Home

Games

gorganfloss

Check the bargain bin of your local software store, you should find the Doom Collection or something similar... for like 10 bucks you can get Ultimate Doom, Doom2, the master levels, etc.

As far as getting it to run, I recommend GL Legacy (for official maps.. ie: the standard doomy ones) or ZDoomGL (for mods).

There are other ports out there, but those are the best in terms of features and stability overall. Legacy unfortunately has lots of graphical glitches with stuff that uses new textures, so its not as good for those.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to confess, I have not been playing alot of games as of late, but the last game I have been playing the most is Age Of Mythology which I feel is the best Real Time Strategy Game from Ensemble Studios yet. I still do play Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, still my favorite first person shooter. I am anticipating the release of Doom 3, as I am a big fan of the Doom series.

Despite Doom being incredibly primitive compared to modern shooters, I still enjoy playing some of the excellent TC's made for it (that are just fun and cheesy enough to be real time wasters):

Zombies TC (updated with the EDGE engine, love the sniper rifle!)

WolfenDoom (a whole slew of missions, with a great Wolf3d theme)

TwilightWarrior/Covert Ops (Zdoom and EDGE enhanced... special ops, surprisingly fun)

Ghostbusters (funny and fun though incomplete and tough)

Star Wars TC (they finally released an updated version..)

the Darkest Hour (another SW TC, feels like a Dark Forces 1 expansion.. for ZdoomGL awesome!)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Ghostbusters (funny and fun though incomplete and tough)

Star Wars TC (they finally released an updated version..)

Ghostbusters - how did that one work?

As for the SW TC, I remember LucasArts getting VERY twitchy over it and shutting it down..... Nice to see it is still available... Was it completed in the end?

Currently playing...

Thief Gold

Unreal (again)

NOLF2 (on hold due to graphical glitches :( )

SOF2

Codename Outbreak

Neverwinter Nights

Talking about Unreal...does anyone know a valid link where I can download OldSkool Amp'd? I've hunted through several sites, and all of their links go nowhere. Has that mod been withdrawn? I could kick myself because I used to have it, but when my hard disk crashed last year I lost it, and didn't make a backup...

As for DOOM, I use DoomLegacy, which also covers Heretic and Hexen. Nothing like a blast from the past. :D

1. Jedi Outcast

2. Dark Forces

3. Dark Forces 2

4. Mysteries of the Sith

5. Mega Man X5 (PC version)

6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PC)

7. The Final Fantasy Legend (Game Boy)(An oldie, but good nontheless! :D)

Still waiting for Star Wars Galaxies to come out.

My avatar and signature will show what game I am currently playing, and as you can see, it is No One Lives Forever 1. I don't have A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way yet, but saw it for 30 bucks at Best Buy. It should go down another 10 soon. Hopefully before Easter :D

Don't worry, after I beat NoLF, you'll see Indy in my av and sig :cool:

Originally posted by Gorgan

I started playing NOLF again the other day. For some reason I cant get past around the 6th level. Im great at the mp of it but i suck badly at the sp levels.

Mission or level? I am on the last level of Mission 9 (Trouble in the Tropics) and its just one of those stealth things where multiple trys are needed to suceed.

If it is Mission 6, The Dive, the hardest part was the second level on the hotel roof. I kept falling off gutters and the like :p

The hardest level I have encountered was A Man of Influence, level 1. I Kept being spotted... :mad:

Oh well, I am getting good at the whole stealth thing.:D

Originally posted by leXX

I've just finished downloading the NOLF2 demo, so I'll let you know if I like it or not. If I do, it's on sale at http://www.play.com for £14.99. :D

That means it's around 20 here in the US...

I heard good stuff from a few people and do plan on getting it. I have the demo, but will play it after playing NoLF so I don't see the spoilers. I know Bruno is alive fromthe wallpapers.....

Archived