Home

How the death star came into palpatine's hands

SE_Vader_536

earlier this week i finished reading Rogue Planet, the story of a planet with living ships that were also the fastest in the galaxy. in it i found a tantilizing tidbit. The death star is mentioned and i thought you might want to know it was designed by a man named Raith Seinar. Tarkin got a hold of the designs and when his attempt to invade the rogue planet with the fast ships failed he secretly gave chancellor palpatine the designs for a pardon.

This happens about 3 years after phantom menace.

And then Lucas comes in and says: "Ya...I wanted to show the fans where the Death Star came from...so I decided to have Bug creatures give the concept of the Death Star to Palpatine.."

*sigh* Always attacking the beautiful and respectable EU..

Actually, the first place it is said to have come from is from the Maw laboratory, built by designer Bevel Lemelisk (sp?). That was in the Jedi Acedemy trilogy, our long before Rogue Planet.

Of course, none of it matters because Lucas screwed it all. Grrr...

Well, the Death Star does suffer from serious design flaws. It would be interesting if the Death Star was the result of a bunch of group thinking and a revolving door of designers. A possible curse would be cool too. :)

Think about it. Every designer / builder has met a bad fate:

1. Death Star 1 = blown up

2. Death Star 2 = blown up

3. The Emperor (Builder) = thrown down air shaft

4. Grand Moff Tarkin = Died on Death Star I

5. The bug guys = Asses kicked in Clone War

6. The Maw Installation Designer = fell into black hole

What have we learned from this boys and girls? Wait..say that again?

Don't make Deathstars that cost billions and billions of credits which contain tiny weaknesses and flaws that will leave it penetratable to tiny starfighters!

*Runs off into the woods with little boys and girls*

(Ignore that last part)

Archived