Home

JKO! Not Dead Yet!!

griff38

Seen 1 to many complaints about JKO being dead.

Wrong.

There are many reasons why it can and will stay alive for a long time.

If it's dying why is JKII the most popular Lucasforum out there?

Star Wars 20615 1000

GalacticBattles.com 122454 8114

JediKnightII.net 512408 48301

Mixnmojo.com 17309 1308

JediKnight.net 28918 3023

Monkey Island 76762 7835

LucasConsoles.com 19168 2607

XWingAlliance.net 65810 4217

RogueSquadron.net 83256 3857

SWGalaxies.net 25807 1588

IndyJones.net 8012 2473

Forum Help & Feedback Center 3284 450

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The fact that it's forum has the largest post count and the matter of the game itself being, "dead" aren't really related at all.

True, but I consider the forums a leading indicator of the popularity of the game.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Many forum goers don't play the game anymore. You're comparing apples to oranges ;)

I know most swampies don't play much but there are plenty who still do and even more over here in the valley.

I meet newb uh...... sorry new players all the time.

And with guys like razorace working on new goodies it can stay very fresh.

Meet me online you know I will beat you

See me online and I will CTR+ALT+DELETE you :)

Finally! A thread dedicated to the fact it's not dead!:D Yay!

I said this on FatalStrike's thread, but we mappers, movie makers, modellers, skinners, effect makers, coders, and any editors I left out still cause it to grow. There are many new treats coming out soon. Forcemod 2, Party Crasher, Dark Forces, and many others.

Our pessimists who say its dead can kill it by making others think it is dead and stop playing it. That kills a game.

A game is dead when nobody plays it and nobody talks about it.

I'm not going to stop playing this game for a long time. There are plenty of threads without Yoda's Swamp, but Yoda's Swamp has several threads with over one thousand replies including the Father Torque Foundation, which of course going to have more posts than almost any other thread. The Valley of the Jedi and General Editing both have more threads than the Swamp.

400 of those servers are empty ;)

This is not all Lucas Arts' fault...it's also admins who decide to make all these crappy mods, put it on the server, then turn auto download off. Also, admins who fill their servers full of bots. I'm tired of seeing the only server with people on it ending up being 100% bots.

Really, the ONLY good mod (game mod, not admin mods) was ProMod....all the others were crap. Een that jedi++ mod...it made the red saber freeze if you swung the saber. Swing...freeze for 2 seconds....then finish swing. It just looked so dumb.

I'm more than willing to play with people though. I still enjoy sabering. I did earn the title Master Saberist in a tournament, after all ;)

BTW, although I'm now in charge of the Counter-Strike Division, we still do have a JK2 Division...but it's still growing. I'd appreciate some help by someone letting my clan use their jk2 dedicated server for an "official" clan server. (Only two people would need admin, myself and our JK2 Division's General). Would appreciate Jedi Master difficulty. Any takers?

Thanks Griff. It's about time this thing was posted. As stated before, this game isn't dead. I hate all the threads that says that it is. Just leave and go onto another game. I for one don't want to hear people complaining. Let the people that enjoy JO keep it alive. And don't scare other people away. Let them make their own decision whether or not they like to play this game. I was playing a few days ago and this person kept on saying that JO was dead. I found it ironic since he was playing. Oh, and I know this might be a little off topic but I'll try to connect it:

//This is my take... Don't be scared if you are starting to play this game... Read my Bold Statement at the bottom.

I think the complaints are the reason why this game has gone downhill. On the forums and in the games. Since I already talked about the forums, I'll talk about in game situations.

One is hacking. I hear people tossing this accusation around so much its unbelieveable. I for one have been accused of hacking many times. Second is players complaining about how you killed them. Again, I have made many enemies that can't handle that they were killed by a saber or just killed...

Lets get this straight... I started playing this game when it first came out and still play it for enjoyment. And two, I don't hack and don't use binds (which I find worthless).

For those who usually complain, here is my message to you. Accept the fact that some people are better than you... I did along time ago and even today... But, with that said, learn from them. Ask them questions or just watch. You can learn a lot that way. Oh yes, practice with real people when you can because no bot can simulate a human. Hope to see you out there on the servers :)

well.. i don't have a good view on how alive or how dead the game is.. I'm sure there are many reasons for the game still being alive.

But I just don't think the amount of posts on this lucasforum is a good reference to how alive or how dead the game is.. Mainly because a lot of the posts are complaint posts and posts about other issues besided the game (swampy).

So i guess there are tons of good reasons of why the game may still be alive.. i just don't think the amount of posts on this board belongs in that category.

I'm glad this game is not dead! I love it like a brother!

All I used to play was MP, but that got a little boring, so I tried the campaign missions. I'm a changed man! :cool:

As for those who think the game is dead, they can talk all they want, but in the end this game will survive! I feel like singing! :D

TWL Forums » Game Specific » Jedi Outcast » JO: Closing of the Team Ladders

Author Thread New Thread / Thread Locked

BloodyShark

Jedi Outcast Admin 03-05-2003 03:42 AM / profile / quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently the team ladders for Jedi Outcast have become extremely small. Because of this we are going to be closing them down. The 1v1 ladders will stay open and we will also probably be getting rid of the two forum system.

For all those who are still active in the affected ladders we apologize.

New Thread / Thread Locked

TWL Forums » Game Specific » Jedi Outcast » JO: Closing of the Team Ladders

forum home / emoticon legend / forum codes

All content © teamwarfare.com 2000-2003 TWL Time: 3/23/2003 12:14:27 AM Privacy Policy

I'm sure there are less people playing this game than before, but I always thought that the competative players that play in ladders and tournaments were hard core gamers. Don't hard core gamers always play the newest games? This game has been out almost a year. Of course there are going to be less players.

But less players does not equal dead. Frankly, I think this is when the game is at it's best. The novelty has worn off, so those players that hop from game to game are gone. Those that truly enjoy this game are all that remain (except FatalStrike, who seems to be trying to convince people not to play for some reason). I'm having more fun now than ever, especially with all the great SP maps coming out.

Really, JO is dead for those who want it to be, and very alive for those that want to play.

Archived