Home

Norwegian G3 Beta version is out, come get it!

After a lot of work, I have decided to release the G3 Beta version. Featured in this beta are almost every aspect of the finished version. What's not included is planetary map (only the main map and two battle maps are included in the zip file), and things like pirate encounters (I have included a list of possible encounters in the zip file, but I have yet to implement when pirate encounters will occur). There is a tutorial included that pretty thoroughtly covers batttles, and there is an FAQ. Both will be expanded as the game nears completion.

The first time you play the game, I recommend you play without personell (except from soldiers) and resources. Have ships cost credits only, not minerals, and have them require no crew. Also, before my pop. growth/resource gathering generator is done, you can choose to agree on a fixed population growth/income per citizen (for example 1 credit per citizen and a growth of 200 citizens per colony/planet).

How long will the beta be available?

Indefinetly.

Besides from the obvious (Word and a Paint program), what do I need?

You'll need some special dices other than six-sided ones. For those who don't have dices like these, you can buy them at your local Hobbyist Retailer (such as Games Workshop) or you can download the other generator I'm making that will simulate the rolling of 4-, -8, 12-, and 20-sided dices. You'll also need a calculator (use the one on your computer).

For battles, main map movement, etc. I recommend you use an advanced paint program like PhotoShop, that enables the use of layers. For the main map, movement is a lot easier if you let all the stations be one layer and every ship has its own layer.

Should I print the files that come with the game?

Well, that's up to you. With the lag (team) 1- and 2 files, I recommend you keep them on your HD if you don't want to do a lot of eraser work. If you want to bring the game to a friend or something, you're better off copying the game to a disk or giving your friend the URL of the beta. That, or you'll have to copy what might be 100+ pages.

Stuff that didn't make it into the manual:

I haven't figured out a convinient way of assuming control of planets/building stations away from home, so I've come up with a temporary one: To build a station, move three freighters to the location where you want to build the station. The freighters will be dismantled and the resources will be used to build the station (not that this is a temporary solution and feel free to come up with something else).

Also, warheads in the game can be destroyed. They have no shields and an armor rating of 10 (one hit).

Download 1.2 Beta (Norwegian bokmål).

Archived