Home

Who will play Enter The Matrix before seeing the movie?

BCanr2d2

As the topic asks, who will play the game, and see what insights it has into the Matrix storyline before going to see the movie in the cinemas?

Since the game has a storyline that directly relates to the first movie, as well as being directed by the people who did the movie, they have already stated that people who don't have the game will miss out on some of what is in offer.

Or will people get the game later, and wait for a DVD release to really see what Enter The Matrix had to offer into the Matrix Trilogy.

I see it as a new step, and hopefully one that will be copied in years to come, where stories that don't translate well to film are given a proper treatment in a game, and help to flesh out what happens in the movie. I know that if there is an Episode 3 version of this kind of game, then it would easily knock The Sims off the top of the most units sold ever list.

I know the storylines that must be placed in these kind of games can't have any real effect on the movie, but as an important and parallel timeline, it can help people to see the wider story. Getting greedy, some will do two or three of these games, that provide a backstory for central characters/groups, which would be overkill.

What are everyone's thoughts on finally a use of these two mediums to tell a story that will hopefully be successful. I can't wait personally - with the graphical wizardy they will provide in both the movie and on my XBOX.....

I will buy the game on the way home from the cinema. I still can't decide whether to get it on PC or XBOX. I'm leaning towards PC because of all the skins, mods etc that will no doubt come out for the PC version.

I was going to get the xbox version before I upgraded my PC with more ram and got a geforce 4. I think my PC will more than be able to handle it now thank god. I expect there will be loads of skins and stuff, such as Trinity and Neo and it will be cool to play the game with them too.

PC is only superior power wise if you have an up to date graphics card and lots of ram. Before I upgraded my PC, my xbox was more powerful, that's why I couldn't make my mind up. PC does however have the advantage of patches, skins, mods etc although xbox live will soon be matching that too. I believe Unreal Championship is the first game to be patched using xbox live and plenty will follow. Unfortunately PC gaming is going downhill fast. A lot of games are console only and it's annoying me.

Archived