Home

The Clonetrooper has a new look!

Niblem

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks..

Im working on the caps... Trying to figure out how to do it. Cause the lightsaber would cut right through the armor, so I could make the cut through the armor, or at a joint. Not sure how to accomplish this :p But yeah I will include them. In fact I havent even seperated the black body mesh yet, unlike the last trooper who's body was in parts. So I have to figure that out, and I still have to set up the hiearchy, the skeleton and the skin weighing. So there still is more work to do. And then I have sounds also :p

The LOD's will be included and there allready is bot support.

Ciao, I'll keep you updated.

looks cool, but you forgot the green one. check out the starwars q&a section, there's five colors, plain for grunts, green for sarges, blue is leiutenant, red is major and gold is commander (might have red and blue wrong way round) oh and make sure you set you're commander's bot up the right way. the old one was set up as a grunt with the name clonecommander...

Yeah sure I can include a green skin :p But I dunno about the ARC trooper. Kinda wierd looking. But regardless, I might in the future.. Just not im my plans for the time being. And also I dont recall seeing any in AOTC. So currently this will be a movie release :p Maybe later.

Alright, not fun, not fun, not fun! heh I've been making progress.. There are a few joint bugs in the model when imported into the game, plus I need to update some of the other files. Both skins are shaded with shaders. They are both shiny so to speak even the battle damaged one, but it looks good, trust me :) Got all the skins included and added the sergent. Still havent worked on the pilot yet, he's awaiting export from 3dmax. Lots more work to be done so be patient. If anyone can remember I cant seem to, what was the bone needed to be weighted for the saber back hand move to work correctly? Thanks.

Looking great, I only find one little "mistake" (sort of):

The commander needs to be darker in the yellow parts (more like the pilot) the captain did'n match the movie one (needs to be a little darker too) and the liutenant (blue) is far away to match the movie ones.

can you post a pic of the sergeant (green), and none of them has marks on the knees.

never meant to be rude but my english is limited :p

edit. added ref pic (see marker to find clones):

#$%&!, netfirms dont let me link, anyone knows another free hosting?

anyways there is the pic: http://www.starwars.com/community/downloads/wallpaper/viewer/theme20020822/3_1280x1024.jpg but there are no markers, yet you can see a commander, 5 captains, 5 liutenants a 3 sergeants.

Thanks for your input however im not trying to go all movie with this model. Because well Tim Appleby reviewed my model at polycount awhile back and I was kinda dissapointed, however I felt that he hit alot of real problems which has led the model to its current state. (however they reviewed model ver. 1.0 not 1.2 where I fixed some of those problems) Here's the statement (click it for the link) "The model also has ctf skins, while simplistic, the CTF skins are reminiscent of ranking officers from Ep2, but for functionality I don't think its enough variation for ctf skins. In a fast paced game it becomes very easy to loose track of which are the red team clone troopers and which are the blue. The ctf skins definitely need more color variation on them. "

So thats why there are those extra color bands. And sure I can set the color of the commander to the same as the pilot. Not sure about the blue and red tho, maybe i'll match them with the pic provided. But Im using a specular map on my models regardless with a shader so the color kind of changes depending on the lighting. Heres some shots :) There are some obvious errors I have noticed with the models. If I fix the major ones I might release a beta version for you guys to download :) :)

Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3 Shot 4

There are some obvious errors I have noticed with the models. If I fix the major ones I might release a beta version for you guys to download

Great look foward to seeing those.

What aboutthe reflectiveness of the amour, have you got that sussed as well?

While that is a valid criticism he makes, it shouldn't matter too much in an actual team game, considering the "team beacon" icon you can turn on (and which is on by default IIRC).

Kind of hard to ignore a big symbol above the heads of your teammates.

Archived