

The good things about 1.02 was that medium stance (yellow) required abit more skill 2 use and that saber combat was better suited for ctf than 1.04.

The bad ting about 1.02 was the heavy stance duels which looked like crap and it was all about timing, it still is in 1.04 but not as much as in 1.02.

Im an FFA duel player and I prefer longer and cooler saber combats than easier frags in normal FFA or ctf.

If an expansion will b released, I hope raven make 2 different saber adaptions, 1 for duels and ffa, and 1 for CTF

Most people say this about 1.04 - Saber duels look cool!

Yup all image and no substance. The players are slower, the stances are slower. The blocking is easy and the sabers are weak.

Someone above even whined that it was all about timing. Proof that 1.04 n00bed the game.

I just play for fun, so 1.04 serves that purpose for me just as well as 1.02 did. I did pretty well on 1.02, and I do pretty well with 1.04. Some things have changed, but good players still beat bad players consistently. And isn't timing important in both 1.02 and 1.04? Players are affected equally by the rules, so what is the problem? Although I agree the saber should do more damage...

it's kinda sad, were sitting here arguing about how the game should b and raven doesnt seem 2 do anything about it.

Im glad that some1 is making quake4 (raven) but I hope 1 of their secret projects (there was 3 from the beginning, 1 of em was q4) is an expansion for jk2.

I normally Go to where the numbers are... more play 1.4 so that's where ill be.

trouble is the game got past a bug list and got to a hate list. that's when they should of closed there ears to all the fanboys. When someone hates something its normally means its working as intended.. ok there are a few exceptions like Backstab (hehehe Love that move :p ) but when they fixed the problem they added others like reduced saber dmg. Kick well Kick is ok apart from the gayboy bind pull kickers. but as been said in other threads, they normally rely on there bind keys so much, that are a week arse player anyhow. instead of improving the game, they tried to keep every one happy and that was a shame. people that work on mods like promod I take my hats of to, as they try to do what Lucas overlooked.

anyways keep ya sabers up guys un gals or your blaster drawn if you prefer.

p.s also imo a lot of problems that players did not take the time to learn the game, and got upset with other players that did.

Originally posted by WarteX

I hope 1 of their secret projects (there was 3 from the beginning, 1 of em was q4) is an expansion for jk2.

A new Jedi Knight series project has already been announced, but whether it is an expansion or JO2 is not yet known, I do believe. I suspect it is the former, though.

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

trouble is the game got past a bug list and got to a hate list. that's when they should of closed there ears to all the fanboys...

p.s also imo a lot of problems that players did not take the time to learn the game, and got upset with other players that did.

Couldn't...agree...more.

Kick well Kick is ok apart from the gayboy bind pull kickers. but as been said in other threads, they normally rely on there bind keys so much, that are a week arse player anyhow.

True true..

But that's why duels are better =)

But to be on the safe side, it's often best to just make a bind saying "No kicking or throwing during duel" - It works for me.

Archived