Home

The Republic ARC trooper-good or bad?

boinga1

The Republic Advanced Recon Commando trooper, shown

h03_3_bg.jpg here.

what do people think of it? it sems to me any unneccasssary addition from the comics, and anyway it doesn't fit because there is no way these could be truned into stormies.

there's more info (a lil) on this page, about halfway down, and another shot.

Looks like it got a whole lot of inspiration from "Terminator". Oh well; Lucas was also "inspired" by "Gladiator" for the Arena battle, and he probably ripped off "5th Element" so the he could make his Coruscant...

Enough Lucas bashing, I'm in a bad mood today...

• 4 weeks later...

Pnut_Master, 5th Element was made in the mid/late 90s (sometime, can't remember when, but that's irrelevant really. :) ), and Coruscant was designed in the early 80s to be used in RotJ instead of the Sanctuary moon of Endor. :)

So if anyone ripped anything off out of those 2, it's 5th Element. ;):p

The figure doesn't do the character justice. The comic ARC Trooper is much more charasmatic. Solves all his problems with violence, but at least he has a personalty. You can root for him.

Its Dirge that I want to know more about. Is he a borg, a droid, or just psycho-hardcore human? Shot though the eye, no big deal. Stabbed though the gut with a lightsaber, b-slaps aside the jedi that did it. Kickazzzz!

Originally posted by SE_Vader_536

well it looks like and open skirt to me

they should make more of those except for women:animelol:

oh what a world it would be

(ok maybe that was too far...)

LOL.. it was a bit much,.. but now i know what kind of person you are :p

*makes note in big member book*

• 3 months later...
The figure doesn't do the character justice. The comic ARC Trooper is much more charasmatic. Solves all his problems with violence, but at least he has a personalty. You can root for him.

couldn't agree more. the potrayal of the ARC trooper in republic series ROX!! not only for the reasons random stated, but also coz they look so damn cool.... the cloth around their waists (don't call them skirts, dude...) is actually a great addition to their outfit... lemme see if i can get a pic...

spotlight_arc_bg.jpg

tell me that isn't one of the coolest scenes u've ever seen....

rebel_spy-

yeah, they were personally trained by jango himself. and while more than one were created, i think only one--Alpha--survived.

Archived