Home

The Clonetrooper has a new look!

Niblem

Hey all remember me? Or the clonetrooper for that matter, its been along time and I havent updated the little guy. Sorry to have let all of you down. But however it wasnt me bein lazy :p I lost my hard drive a while back, actually back in august of '02 ne'ways I found a way around all the problems and got a version of my model back. Sooo since its been soo long since the little guy hasn't seen any chance of feeling new again, I decided to re-vamp his look *also due to planetquakes' review.. ouch* but, behold I have reskined him and have remodeled about 70% of him, so he now looks alot more like the movie trooper. He's about 5500 poly's but he will include 3-4 LOD's and im gonna see if I can lower the amount neways.. (his head is full of them). I would also like to include sounds now.. So Im gonna have to get to that too. The only prob is that it is gonna be awhile. I have to redo all the hyarchy and the skeletal system :( but... I will be working on it as fast as I can. heres a image of the new model with the new skins :) :) :) Enjoy! :fett:clonetrooper.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I can include a shaded (shiny) trooper. Only the Commander (yellow) and plaing are in deathmatch, the red and blue are for Team. But I will make a shiny trooper, why not ? :) And yeah I was planning on making the clone pilot helmet. I'll have to find some refrence shots.. it wouldnt be that hard, just a little poly modding to the helmet :)

Ok, DAMN! pheew! Finished with that :p Hey I finished the pilots head :p Let me know what you all think.. Took awhile, heh just finished and its 6:00 am. I started at 3:50 pm yesterday. :p:fett:

I think it does justice! Cept the chin needs to be adjusted. Like i did in the other model. :D :D :D

Here the pic.. pilot.jpg

i have made a reskin of the old clonetrooper just because i think the skin looked as if it was in mint condition......not used at all.

here is what i came up with:

clone01.jpg

it has not been released but if you like it i might.

(the colored ones and the pilot are reskined to)

Looking better Niblem! :D

I have two observations though.

1.) It looks like your pilot's helmet is a little too short, height-wise.

2.) The skin of the pilot's helmet is not totally accurate to the movie.

Here's two good pictures of the clone pilot, on the following page, that can probably help you out....

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Clonetrooper&img=

Keep up the good work! :D

Padawan_7

Ok, after a little more work.. I've raised the pilots helmet height, and re-did a few things on his texture map, like suggested. Here's that pic.

pilot3.jpg

And further more :D here is a pic of all the troopers side by side, clean and dirty... :D :D :D Jengo would be proud :fett: ; beware tho the pic is a big pic. ; Clone Army

I just noticed there seems to be a mapping problem on the red and blue troopers left lower arm :p gotta go fix that :p

Let me know what you think :p

Archived